User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 63

  1. #11
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Their existence.

    The hardest part is knowing that they deserve to have their ass beaten to a pulp.

  2. #12
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No, he means "due to this same annoying habit"

    If you feel the need to correct someone at least be correct.


    Okay, maybe it was intentional, but "due" doesn't make sense to me in that context (and I've read it over several times), so I pointed it out to see if that word was really intended.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Their existence.

    The hardest part is knowing that they deserve to have their ass beaten to a pulp.
    I know, right?

  4. #14
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Stupid arguments slam down on people's "justice button" - like you MUST correct this person's stupidity immediately. Mostly because it will continue to antagonize your brain until you feel like you're head is going to explode if you don't.

    However, most of the time, it's like falling into a tar pit. The more you thrash around, the more unable you are to extricate yourself. Trying to correct people's behavior is a lot like this. You can't exact justice out of every situation, and almost certainly not out of strangers ( which are the people you usually end up in stupid arguments with). It's just you getting your body caught in between the cogs of the drama machine.
    7w6 so/sx

    " The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

  5. #15
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    As one of the people you are presumably addressing, I can tell you that I was banned 8 hours after I had privately settled the matter with admin and had already walked away from the petty trolling of another member. I have concluded that there is no rhyme or reason to banning patterns on this board (mods don't talk to each other and some of them are trigger happy) so frankly, I no longer give a fuck when it happens.
    *cough*
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #16
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Magic, do you get in back and forth arguments about nothing with people? I assume you don't because I haven't seen it. (I could be wrong) The same thing causing people to want to argue like that is the same thing that makes them not stop arguing.

    I've given up "expecting more" from people when I realize how many people like their conflict and see worth in it. People are going to be themselves, and if that includes feeling they have to argue with someone about nothing and get banned they are going to do it.

    No one is going to get cured of themselves.

    edit: Oh I see you say you have done these back and forth things. You should understand being stuck in it enough to not care about being banned then?
    I did to an extent. Never as bad as some of these members do. I never went into a crash and burn, and before it ever came to that, I learned. Whether it's in the small picture or the big picture, this still comes down to learning, does it not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No, he means "due to this same annoying habit"

    If you feel the need to correct someone at least be correct.
    Thanks for the assistance, but actually that person was right. It's no big deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    As one of the people you are presumably addressing, I can tell you that I was banned 8 hours after I had privately settled the matter with admin and had already walked away from the petty trolling of another member. I have concluded that there is no rhyme or reason to banning patterns on this board (mods don't talk to each other and some of them are trigger happy) so frankly, I no longer give a fuck when it happens.
    First of all, I knew you were going to make a point out of the delay on your ban and I even told Ivy you were going to do this.

    I think you're probably exaggerating the unpredictability of it, even it there is such an element. But also, ask yourself why it should be a punishable offense in the first place? It shouldn't all be about fearing the action of the moderators. It should be about considering why the behavior is pointless and aggravating enough in the first place to give the managers of virtually every forum the idea it make an offense. Perhaps, even, you should act more on the wisdom that appears to be in your signature. But that's probably a slightly different problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Their existence.

    The hardest part is knowing that they deserve to have their ass beaten to a pulp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I know, right?
    There's a classic piece of advice for this; Pick your battles.
    Is it worth it to not let it go?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #17
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    First of all, I knew you were going to make a point out of the delay on your ban and I even told Ivy you were going to do this.
    [edit] I never said anything until you brought it up. Your lecturing is getting so old. You never made mod, Magic, get over it.
    Last edited by proteanmix; 01-29-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: removed insult
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There's a classic piece of advice for this; Pick your battles.
    Is it worth it to not let it go?
    Does Professor Killjoy want a hug?

  9. #19
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    [edit] I never said anything until you brought it up. Your lecturing is getting so old. You never made mod, Magic, get over it.
    Being a moderator has nothing to do with this. If I knew you in person and you acted like this, I'd tell you the same thing. Welcome to me.

    So my so-called lecturing is getting old to you. Your belligerence is getting old to me. Not quite mutually exclusive, but this is still sort of a case were the victory of one side would imply the discontinuation of the other. Of course, I'm going to stick to my guns then.

    This could ironically draw me into the kind of battle I'm complaining about (though I'll probably never get down into the mud). That isn't really my intention though. The OP isn't rhetorical. There's a legitimate question in it. So far, fascinatingly, the people who've made the best effort to answer it are people rarely involved in such spats. Why is that, I wonder? I would think the people who do it would have the best understanding and therefore the best justification of their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Does Professor Killjoy want a hug?
    I think I do, but it's entirely unrelated to this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #20
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Hypocrite. Take your own fucking advice.

    EDIT.
    If I knew you in person and you acted like this, I'd tell you the same thing. Welcome to me.
    Pretty sure you wouldn't. Because I'm even less inclined to take shit from self-righteous busy-bodies IRL. And I reckon I could take you with one arm tied behind my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] What's so hard about being your type?
    By themightyfetus in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 09:57 PM
  2. What's so great about California?
    By Oom in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM
  3. What's So Awesome About Your Life Right Now?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 01:13 AM
  4. What's so bad about wanting a Union job?
    By miss fortune in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO