User Tag List

First 456

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married) (one line)

21/f/Ottawa/single

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)

I'd still do the exact same thing I'm planning to: go on to a Master's in biology....maybe pHD. After that, before working, I would travel for a few months. My first place would be the rainforest - I want to go exploring and ziplining and study the flora and fauna.

From then until I got bored (probably around 60) I'd still work as a researcher as per my current plan, though probably part-time if I had the money, and I'd take a month off every year to travel somewhere new. I'd go in this order:

-snorkelling in the reefs in Australia
    -china (the wall, temples, general tourist stuff)
    -mexico - the whole aztec thing
    -europe - I want to see the Louvre. Beyond that I'm indifferent.
    -africa - to go on a safari trip
    -the rainforest again
    -hawaii - to see the volcanoes
    -japan - just 'cuz....and for the food
    -yeah, I'll stop there....but there's so many others....

3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life? (one line)

None really.....if I had to choose, ender's game is the only one that comes to mind, though I suppose I could say (On) The Origin of Species, if you can count a book that I've never directly read but has still had a huge impact on my life.

4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?(2 sentences max)

No, but I am open to the possibility. There is no way to know for sure.

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)

Easy, it would be on the diversity and evolution of life in the rainforest, because it would be so much fun to do. I'm not good with titles.

Enneagram
    1w2

26/F/DC/single

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)
    I'd definitely get my master's in Education in the first two years. I'd spend the other three attending various fashion weeks across the globe. At 45, I'd like to use my vast knowledge of fashion and beauty to help women reconcile real vs. imagined/imposed standards on themselves and how to develop healthy self-esteem. I think women have poor self-images trying to live up to ideals that they'll never reach nor should they even have to aim for. This would involve a lot of makeovers and a spa somehow. My first student would be myself.

The Bible, Three Negro Classics (3 for 1!), various sociology and psychology textbooks.

Yes. Personal experiences made him real to me.

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)
    While I'm attending fashion weeks, I'd be filming about how standards of beauty are created, maintained, change from culture to culture, and destroyed. I have to justify sitting in the front row of runways somehow. Hopefully, I'd be getting some nice schwag bags for my high-minded efforts.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISXJ

23/F/USA/Single

I'd finish my Masters program (1 yr.) and then travel all over the world and use my ESOL/EFL education degree and teach English for a bit in other countries while I learn about local customs and culture. Places I'd like to live or at least have extended visits in: Czech Republic, New Zealand, Japan, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Uruguay, Ireland, Peru, China...and anywhere else I might decide to try. I'd also like to learn the art and process of glass blowing. As for when I am 45...it's hard to say. Hopefully I'll be married, would definitely still like to travel, and maybe have a family/children.

The Bible, The Chronicles of Narnia series (yeah, I know there's 7 books...get over it), and Miss Congeniality.

Yes. History, my personal experiences, my intuition/gut, the world/people/nature compel me to believe...and Psalm 19:1.

Hmmm...since I just got back from a cruise, I have since become fascinated with all the inner-workings of cruise ships. I want to see all the mechanical processes, the food prep, waste, the laundry, the energy generators, emergency processes, health codes...all the behind the scenes stuff...I might even make mine an ethnography.