First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Lol..I knew some T would point that out

Perhaps in comparison it is a small forum, but it's stilll a big place where you as a person can feel easily isolated and lost
    true. but i think its a matter how you interact on these forums with others yourself. if you are new or just spend all the time only lurking around, how could you not feel insignificant? imo its pretty much the same as in any other communities, like school or something. if you just look at what others do from a distance, hide from others and dont try to interact with them, how would you ever get to be a part of the group?

naturally if someone is new to this sort of forum interactions, it could be hard for them to figure it out and if they dont understand to interact with other people to gain acknowledgment from others, they will stay invisible and might feel bad about it.

of course some people might feel more easily insignificant and might feel that, even tho other people know him/her and talk to him/her, but still get the feeling that there should be more for me not being insignificant.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The reason people feel isolated on this forum whereas not feel that at all on larger forums is due to their nature. This is a more personal and relationship-driven forum. A car forum could be 10x bigger, but hardly anyone feels disconnected because it's all about cars rather than interpersonal relationships.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

If you want presence, you have to post in a wide variety of threads, post on the walls of at least 200 members and regularly PM your closest 20 forum friends.

For everyone else, there are friends in real life.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    If you want presence, you have to post in a wide variety of threads, post on the walls of at least 200 members and regularly PM your closest 20 forum friends.

For everyone else, there are friends in real life.
    I'd say I have a presence on this forum and I do none of the above. In fact, I suck at networing. Granted, I'm a big tease and I am a regular on vent so maybe that offsets it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

OP
    I understand what you say. This forum is a bit weird. At first I visited it as a way of learning about MBTI, but after a couple of days, it became a social place to me. But then I left, and now that I am back, I notice that the social part is gone. And then it becomes a lonely place. I don't really know whether it has to do with who you are...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I suck at networing.
    typo intentional? either way,
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Damn, my k is refusing to work properly
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    The reason people feel isolated on this forum whereas not feel that at all on larger forums is due to their nature. This is a more personal and relationship-driven forum. A car forum could be 10x bigger, but hardly anyone feels disconnected because it's all about cars rather than interpersonal relationships.
    Yes, that's very true. Even on other personality type forums I don't feel quite the sense of isolation or being overlooked even though in reality I'm far more isolated and overlooked over there. I also have about 1100 posts over on Personality Cafe which has about 3 to 4 times the post volume that this forum has. There are alot more subforums over there- one for each type. As a result, it's far more common over there for people to post in a few selected subforums and not venture out beyond that. Also the forum seems less relationship driven, although I'm sure there are cliques over there as well. It just doesn't seem as obvious as to me. Anyway, since its more diffuse over there and not trying to be as close knit, it doesn't bother me nearly as much that most people overlook my presence over there. On personality cafe, an announcement is made when people reach the 1000 post mark. Its not uncommon for me to see that someone has reached 1000 posts and I still barely know who they are. Although I was still a little bothered when I reached the 1000 post mark and just a small handful acknowledged it while other people hit 1000 and got far more acknowledgement. Such is life I guess.

There are other forums where I can be expected to be overlooked because I have a sporadic presence. I'll post a few things and then not revisit it for several weeks. So if someone doesn't remember me, I'm not going to be bothered too much by it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Another thought...I hear the term "cliques" mentioned in conjunction with this site, and though I see where someone might get the idea there are some, most of it is just people gravitating towards each other. I don't really see people being purposely excluded from a clique or anything. I'm friends with a few "popular" folks on here, but it's because I genuinely like and feel a connection with them, and not because I was hoping to become part of their circle, if there was one. If you want to know someone specifically, respond to their posts, post in their blog, leave them a visitor message or something. A lot of folks are friendly, but they won't necessarily have the time to individually acknowledge and validate everyone, unless they've been directly addressed.

There are a lot of people whose posts I read and appreciate, but have had almost no interaction with, as well. There are folks whose perspective I respect, but I might not feel a kinship with enough to initiate interaction with outside of a thread. Then there are folks that I don't necessarily feel a connection with at first, but the right thread makes me appreciate them in a whole new way, and we become friends. I really can't stress enough that it takes time and patience. Just let things take their course. There are lots of friendships that I've developed here that I couldn't have forced or predicted.

I do think Vent is your fast-track, though. People seem to get to know each other pretty quickly there.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I always had the impression that the Ventrilo server is a place where the "famous" (to stay with the term) guys hang around all the time, so I never tried to make a step into there because I didn't know if just everyone is really welcome there ^^ Probably I am being silly there, but just trying to show some perspectives how it feels from the outside.