User Tag List

First 12

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

For Dana-

On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee- it's a look at why things work as they do in the kitchen
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Wouldn't you rather get her this?

MBTI
    INFP

I will check that book out, whatever.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Grayscale- A River Runs Through It by Norman McLean
    i read a few of the passages i could find and i'm intrigued, im gonna pick it up at the library. thank you for the recommendation, most turn out to be duds.

"Below him was the multitudinous river, and, where the rock had parted it around him, big-grained vapor rose. The mini-molecules of water left in the wake of his line made momentary loops of gossamer, disappearing so rapidly in the rising big-grained vapor that they had to be retained in memory to be visualized as loops. The spray emanating from him was finer-grained still and enclosed him in a halo of himself. The halo of himself was always there and always disappearing, as if he were candlelight flickering about three inches from himself. The images of himself and his line kept disappearing into the rising vapors of the river, which continually circles to the tops of the cliffs where, after becoming a wreath in the wind, they became rays of the sun."

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters."

For Dana-

On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee- it's a look at why things work as they do in the kitchen
    I have this book and I consider it like my Bible. It's mindblowing.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I own it as well- it's like Good Eats in book form!

and I thought you'd like A River Runs Through It, Jake- I read an interview with Norman McLean once- he talked about hands in such a lovely way - it's a shame he never started writing until he was in his mid 70s

and FM- have you ever read any short stories by Damon Runyan? I think you'd like them somehow! Some were turned into radio shows- here are some of them
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I own it as well- it's like Good Eats in book form!

and I thought you'd like A River Runs Through It, Jake- I read an interview with Norman McLean once- he talked about hands in such a lovely way - it's a shame he never started writing until he was in his mid 70s

and FM- have you ever read any short stories by Damon Runyan? I think you'd like them somehow! Some were turned into radio shows- here are some of them
    I haven't, but I will check them out. And you should know that if I agree to read fiction, I must take the recommendation very seriously

Johari
    /Nohari