User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I notice you, SuchIrony. I like your posts and your viewpoint.

I know the feeling, though. I have felt insignificant on here, too. I am thinking that it more likely to be the result of my feelings about myself and my reluctance to interact/comment more for fear of saying something stupid. But that is more on me than anyone else.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yup we are
    <<clown pic>>
    Gosh, prpl... that was kinda creepy, uh, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    To this specifically. There are a lot of people who don't receive many or any responses, so you're certainly not alone. There are only a select number of people - those who obviously fit the 'Beautiful' category - that are *consistently* praised, or ogled over by numerous guys. Just so ya know.

But this is just like posting, too -- if you go into it expecting or hoping for your pic or your post to be commented upon, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. All you can really do is put yourself out there - and if people comment, great, if not, then you ideally should be comfortable/secure enough to be ok without getting any response; otherwise might be worthwhile to do some searching beforehand to determine your motives for posting
    Yeah, I had missed this in the OP, but I've had the same feelings at times (feeling ignored when posting pics, here and on other sites -- there's a very small window of people who are considered "beautiful" and get all the attention) and had to follow this process you describe, examine my own reasons for posting such things, etc. It's kind of a meat market when you put yourself out there, and you can't really let a response or lack of one play a vital role in one's self-acceptance and validation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It was sexy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It was sexy.
    *reaches out and squeezes Mac's nose*

Honk honk
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

*reaches out and squeezes Mac's nose*

Honk honk
    That wasn't my nose!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I want a niche!

I am the dominant clique on the forum, it's so dominant only I'm allowed in.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    yupp

nope.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    some people use the forum as a sounding board, some as an escape from drudgery, some people lurk and learn, and some people seek intimacy. if you're interested in making human connections here: leave rep, write on walls, show your spirit not just your mind and allow relationships to develop organically. be open. no one owes you anything here.
    I was just going to read the posts, and not reply, LOL but I like this, especially the bold.

SI I see you man. You are being heard just not making noise. Feel me?

Smile Togetherness

I can honestly say that I feel insignificant on this forum, simply because I am an insignificant other.

Some here boast that they are significant others and indeed possess significant others, and so I presume they feel significant. But I feel insignificant because I am in actuality an insignificant other. In fact I am the insignificant other of Aquarelle.

And I suspect I am the insignificant other of others here who are too shy to say so. So if you want me to be your insignificant other, now is the time to speak up.

Of course you may want to be my insignificant other, but you may feel too insignificant to ask, but if you do become my insignificant other, there is no danger you will feel significant, in fact we are sure to feel insignificant together. For the world's made rosy, warm and cosy, by togetherness.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm pretty sure this forum is an important outlet for aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.