User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Is also an Asian woman.

Has an urge to rattle cages.

Feels tempted to make a joke about Asians devouring man's best friend.

=============================

1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married)
    19/Female/Silicon Valley,California/Single

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario?

Continue on with my education through grad school. Travel around the world. Overcome procrastination once and for all ( ). Stay healthy. Keep an open mind, learn and challenge myself whenever possible.

Age 45: Hopefully, I'd be well into the career I desire. I might think about adopting a child - by then, I would probably have explore enough of life to want to become a parent.

3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life?

• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen F. Covey
    • To Kill A MockingBird by Harper Lee
    • The Now Habit by Neil Fiore

4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?

Atheist. Two reasons: Not enough evidence and there's no need for one in my life.

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise.

Men Are From Earth, Women Are From Earth, Get Over It: A Comprehensive Guide on Separating Gender Facts from Myths.
    With a name like Lethe, do you forget things like all the time?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    With a name like Lethe, do you forget things like all the time?
    You'd better hope she just didn't misspell the word "Lethal."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married) (one line)
    2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)
    3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life? (one line)
    4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?(2 sentences max)
    5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)
    1. 32/M/TN(USA)/married

2. If money wasn't a problem I'd spend the next few years researching a lot of the ideas I have about forming a business and do a little dabbling to see which ones would give the greatest impact for the time invested. By 45 I'd be head of a company that I'd formed and be looking to hand it off to someone, so I could start a new one.

3. The two biggest ones are The Bible and Confession by Tolstoy.

4. I believe in God, because the evidence for me is overwhelming including the impact that God has had upon my life.

5. It's hard to choose, but if I had to narrow it down it would be either on the environment or the American prison system.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    1) 34/M/USA (NW)/Single with desire not to be

2) Go back to school - probably Psychology or Philosophy.
    At 45, either the same thing, or travel (specifically to explore archaeological ruins of past civilizations)

3) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Was that really me? by Naomi L. Quenk, and Personality: an owners manual by Lenore Thomson

4) I am not convinced of the existence or lack of existence of higher powers.

5) Something to do with the psychological aspects of romance, love, infatuation and the general topic of emotional needs as it relates to all of those things - Title: Understanding Emotional Needs.
    We sound very similar to one another. Psych, ancient civilizations, romance, Eternal Sunshine, philosophy... Ever read any Buddhist texts?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

33/M/VA/Married

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)

Travel. At 45 - mostly finished traveling, now book reading time. There are many things I want to see with my own eyes. Places I want to soak up into my pores. I'd be reading the entire time, of course.

I literally can't narrow it to three, none have that massive impact but many do on a smaller scale.

Yes? No?

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)

The Act of Creation. Where it comes from and why we do it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    The Act of Creation. Where it comes from and why we do it.
    Cool. Dean Simonton at UC Davis Psychology has written a lot about creativity and genius. I think Czemali.. (the guy who wrote Flow) also wrote a book on creativity.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Cool. Dean Simonton at UC Davis Psychology has written a lot about creativity and genius. I think Czemali.. (the guy who wrote Flow) also wrote a book on creativity.
    I'll need some talking heads.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

We sound very similar to one another. Psych, ancient civilizations, romance, Eternal Sunshine, philosophy... Ever read any Buddhist texts?
    Nope, but I probably will eventually if/when the mood hits me. At the moment I've got unread books on Kierkegaard, Kant and Nietzsche as well as more normal MBTI related books I'm reading (I'm a slow reader, and I'm usually reading two or three books at once so it can take me a several months to finish reading a non-fiction book if it has a lot to absorb).

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

this questionnaire is neither short nor quirky.

LIAR!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ISTP

16, male, Somerset County, NJ, Single.

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life?
    I would probably go re-open a ski area. (Go google NELSAP). It would let me ski, allow me to spend time outdoors, and building things. Also, doing so would provide visible, physical accomplishments for me, and would probably allow me to be in charge, without having to be responsible for lots of people (I'd hire someone to be in charge of the general staff).

Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario?
    I would hopefully have a successful, thriving (and possibly larger) ski area, generating a good income for myself, and improvements in the area.

Mine are odd, but the history of McDonalds (or something like that, can't remember the title), the Bourne movies, and probably Calvin and Hobbes (it's a comic strip).

No, makes no sense to me.

"Extreme ______" probably something like skiing, cars/trucks, or machinery, because it would be interesting to me, and people would actually like to watch it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%