First 34567 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

All three were of personal importance, I think that's the point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I also think it's interesting that in this case you might be using more Fe than Ne for some strange reason...I think Ne types (though especially Ne doms) are more likely to enjoy arguing, poke people for fun, or do things on impulse that they think better of...later.

As an INTP I'm not saying you should totally relate, but I would imagine that you would partially do so. No? No.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    All three were of personal importance, I think that's the point.
    I'm comparing this with experience of my own on the forum as well as situations of others I have observed that had some personal weight to them.

I'll chew on this while I take a shower.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Some people have too much pride, I guess. They feel like if they ignore the person, they're letting them "get away" with something, and thus don't care how much trouble they cause by going after the person. It can also be caused a person being too passionate, and thus responding to the situation based on their pain and anger, demanding to be compensated somehow, rather than consideration for how the other person will respond in turn.

Those are the only explanations I can come up with, anyway.

By the way, MP, I'd like to congratulate you on the development of your inferior function. You're doing so well with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

PRIDE! PASSION! IT'S ALL SO EXCITING!

Yeah you have to keep in mind that every person's motives are different. Some people just have excessive pride about being right, that's all there is to it.

Others get carried away with their feelings - hurt feelings, angry feelings, sexual feelings, whatever.

And I don't think it's as easy as saying with T's it's always the former and F's it's always the latter.

Oh, and in regards to Professor Killjoy's "inferior" function, some of us believe he may be a Ti-heavy-using INFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah you have to keep in mind that every person's motives are different. Some people just have excessive pride about being right, that's all there is to it.
    I don't think my pride in always being right is excessive. It's just the right amount.
    Oh, and in regards to Professor Killjoy's "inferior" function, some of us believe he may be a Ti-heavy-using INFJ.
    Ah. That would make some sense. They are the preachy, holier-than-thou kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

LOL.

Others get carried away with their feelings - hurt feelings, angry feelings, sexual feelings, whatever.

And I don't think it's as easy as saying with T's it's always the former and F's it's always the latter.
    I know that individual people have their own motives, but it often tends to fall into one of those categories. And I don't think it's as simple as T/F... I just said those are the two most common motives, IMO. There are also people who aren't really upset, but pretend to be in order to troll and see how far they can push the other person. I don't think that's what we're dealing with here, though... at least I hope not.
    I know I wouldn't mind him being an INFJ... although I doubt he wants to be an NF. It can actually be difficult to tell INTPs and INFJs apart at first glance, at least online. Especially socially-aware INTPs with Fe, and analytical INFJs with Ti.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I also think it's interesting that in this case you might be using more Fe than Ne for some strange reason...I think Ne types (though especially Ne doms) are more likely to enjoy arguing, poke people for fun, or do things on impulse that they think better of...later.

As an INTP I'm not saying you should totally relate, but I would imagine that you would partially do so. No? No.
    Impulse to do things I think better of later? That's not me at all. Like my brother said, I know apprehension more than regret. But that's entirely attributable to being a Ti dom.

Playful attacks don't go over very well for me. I'm too insecure, and sooner or later I'll take them seriously, probably after I've left the person that's screwing around with me. And on my part, I resist being involved, and once someone draws me in - "oh come, what's the big deal?" - I tend to say something that other people think crosses the line and they get mad me. In turn, I get mad because I think it's bullshit that I was expected to work within invisible lines drawn by somebody else. That I was supposed to take all of the ribbing but the other person can't take what I say... So I generally try to avoid that.

The last several times I brought it up you seemed to be pretty insistent that I was an INTP.

Oddly, people only seem to question my type when they are displeased with me. :rolli:
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not displeased with you at all. I just think you use a buttload of Fe. And now I'm even more convinced since you said you know more apprehension than regret, and that you can't deal with playful sparring.

ThatGirl

Because ignoring people is a short term solution. The problem is bound to resurface sooner or later.