User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ----

i'm one of those annoying people that drinks soy milk (bonsoy = tasty), but i don't buy it in cartons that are larger than my head.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

This is going to sound really bizarre....but looking into other people's fridges freaks me out!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You don't even know the half of it. I used to work in a grocery store.

Snow would fall and people would hoard bread and milk like the end of the world was coming. The store would look like it had been attacked by starving people.

People would buy bag after bag of chips and cookies with candy and cakes and frozen pizza ...and diet soda.
    Oh I know. I work at one now, and when people hear the word snow, they flip shit.
    It's so awful and annoying.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't really use the fridge...and if I use it I'll forget something in there :Laugh:

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    This is going to sound really bizarre....but looking into other people's fridges freaks me out!!
    looking at these fridges reminds me of sharehousing. i remember in one student sharehouse i lived in i once bought some exxy steak to cook for a romantical dinner with my boyfriend. my flatmate ate it and then put the empty packet back in the fridge with a smiley face note and $5 taped to it. so we drank two bottles of his wine over dinner. sharehousing is a bit ugly.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

People would buy bag after bag of chips and cookies with candy and cakes and frozen pizza ...and diet soda.
    . When I'm in unhealthy mode- I resemble this somewhat. I'll buy poptarts, mac and cheese, cookies, etc.. and then at the very end it will be something like original oatmeal, or bananas.
    I do the opposite more frequently- fruits, hummus, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, etc.. then spaghettios or ramen.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    . When I'm in unhealthy mode- I resemble this somewhat. I'll buy poptarts, mac and cheese, cookies, etc.. and then at the very end it will be something like original oatmeal, or bananas.
    I do the opposite more frequently- fruits, hummus, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, etc.. then spaghettios or ramen.
    Working in a grocery store made me absolutely vigilant. It was actually there that I started becoming very strict about things like whole grains, et al. Even before then I was the sort of person who would have to leave the house to get snacks or dessert - I just wouldn't keep "junk" in my house, I'd at least have to go out to get it if I really wanted it.

I remember being horrified in high school by the way my ESxJ step-parent grocery shopped - so much Doritos and Oreos and big huge tubs of ice cream; I'm not saying I've never had poor eating habits at any point in my life, but I've never related to the concept of wanting to stock up on junk-y food, like on some level it bothers me, even when my diet realistically wasn't that great.

I've become more and more aware of my diet over the years, though. It takes conscious effort when you live in the United States, unless you were raised by extremely health conscious parents. I mean, I was in a waaaay...my grandfather, mother, uncle all take vitamins and eat bran cereal...but I feel that I had plenty of obvious bad influence still.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i'm one of those annoying people that drinks soy milk (bonsoy = tasty), but i don't buy it in cartons that are larger than my head.

i love drinking out of these juice boxes.
    like slurpp slurrrp suckkkkkkkk
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    Haha, my fridge looks like this, but with more booze, less food, and the food is mostly that microwaveable stuff. It could just be because I'm in college.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It takes conscious effort when you live in the United States, unless you were raised by extremely health conscious parents. I mean, I was in a waaaay...my grandfather, mother, uncle all take vitamins and eat bran cereal...but I feel that I had plenty of obvious bad influence still.
    I'll have to take up the cudgels for you Americans for a moment. Most Americans I have met were far more aware of their diet than the average European and ate much healthier.
    Even the French are getting more and more lax. And the rest of us? Don't get me started. And I don't exclude myself from this! The world famous mediterranean diet? Maybe some Italians still practice it, don't know. They are they only ones that have impressed me in real life. I remember a group of Italian backpackers in Bergen, Noway, preparing a fresh fish in the hostal kitchen with hardly any utensils, improvising their way to a great meal. That's food culture. But Spain? They are supposed to have the highest fish consumption after the Portuguese, but when I lived there, it was mostly frozen fish croquettes. They love that stuff. And loads of meat fried in liters of oil and tortillas covered in seas of mayonaise. Olé!

As a rule of thumb, the more you move to the West or the more "Americanized" a country is (i.e. focused on practicality, fast life style, no time for long family dinners at the kitchen table, embracing innovative functional food products, etc.), the more people will rely on convenience food and junk. So while Americans seem to be more and more aware of health food, alas, Europeans move in the opposite direction.

No need to envy us.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari