Thread: Passport help!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Question Passport help!

Does anyone know the quickest way to replace a UK passport (owner resides in the US) that's been lost? Will likely need it in a months time.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

did you call a consulate or embassy?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'll call on Monday and try and get through to someone. It's a 1-900 number that you have to pay for by credit card. The passport was originally damaged and only needed renewing but now it's gone missing! I've spent all of yesterday and part of today looking but have to give it up until tomorrow as I plan on chillin' tonight not to mention it's driving me fucking mad.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

good luck! My parents just got thier passports recently and my mom decided to read the whole pamphlet on what to do if you lose your passport (an ISFJ with a strong sense of paranoia about the worst case scenario ) she decided to talk about it over the dinner table and apparently the only way to get things done is through the embassy or a consulate They can expedite things for you a lot of times and get you your passport or your visa a lot quicker than they claim though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    good luck! My parents just got thier passports recently and my mom decided to read the whole pamphlet on what to do if you lose your passport (an ISFJ with a strong sense of paranoia about the worst case scenario ) she decided to talk about it over the dinner table and apparently the only way to get things done is through the embassy or a consulate They can expedite things for you a lot of times and get you your passport or your visa a lot quicker than they claim though
    Thanks! From our end as US citizens it's a lot quicker. The UK is much stricter which I can understand, but we still need it fast! Making an exception for us is ok just this one time right?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

If a person in the Uk, and it was lost in the Uk, all they would have to do would be to fill out a lost/stolen report form (LS01), as I know from past experience. But it would be more complicated for your husband.

I tried to look on the Home Office web site, but it just said report it to one of the Uk Diplomatic Offices in the United States. As far as I know this needs to filled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Office Identity And Passport Service.

What should I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

You must report the loss or theft of your British passport as soon as possible to the local police and to the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Consulate, Embassy or High Commission of the country you are in. You can get details of your local FCO post by calling +44 20 7008 1500 (0870 606 0290 within the UK) or by visiting the FCO website.

When you make the report to the FCO post, you will also need to fill in and sign a lost or stolen declaration form LS01. The form is also available through the posts overseas. All cases of theft must also be reported to the local police, as the crime reference details must be inserted in the relevant section of the LS01 form.

The FCO post will record the loss or theft of your passport and forward the information to the Identity and Passport Service. We will then cancel your passport to reduce the risk or someone else using your identity. The FCO will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back to the UK.

In addition, we recommend that you apply for a replacement passport as soon as possible because in many countries it is a legal requirement to carry identity with you at all times. You can apply to us for a replacement passport as long as you are a British national and also:

* a UK resident and
    * in the UK at the time you are applying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.