User Tag List

12 Last

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Default The Zombie Survival Plan Thread:D

*took this from my blog to put in here, so we can start big public discussion of the zombie apocalypse and how YOU plan on surviving it! I wanna hear your plans!!!*

I have a complex and comprehensive plan for surviving the zombie apocalypse,this is a condensed version of it, it goes into much more details than this, I created this, and ran it by my friends whom I felt could help most with it, the way its set up, 10-15 people could survive for one year, without ever leaving the designated shelter area, large trucks available that are so far off the ground that unless zombies are awesome climbers, if we needed to leave for any reason, we would be fine (you can also get into the back from the cab, very useful)… the location picked is literally a few hundred feet from a wal-mart with a shielded loading dock which we have a key for (dont ask how) only two entrances from the store to the back, both easily permanently blocked with wrapped pallets of heavy tv’s which are already located near those doors, one can be blocked, the other semi-blocked so we can peruse the store, kill off any zombies in there, and eat all the most perishable food first.

To the left of our location looking out is the wal-mart, to the front is an Urgent care clinic, directly to the right, is a tall wall making an impenetrable barrier on one side of our property, one could go from this wall, using long boards, to the top of the local hospital, which has great generators and huge supplies of extra fuel and medical supplies since its the only hospital in our area…

Directly within our complex (An Ace hardware! all the materials we would ever need, wood, cinder blocks, bricks, metal, everything... ) we are already surrounded by a large fence , but we have everything we need to build a giant wall with re-bar and cinder blocks, then fill the insides with concrete, which we also have hundreds and hundreds of bags available, and we have timed out how long it would take us to build a wall 20 feet high, 5 cinder blocks deep, we built a test section, then measured out where we would need to make the wall, and figured out we could build the whole wall with as little as the base 6 of us in about 9 hours, 14-16 hours if you count in the fact we will probably slow down allot as we get tired.

And last but not least, we have a friend who would be joining us in this hypothetical situation who literally has the materials to make millions of rounds of various types of ammo, with a bunch already made, and of course, he has ALLOT of guns,lol… oh, and we are also right across the street from the water tower for the whole area, which we also have the key needed to enter the property, our team has an EMT, Various members of the military, The Ammunition guy who is ALSO an amazing mechanic that can fix just about anything, A licensed contractor who has been in the business working for his dad since he was old enough to hold a hammer, myself, a person that is familiar with all of the natural resources in our area, and an excellent planner:Plol , and a highly decorated U.S. Army sharpshooter who actually just got out of the service late last year.

I think we are as ready as anyone can be…

And be4 anyone asks…No, I dont think the zombie apocalypse is really going to happen, but growing up in a small town, you get bored…really bored…lol…

Also, Wolf's Bane grows ALL over my home town, it is everywhere, and a friend has a TON of bulk silver, I have a bit myself, the vampire plan involves solid steel collars, A lot of crosses, saving a local priest so he can bless our water, and collecting a ton of garlic from a local organic farm and/or grocery store.

And that is my plan, if I was back in my hometown, however, im not...lol

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My plan for th zombie invasion:

Load up on guns (mandetory essential), arrows (rule of cool), machetes (great for hacking off body limbs), ninja weapons (why not?) and other killing instruments. Gather me family/friends and armor our mini-van to the teeth with extra metal plating, spikes, and other things until it's built like a tank. That or buy/steal an RV from somewhere and pimp it out like a tank. Drive around in said vehicle and kick zombie ass!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

hehehe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You bet your ass I'm making an "Incase of X, break glass" box in my house. There's gonna be three of them, and they're gonna be bad ass. One for vampires, one for zombies, and one for werewolves. Great decor + functionality = perfect imo.

I keep various weapons of all sorts around my bed already, ensuring you have easy access to weapons and knowing where they are in a pinch rocks. Doubling things as weapons helps a lot... keeping your sports stuff like bats near the front door, hanging heavy curtain rods around the house, having fireplace pokers.. It's just a good idea.

Having a dog definitely helps for sure.

Our walmart is a cat-throw away, so I'd have to go there for my necessities. My plan is to creep through the neighborhood and pray.

Bonus: All of the zombie-awareness stuff doubles for thieves and break-in would-bes. You can't go wrong.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

hahahahha, good point kyuui, its useful whether its zombies breaking in, or a would be robber,lol

MBTI
    INTP

Can the zombies be reasoned with?

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

no, we will assume for the sake of discussion that they are the undead mindless ravenous zombies that populate the majority of popular zombie movies.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    no, we will assume for the sake of discussion that they are the undead mindless ravenous zombies that populate the majority of popular zombie movies.
    Are they super-speed rage zombies, or classic, slow zombies

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

hmmm, Id say most are classic zombies, but some of the fresher ones are fast, but still a little slower than they where in life, and continuously degrading...

I keep a baseball bat in my bedroom. If (or when) the zombie apocalypse occurs ("Zed Day"), I will use the bat to fend off any zombies I encounter between my bedroom and my car. I will take a handful of personal effects with me.

My only concern is not starving to death. I don't fear the zombies themselves; they're stupid and slow. It should be fairly easy to bash their heads in should I encounter them. But without the food production chain in place I would most likely perish due to malnutrition.

I will drive east, to the prairies, where I will encounter friendly farmers who are too far away from the zombie horde to be affected. Being that they're farmers they will be able to grow enough food for me to subsist on.