User Tag List

First 123 Last

What I find difficult is having an extremely flexible schedule and my job is project-based. I actually like the flexibility but I admit that I'm not good at managing my time. What tends to happen is that I waste time (or do things that aren't necessarily time wasters but they aren't what I'm supposed to do), then I have to kill myself the next day to catch-up or meet a deadline. So I'm either just putzing around or killing myself - no happy medium.

In my case, it's mostly time management that's an issue - my house, car, closets, etc. are pretty good.

MBTI
    ENTP

A place for everything and everything in its place...

Or at minimum, a place for my keys & wallet and my keys & wallet always in that place.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

It is organized.. If anyone tries to clean then I'm disorganized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

I simply "become" a J for brief periods of time when necessary.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    What I find difficult is having an extremely flexible schedule and my job is project-based. I actually like the flexibility but I admit that I'm not good at managing my time. What tends to happen is that I waste time (or do things that aren't necessarily time wasters but they aren't what I'm supposed to do), then I have to kill myself the next day to catch-up or meet a deadline. So I'm either just putzing around or killing myself - no happy medium.

In my case, it's mostly time management that's an issue - my house, car, closets, etc. are pretty good.
    Time management! Now that's a different issue. Hmmm well if I told someone I'll get this and that done at that date/time... I'll get it done then. That's the only way I've managed to get things done.

Elfie's method's not bad... if you can get it to work. For the life of me I couldn't.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    the cool thing is that i can always do things if someone else is depending on me. like, i'm never late for my 6am shift at work because it would suck for my coworkers. but i can't even wake myself up for my 9:30 class most of the time, since no one but me gets screwed if i don't go.

Same with me. I think it may have to relate to the fact that I don't like screwing over other people, but if the only person who's affected is myself, I don't really care.

people can tell me all the techniques they want. it isn't gonna change my self-defeating/self-destructive tendencies. only i can change that.
    I've never found a way to explain that to someone without sounding extremely lazy or psycotic.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

For space management, whatever your type of organization system is (anything from "every object oragnized by date, time, alphabet, color" to "all of this on one pile, all of that in another...") try making a habit of always putting things back in that system, rather than letting disorganization building up and than you having to take a big chunk of time to reorganize everything. (By "try" I mean" see if it helps with the issues", not "make an attempt and fail".) (for example, when you read a book, put it back on the shelf rather than dropping it, put papers back in filing cabinets/folders if you take them out, or put them into their respective piles if that is what you do, put clothes away when right when you do laundry, etc.)

Recent procrastination/disinterest issues aside (Which seem to be different issues than straight disorganization), for me some useful habits include doing things right when I think of them (rather than "waiting for later"), doing something long enough to get into a flow of doing it (which makes it harder to stop), getting into a habit of doing certain things at particular times (This is a hit or miss strategy, but overall it helps.).

In terms of disorganization, I tend to be one of those "appears messy, but actually knows where everything is" type of people, though I have gotten cleaner after moving into the new apartment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Lol I've just faced it that I'll never be organized
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I use Wunderlist for my to-do list, Google calendar for my appointments (and *ONLY* my appointments, as otherwise I start to rebel when I over schedule myself) and Evernote for any important documentation that I need at my fingertips in a moments notice.

I tend to rebel really easy, so I need to make sure my Tertiary Te actually *likes* and enjoys the organisation I'm doing (relief function, ), and doesn't feel overloaded - otherwise, I find myself going on strike or balking at my job.

I also found that part of that is making sure that my job actually demands NeFi for the most part and Te just as a support mechanism. Ive done jobs - like secretary - where I'm perfectly ok the first 3 months coz I'm still learning the ropes (which Ne looooves), but once that's over, I'm just stuck with an overly stressed TeSi to the point of paranoia as I *know* I'm not up to standard on that shit. And given a long enough period, it will feel like my soul has been sucked out and I'm now a walking, talking robot zombie.

I'm also learning about the very real value of things that people always called me 'lazy' over. Things that I need to reset my brain so I don't get jammed. If you spread them around your day enough, for small periods - aka, taking breaks and making the most of it, you're entitled to that! - it mitigates that feeling like you're stuck on a ride you cannot get off - ever.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I try sticking to a time table. It works for me just fine.