User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Just write about what you like, and don't worry about the rest of them. Eventually, they'll catch on to what you're doing, and then want to jump on board.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Just write about what you like, and don't worry about the rest of them. Eventually, they'll catch on to what you're doing, and then want to jump on board.
    or be really hot and post lots of pictures and flirt a lot, i've noticed that works aswell. but don't be creepy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well you kind of have to take some responsibility for your anonymous-ness, right (not that you are, I'm just taking your word for it)? If being noticed and being a part of the social milieux here is something you desire, then why don't you try and get that for yourself?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Feeling insignificant has been an issue I've struggled with throughout my life. In work, in school, in every group I've ever been a member of. It also extends to online forums. For some reason I really feel it on this forum, like if I just left and never came back, hardly anyone would notice. That's a very sobering thought but I have little evidence to believe so otherwise.

Maybe I just haven't found my niche yet. Some forum members seemed to have established their niches and they are known as the "go-to" person in that niche. Some members are known for their insightful relationship advice, some are just sexy and fun, and others can explain the ins and outs of Jungian Cognitive functions like no other. Some just have a natural charisma and others have an edginess to them that makes them stand out. I'm just another low-key INTP.

Compared to other members of similar post count and forum stay, I don't have all that many visitor messages compared to many of you. My blog gets very limited readership, it makes me wonder if its worth the bother of keeping. Other members seem to get more replies to their blog posts. My name isn't referenced very much in threads other than the ones I start. Other people are always getting mentions and thanks.

Other people post photos and people regularly comment on how beautiful or gorgeous they are. No one ever says anything when I post a photo. I'm not near the caliber of attractiveness that many of you are but just once it would be nice to receive a compliment regarding my appearance. I can't help but feel inadequate that there are so many beautiful people on here and there is no way I can ever measure up.

It isn't just this forum where I feel this, but every single forum I've ever participated on. However, I feel it more strongly on here for some reason.

Have other people ever felt the same way on this forum? [/INDENT]
    WHO ARE YOU

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Feeling insignificant has been an issue I've struggled with throughout my life. In work, in school, in every group I've ever been a member of. It also extends to online forums. For some reason I really feel it on this forum, like if I just left and never came back, hardly anyone would notice. That's a very sobering thought but I have little evidence to believe so otherwise.
    I think everyone who has some reality of perspective feels like this sometimes. After all, much of what we individually do in the bigger picture seems quite insignificant. Then again, very small things we do can make a positive difference in other people's lives, which is significant. So we have this power to make a difference. In addition, there is a lot of power in being part of something important. While you are only a contributor and one person can only do so much, the actions of many can accomplish a great deal. Maybe the significance we feel in life has something to do meaning. When we're involved in things that really matter to us, those feelings tend to go away.

It's a very good question you are asking - this thing about significance - come to think of it. Quite profound.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    or be really hot and post lots of pictures and flirt a lot, i've noticed that works aswell. but don't be creepy.
    Everybody's got a thing, but some don't know how to handle it.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Everybody's got a thing, but some don't know how to handle it.
    what do you mean?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I feel insignificant too, but I don't feel bad about it. I play a role here like in other spheres of social interaction. My role here is small and, mostly, inane. I play other roles in other places. I am like a man-boy growing up with wolves, come to my window I'll be home soon.

I'm probably going to regret posting this thread...
    You are reaching out to touch me everytime you post. And I respond to every touch. And if you listen to my response, you will know how I like to be touched.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I can completely relate to your post. I've joined forums like this one in the past, only to leave due to those similar feelings. However, I've tried merely focusing on what I can learn, versus focusing on my insecurities. Something that took me a long time to learn.

However, I've always found you pretty insightful... you've never slipped under my radar.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green