User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It's easy to use and on my hair which is down to my shoulderblades, it takes about 20 minutes to do (and I'm someone who has never had much success with working curling irons before. I like it that there are four different heat settings and it heats up almost instantly.

This is the official video about it with four different looks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twh-dg80hiI, but I'll post my own in a bit too.

Now I'm really curious about the mechanics of making it work. My hair takes around an hour to curl. It's very thick, grows like a weed and when straight usually resides somewhere slightly above my waist down to where I'm almost sitting on it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hey TG, I bought the Curl Boost scrunching spray gel from Redken. I like it! Thanks for the recommendation!

I do like the look of triple barrelled wavers. Do you have any particular recommended ones or places that are cheapest to buy? Also, is there are particular technique to using them? I wish you lived closer to be my hair guru!

The iron I just got was the R Session Tools Nalu Waver and it was $149, which was the best I found on the internet for it (mostly it was listed for $179). They threw in a heat glove and pad to lay it down on that also doubles as a carrying case for free.

ThatGirl

I am not too familiar with 3 barrel heating irons. Ive always gotten a similar result from another product, but it is in the technique.

I can tell you this, you want to look for something that is ceramic, ionic, and has it's own temp setting. If it is metal, heated to only one temp, or not ionic it will damage your hair in the long run. New hair doesn't grow, hair that already is needs to preserved.

Apparently the science behind ionic technology is that it breaks down water bonds into molecules which are small enough to penetrate the cortex. I am not sure how accurate this is.

I just know that ceramic and heat controlled cause less damage with continued use as metallic and unregulated.

Best bet, become friends with someone in the industry. Retailers mark the price twice as high.