User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

It's too bad you haven't been more recognized... you seem cool and your posts are usually excellent from what I remember.

I often sense that my posts are getting ignored on forums, but it's probably that most people's posts are getting ignored.

I do make a fair amount of noise on this forum, but my stuff doesn't go viral like most of the other similar stuff by other posters.

I had kind of a fifteen minutes of fame when another more popular member vouched for my awesomeness. But now I'm more of another average member now.

I think that's how members get recognition: they get a recognized member to talk about them a lot and/or post something that is significant and provocative

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I've noticed that some people here mention a lack of feedback. A strange feeling that people are not listening to what they say. I've felt the same thing, even though I know objectively it is not true.
    I've only heard introverts talk about it, different types of introverts. I just thought it was interesting. I wonder what causes it and why it seems to be introverts who mention it? You'd think introverts would have the least need for feedback.

To me personally, it reminds me of the time I went to an Eric Clapton concert and I was sure I was controlling the clapping. Nobody clapped if I didn't.

I heard they're going to make a new one.
    I must have felt like that at this time.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think everyone is prone to wondering if other people read their blog or even care about whether they are here or not. We all have those insecure bits inside where we wonder if people notice or like us, wonder about us or find us interesting. It's that same feeling that makes you sure that everyone else but you has something fun to do on a Friday night and cool people to do it with, when in reality, the majority of them are sitting at home wondering the same thing! When you go and look at other people's blogs, they often do end up posting back to back with no comments in between, or they have established a particular group of friends before they started whom they are pretty sure will check up on anything they write there. Many of the people with widely read blogs have been around for awhile too and they make posts in them often, so people end up being familiar with the title of their blog and the author. Often more people read than respond. That may have to do with how well they think they know you, their own comfort level, where they are at personally at that moment etc.
    Maybe I shouldn't be so obsessed with number of responses to my blog. There are several forum member blogs that I read regularly that I don't reply to or at least not very often. But just because I didn't reply doesn't mean I didn't find it interesting.

One thing I'm realizing is that if you want to be recognized, you will probably also have to deal with people's opinions of you being more polarized. If you are memorable, they will probably really like you or really dislike you. The price to pay for not making too many people upset is that you have more people that either don't know you or don't feel as strongly about you one way or the other. Depending on what you value most, this isn't all bad.
    This is good advice. I want to be more recognized but I only want the good kind of recognition, which is a stumbling block towards my success. No one is liked by everybody. There are some people who are well known but they have notorious reputations. Take JTG as an example. I don't want to end up like that. There are people that are polarizing in terms of others opinions of them but they definitely stand out. I suppose Marmie Dearest would be a good example. But there are also several people on this forum who get their fair share of recognition and appreciation and who seem to be liked by just about everybody. You, Fidelia, are a prime example of that. That's the kind of person on this forum I strive to be.

For what it's worth, I do remember and value a number of rep comments you have sent my way and I have enjoyed reading your blog. Give it some time and reach out to whomever seems interesting to you. I think we all suffer from varying degrees of the same thing as you're talking about and most people I know are thrilled to get a friends request or an unexpected rep comment, VM or PM.
    I'm glad you enjoy my rep comments and blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I'm not significant here and I'm cool with that. Hell, ThatGirl even told me so. Don't feel sad.
    You are significant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I feel ya, I've felt that way in the past. than i got banned and had people being like i missss you. alot of my posts get ignored, I very rarely have visitor messages, I'm never naked when i'm online so i don't exude sexual energy. my blog barely gets read. I'll be your friend, but I can't be all like hi omgzzz did you see his hair it was like omgzzzz like, totally. yah? ok, now i'm just procrastinating.
    I enjoy your posts and your blog. Send me a friend request and I'll gladly accept.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Just write about what you like, and don't worry about the rest of them. Eventually, they'll catch on to what you're doing, and then want to jump on board.
    I'm already using this strategy. Maybe I haven't waited long enough. I'm not very patient.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    or be really hot and post lots of pictures and flirt a lot, i've noticed that works aswell. but don't be creepy.
    Not happening. I'm far from what anyone would consider hot and flirting just isn't my style.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    WHO ARE YOU
    You don't exist. :steam:
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Well there's 3 things you can do to make urself be popular here:

1. Be good looking, whether male or female (matters a lil more for females)
    2. Be funny
    3. Be insightful/intelligent, but not in the wall-of-text way. Be concise. Maybe, SuchIrony, ur posts aren't condensed enough to get readers. People skip walls-o-txt.

Not everyone's ready to be or capable of any of these 3 things.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jylhbkhjfLc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jylhbkhjfLc[/YOUTUBE]
    [youtube="otCpCn0l4Wo"]Can't touch this[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well there's 3 things you can do to make urself be popular here:

1. Be good looking, whether male or female
    2. Be funny
    3. Be insightful/intelligent, but not in the wall-of-text way. Be concise. Maybe, SuchIrony, ur posts aren't condensed enough to get readers. People skip walls-o-txt.

Not everyone's ready to be or capable of any of these 3 things.
    Yeah, I think those are key. Especially the last two.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I can completely relate to your post. I've joined forums like this one in the past, only to leave due to those similar feelings. However, I've tried merely focusing on what I can learn, versus focusing on my insecurities. Something that took me a long time to learn.

However, I've always found you pretty insightful... you've never slipped under my radar.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    i've noticed you post many times and trust me you're not forgotten !
    Same here. I wish you'd post more. Got any new pomes to share?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I guess my niche would be horny and argumentative. Probably better than my niche on another forum...horny and hated.

Haterz gon hate!:workout:
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We feel significant when we are in a reciprocal relationship. So if we show someone we are listening to them, they may start listening to us.
    What? You only noticed I had your place bugged just now? Dude, i've been listening in for a looooong time.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont really get that, I sort of get the opposite, especially in real life but I think its a consequence of strong E and TJ. Fidelia really hit the nail on the head in her post (she's quite a lot of the time now and again you get those big posts, you could collect them in a book) you could be more popular or feel more significant but it always comes at the risk of being positively loathed by people or perhaps just disliked.

I've experienced that and I've also experienced people who will reach those conclusions with little information, "This guy is a ------------ therefore --------", its more risky in real life or person than online but things can escalate just as quickly but you dont often run the risk of people coming to blows. From time to time I've felt isolated because of my opinions but I'd feel a lot, lot worse if I dispensed with those simply to feel more popular.