• ESTJ

1 1.64%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (If you want a serious thread, next time pick a specific trait that can be quantified -- "Which type is more empirical? Emotive? Disorganized?" -- rather than "quality" which is subjective.)
    See my last post, please. There's no reason a thread about something subjective can't be serious. "Are you happy?" is a subjective question that's hard to quantify, and is definitely on the "serious" side. Part of the fun is in trying to determine how to quantify something so amorphous.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Not INTJs. So many of them write such incredibly dry posts. It's a major yawnfest.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

As a whole, I think xNTP's put out a lot of quality posts.

I also have to say INFJ's. And not because I am one. I'm taking all of the INFJ's on the board into account. I do agree w/ others though that INFJ's aren't always the most succinct posters, but in some cases I don't think that's a bad thing at all. At least for myself, I try to aim for clarity, which does lead to longer posts at times.

Ok...I know I'm one of the few serious posters in this thread...everyone carry on w/ what you were doing!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's a major yawnfest.
    Watch it. (You know we're brilliant!)

EDIT: Silently Honest has the right idea!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Watch it. (You know we're brilliant!)

EDIT: Silently Honest has the right idea!
    When you put effort and thought into your posts, definitely.

(hint hint)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    See my last post, please. There's no reason a thread about something subjective can't be serious. "Are you happy?" is a subjective question that's hard to quantify, and is definitely on the "serious" side. Part of the fun is in trying to determine how to quantify something so amorphous.
    Sorry... Maybe the word "serious" is misleading and you're getting hung up on it -- this topic doesn't belong filed under "Other psychological topics" because it's mostly just (as you said) another collection of people's opinions without any good way to quantify the answers.

I'd move "Are you Happy" here too. Serious or not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I had thought my points were obvious enough, but I guess I didn't explain them very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    If I could operationalize it, I wouldn't have had to make this thread. I'm asking you to take an abstract idea like quality, give it some form, and tell us how that form meshes with the prompt in the OP.
    To clarify, I meant by my first point that the subjectivity of the subject renders a poll completely useless. Opinions are another matter, of course.
    Hence "average."
    Averages are useless if the standard deviations are too high, which they would most likely be in a case like this, due to the substantial variation of posting styles within a given type, as well as substantial similarities across types due to other factors.

Again, my 2nd point was that if there are (let's say) 3 posters of one type and 100 posters of another type, it's a lot more likely for "great posters" to turn up who belong to the latter type, regardless of which type actually has the higher quality posts. And that's assuming a universal standard for quality in the first place...

edit: to illustrate, there are 248 self-reported INTPs (not counting the many who don't show type) vs. 4 ESFJS, only one of which is active (and he's new). Try to tell me that's not going to skew any results beyond recognition.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sorry... Maybe the word "serious" is misleading and you're getting hung up on it -- this topic doesn't belong filed under "Other psychological topics" because it's mostly just (as you said) another collection of people's opinions without any good way to quantify the answers.
    Eh. All threads are merely collections of people's opinions. The fun is in trying to figure out how everyone contributes, which is where I was hoping this poll would go. It's in psychology because it deals with the psychology of the site, not so much the psychology of the individual posters, and to date we don't have a meta-forum, so I went with the second-best option.

Also, I still don't see what the lack of quantification matters.

1. We could always find a way to operationalize "quality."
    2. Even if we hadn't agreed upon anything, the different theories about how each type contributes, and how to measure contributions/quality would be "serious" and insightful.
    3. There are lots of threads in psychology that ask members to render subjective assessment, for example this one.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 03-04-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: org

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Objection noted.

(Hmmm. Are you flirting with me?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I would guess INTPs. They are the type with the highest average IQ, and compared to for example INTJs, they are more able to communicate their thoughts and ideas. But it's all subjective anyway.