User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ----

a long thread or a thread with lots of hits is not necessarily any more worthwhile/valuable to the forum than a short one. i wouldn't judge your value on the forum by such arbitrary measures. do the best bands sell the most records? from memory - the most viewed thread here is the picture one! humans like to look at each other. the forum is a microcosm.

perhaps the most popular people on the site have little going on in their physical lives and are able to invest all their time here? or perhaps they're just charming. some people are simply more charming than others.

some people use the forum as a sounding board, some as an escape from drudgery, some people lurk and learn, and some people seek intimacy. if you're interested in making human connections here: leave rep, write on walls, show your spirit not just your mind and allow relationships to develop organically. be open. no one owes you anything here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    SI, I understand the feeling. I usually have bouts of this in almost all aspects of my life. The way I figure it, I'm here to express myself, to say something to someone outside of my head for once. Sometimes I get no response, sometimes I do. Maybe someone got something out of it, maybe someone thinks I'm an idiot. Either way, I've expressed myself, mission accomplished.

I've also considered the flip side. I see someone post something that resonated with me, and I think: I should say something. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't have the energy to even hit the rep icon. I assume that's just how everybody works.
    YES, that's me as well.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

I haven't really noticed any dominant cliques on TypeC. Most members are pretty friendly.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I haven't really noticed any dominant cliques on TypeC. Most members are pretty friendly.
    yup we are
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Yeah, on some forums it's really evident that there are certain members that tend to always post in the same threads and always reply to each other... I don't notice that as much around this forum.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Count another one who has felt that way on this forum (though my presence is less pronounced than the OP's), which I generally really like as usually polite, quirkily fun and intelligent bastion among the wasteland known as the rest of the internet. Still, it can be hard feeling your attempts to contribute are ignored, lack any resonance and are essentially unneeded. You might as well be a lurker in that case. Tends to make my frequency of posts fluctuate pretty heavily.

Still, I generally post in topics where I want to post if I happen on one. Sometimes people definitely notice, usually I have no indication that they do. But that's how it goes.

Another reason I may get ignored: I don't read 8 full pages of responses and say something that is not especially original and has almost certainly been said ten times already.

So I guess "lazy" tends to win out in my lazy to original/significant ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yup we are <snip>
    Dominant clique or freaky friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Yeah, on some forums it's really evident that there are certain members that tend to always post in the same threads and always reply to each other... I don't notice that as much around this forum.
    Yes. If you question someone looking for a response, they usually respond whether within the thread or through other means like rep, VM or PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cliques suck.

Let's jump straight into gangs.

I'm starting the KirkeGuardians and I'm claiming the Philosophy and Religion forum as our turf. Anyone wants in needs to go through an initiation: send me a three page essay on Nozick's experience machine. Single spaced, people!

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Cliques suck.

Let's jump straight into gangs.

I'm starting the KirkeGuardians and I'm claiming the Philosophy and Religion forum as our turf. Anyone wants in needs to go through an initiation: send me a three page essay on Nozick's experience machine. Single spaced, people!
    Nice use of reverse psychology!

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I actually did the math and divided the number of views by the number of replies (about 80-90%) which are mine. Theres an average of 6 views per post, which is not many at all considering the large number of people on this forum.
    Mine averaged out at nine or ten when I did it. Blogs seem to get the same people reading and posting in them. Think of it like this, you have six people willing to spend their time reading your stuff. That is pretty cool.

Six people that'd be bummed out if you left.