User Tag List

First 45678 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Once I get my own place, and specifically if I move out of the District, I plan on turning my Bushmaster 14.5 in. Carbine:

into something like this:

for home defense.
    You must have a lot of enemies IRL.
    -end of thread-

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Why do you say that?

I don't actually.

I just like to go shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    This came up once in Halla's blog. I have been surprised even when living in very safe communities to discover that most of my male friends keep things like machetes and baseball bats within arm's reach while they sleep.

I know in the States, many people also have guns closeby for protection.

What about you? Do you keep weapons handy? If so, what is it and do you have and what made you decide it was important? Are you ever afraid that it could be used against you instead?
    Reactions to this thread, some kind of love.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Why do you say that?

I don't actually.

I just like to go shooting.
    "for home defense" ?

I don't expect mobs of people to break into my house, but that's just me I guess.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTj

I have a metal bar, but it's really too ineffective of a weapon against serious threats. One hit will likely not stop a determined or deranged attacker.

I am looking into tactical shotguns, but in Canada, there are strict storage rules. I should get a Samarai sword also. With a small amount of training, even the strongest opponent can be stopped with it.

I will likely never need them, but I like the idea of being prepared for the worse case.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

"for home defense"
    Yea as in a gun I keep at home that would be my go to should a robbery occur.

Just because I have the gun doesn't necessarily mean I have a greater number of enemies or even ones who would be more likely to break into my place of residence.

The rest of the time, it would just be one of my guns that I like to take to the range and plink with.

I don't expect mobs of people to break into my house, but that's just me I guess.
    I don't either.

But should a break in occur, I like having the ability to accurately and quickly put multiple rounds into a target or targets.

With shotguns you get a spread of pellets that can cause collateral damage.

Pistols (without a lot of practice) are very difficult to shoot quickly and accurately under duress.

Thus I like having the carbine that has enough ammo to get whatever job done I need it to, can be fired accurately (cause its a rifle) and quickly, and won't cause damage outside of the things I aim at (like buck shot shells can).

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Everything in this picture can be used as a weapon.

And I always have at least two of these things nearby.

NPcomplete

I've never really thought about getting weapons. Right beside my bed, I only have a flashlight, my booklight, and my cell phone. But I also have several pens, pencils, a stapler, and knitting needles on my desk..

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    This came up once in Halla's blog. I have been surprised even when living in very safe communities to discover that most of my male friends keep things like machetes and baseball bats within arm's reach while they sleep.

I know in the States, many people also have guns closeby for protection.

What about you? Do you keep weapons handy? If so, what is it and do you have and what made you decide it was important? Are you ever afraid that it could be used against you instead?
    I used to have a hammer with a large claw on it next to my bed, I dont know were it went, I've had two great knives in my time but they're both lost and I think one of them was stolen. I tend to think of knives as tools and not really weapons but use as a weapon can be the same think depending on the circumstances.

Personally I can understand anyone wanting to be armed and for a long time and I guess still I dont like the idea of ever being killed in an aggressive act and being unarmed at the time, I hate the idea of completely defenceless victims of crime or terror, ultimately the only thing which is going to stop either is the threat of equal or overwhelming violence from their intended targets. Not the authorities, not the police.

I'd have weapons mounted above the fireplace, at the entrance to the house, just about everyplace if I could.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

No, if Falcarius ever felt the need for weapons while he sleeps he would leave as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.