User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    5) My documentary would be on female nerds. I'm so tired of the glorification of male nerds in movies and tv. . . I want to hear more from the ladies.
    What about IQ the movie? and Proof the movie?

The main characters in those are female nerds.

Also on the TV show Bones.

I suppose these are more rare than the Sci-Fi male-nerd (anti)heroes, however.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married) (one line)
    36/M/Midwest/Single

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)
    For the next 5 years I'd live like a pauper, using my whopping financial power to accumulate enough to enjoy the following *next* 50 years in any manner I saw fit. That would certainly include a lot of travel, reading, writing, and taking classes on whatever subjects I felt like at the time. At 45, I'd probably be doing the same types of things, perhaps settling down a bit or going into public service.

3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life? (one line)
    Star Wars, Please Understand Me, ... can't really think of a third that qualifies.

4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?(2 sentences max)
    No, I don't see any evidence that God(s) exist(s), and prefer a more scientific approach to life in general. I believe that appreciation of curiosity, wonder, love, beauty, etc. are simply part of being human and can enrich us.

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)
    Politics, Truth, and the Status Quo in America: An investigation of what it takes to get elected to high public office in America, how policy decisions really get made, and who benefits most directly and indirectly. (I don't pretend to know all of this myself, but I would like to.)

MBTI
    infp

1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married) (one line) 16/Male/Ontario/Single
    2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max) Money isn't a problem for the enxt five years of my life because I'll still have the financial support of my parents to some degree, but I'll answer anyway.

I suppose I'd like to do a veriety of things to gain experience and enlightenment to help me write novels, songs, ect. This would involve education (not neccessarily formal), travel, experience, love, no-strings-attatched sex, ect.

At 45 I'd like to have a family and otherwise be doing the same thing (except the no-strings-attatched sex would have strings). I can imagine myself maybe being a cool ENTP style professor, too.
    3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life? (one line) Chronicles by Bob Dylan, Don Quixote by Cervantes, Art of War by Sun Tzu, and... a friend and teacher of mine (ENTP) who, although not a book or movie, has had a large impact on me. KRS-One (INFX?), too. Not a book or movie, but he's inspirational. These things don't have huge influence on me, they just give me ideas to think about.
    4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?(2 sentences max) I'm agnostic. I think there could be a god, or several, but I am not in a position to decide that there is or isn't.
    5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise. (2 sentences, include title)
    Great question...

I'm not really sure, but I think it would probably have to be something that would inspire people.
    Good questions!

MBTI
    INTj

1) 24/F/Baltimore/Getting married in two weeks
    2) If money wasn't a problem I would travel around the world with my husband. . . or sit at home and play online poker. At age 45, I would probably have multiple degrees and be a cool professor of some sort.
    3) I like books and movies, but they certainly don't impact my life.
    4) No. I'm going to need to see some evidence.
    5) My documentary would be on female nerds. I'm so tired of the glorification of male nerds in movies and tv. . . I want to hear more from the ladies.
    The same, but. . .

1) Not 24, and not female.
    3) They did impact my life (they did for her as well, she just doesn't want to admit it).
    5) I'd make sure that documentary had sex scenes and a lot of bikini's.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

17/Female/United States/Taken

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario? (paint a picture for me) (6 sentences max)
    The next five years would be spent in college and graduate school, and at age 45 I'd like to be a tenured professor or mathematics at a top-notch university.

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Stranger by Albert Camus.

I do not. I never have, and it makes no logical sense to start.

I would make a documentary about theoretical mathematicians and their lives. I wouldn't pick the title until I had all my footage.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INFP

1. 22/Male/Salt Lake City, Utah/gf
    2. Pay off my gf's loans and travel the world with her to sample its treasures. I'd also help fund my intp roommate's bankroll in poker. On my porch in a rocking chair looking up at the glossy night sky contently dreaming of the sublime.
    3. Leaves of Grass, Frankenstein, Brave New World
    4. No. Evidence needed and not particularly interested.
    5. Allergies and Culture: Do allergies function as an instinctual longing to return home?

1) 24/F/Baltimore/Getting married in two weeks
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    5) I'd make sure that documentary had sex scenes and a lot of bikini's.
    Atta' boy, Haight.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ISTx

1. 21/M/NC/Single
    2. Considering I'm bound by a contract to the military to stay put where I am for the next 2 years, I don't have a lot of options. If the military wasn't an issue, I'd be back in the bay area, CA or Seattle, WA making friends, playing music, learning hockey, going to shows, camping, taking some college classes, being stupid etc. Would also like to get over to Europe and explore. At 45, I'd like to be settled into a career (preferably in law enforcement), have a couple kids and happily married to a beautiful and awesome lady.
    3. Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars (haha)
    4. A thinking force more powerful than humans, possibly. The compassionate/loving god depicted in the Bible, no.
    5. "Skulkers of the deep" (what is/possibly is lurking below the deep blue sea )
    Last edited by swordpath; 03-01-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

1) 34/M/USA (NW)/Single with desire not to be

2) Go back to school - probably Psychology or Philosophy.
    At 45, either the same thing, or travel (specifically to explore archaeological ruins of past civilizations)

3) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Was that really me? by Naomi L. Quenk, and Personality: an owners manual by Lenore Thomson

4) I am not convinced of the existence or lack of existence of higher powers.

5) Something to do with the psychological aspects of romance, love, infatuation and the general topic of emotional needs as it relates to all of those things - Title: Understanding Emotional Needs.

MBTI
    GONE

earlier various bad jokes about Asians and eating dogs

Please refrain in the future from making unnecessary ignorant comments. Save it for people you know will find it funny (e.g. your RL friends) I now officially have ZERO PATIENCE for unwittingly walking into inoccent looking threads and having to read bullshit like that.

Alrighty, back on track.
    ------------------------------------

Late 20s/High femme bio-female/Unattached

S1) First off, I would go to Europe and study-travel and revel in being a snobby European trained polygot.

S2)I would be a full-time epicure and get private topclass training in self-defense, rock climbing, equestrian riding, dance...and weaving aka 'textile arts'

S3)I would be a full time performer (at least for a little while), go to LA and be a make-up artist/stylist and then go to NYC and get a degree in fashion design and start my own line of clothing.

S4)Then I'd write, direct, and produce my own films -- hell I'll start my own studio.

S5)Somewhere in the middle of all this I'd live a life of such excess, debauchery, and unbridled hedonism that I become physically disgusted with myself, go to a celebrity rehab spa, and find religion.

S6)By age 45 I would be living a richly creative and rewarding life surrounded by a wide circle of loving friends, family, and pets and working on a memoir.

Some Disney read along collection? That's how I learned to read. My momma really wanted me to master English and I did.

Yes.

Veganism through a cross-cultural and medical perspective. It's a controversial issue as more people of color become visible in the old school 'green movement' and hippiedom gets mainstreamed.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Please refrain in the future from making unnecessary ignorant comments. Save it for people you know will find it funny (e.g. your RL friends) I now officially have ZERO PATIENCE for unwittingly walking into inoccent looking threads and having to read bullshit like that.
    Is also an Asian woman.

Has an urge to rattle cages.

Feels tempted to make a joke about Asians devouring man's best friend.

=============================

1. Age/Sex/Location/Status (single, married)
    19/Female/Silicon Valley,California/Single

2. If money wasn't a problem, what would you do with the next 5 years of your life? Where would you be at age 45 in this same scenario?

Continue on with my education through grad school. Travel around the world. Overcome procrastination once and for all ( ). Stay healthy. Keep an open mind, learn and challenge myself whenever possible.

Age 45: Hopefully, I'd be well into the career I desire. I might think about adopting a child - by then, I would probably have explore enough of life to want to become a parent.

3. What 3 books and/or movies had the most impact on your life?

• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen F. Covey
    • To Kill A MockingBird by Harper Lee
    • The Now Habit by Neil Fiore

4. Do you believe in God? Why/why not?

Atheist. Two reasons: Not enough evidence and there's no need for one in my life.

5. Pretend you had to film a documentary. What would it be on? Doesn't have to be an area of your current expertise.

Men Are From Earth, Women Are From Earth, Get Over It: A Comprehensive Guide on Separating Gender Facts from Myths.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.