User Tag List

Default ESFPs, why would you delete your facebook, twitter etc. accounts?

Question goes to all types, especially ESFPs. Imagine the following scenario:

You're a female ESFP. Your place of upbringing is a small community partially disconnected from the outside world.
    Your primary means of communication are social networks, like facebook. You've registered on every site, and have a history of meeting people both virtually and later physically via the internet.
    You meet someone with whom you later fall in love (in a chatroom), but you can't be together since he lives in a big city. Your sociocultural backgrounds are very different. You communicate mostly via messenger, webcam etc.
    You spontaneously decide to move to the city because of the possibility of a future relationship. It works well for a while, but then you break up. At first, you're mesmerized by the sensory impulses of the big city life, but soon you become disillusioned and heart-broken.

In months, you're going to delete yourself from all virtual environments, including bulletin boards, social networks etc. without a trace. You had almost a thousand "friends" through these channels.

Why do you do that? Disappointment, lack of interest, stalkers, letargy, desire to disconnect yourself from the outside world...?

Additional details are provided if necessary.

MBTI
    SEXY

Heavy depression? Intention of suicide? Joined a cult?
    (removed)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

I once deleted my facebook account, not long ago. I had heard about how to delete it permanently and I followed the instructions to do it.

I did it because I was trying to stop myself from looking at someone's page and writing to that person. There was a guy who I loved, and he did not love me, he only liked me as a friend.

I was writing letters to him and he wouldn't write back. He sometimes told me he didn't get the letters, but other times he said he did get them and just wasn't answering them.

He had gotten a girlfriend and I was writing letters to her too.

I begged them to block my emails so that they wouldn't see them. I didn't want them to see the things that I would be saying, because I couldn't stop saying things I didn't want to say. They wouldn't block my emails, though, and the guy kept on just getting the emails and ignoring them.

So I didn't want them to just sit there watching me in my hell and my torture as I wrote things that I didn't want to say. I deleted my facebook account to try to force myself not to write to them anymore.

Since then I actually restarted a new facebook account but I don't use it much, and in fact, I am actually talking to this guy and girl again and it's not as bad as it was a while ago.

I was trying to protect myself and protect them from seeing the things that I would be saying to them after he broke my heart. It was an attempt to force them to stop receiving my emails without answering, while watching me in my agony and suffering as I said terrible things to them.

Deleting the account didn't work. I just made a new fake facebook page and continued looking at his page and getting upset about everything he wrote and every new friend he made. And like I said, I eventually gave up on that and decided to restart my own real page again and it isn't as terrible as it was.

I'm an ISFP so I might be going through something similar to your ESFP.

So you're saying you wanted to stop yourself from stalking...? Wow.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Aren't FPs wonderful?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Yeah, and the sad part is that it didn't work, either. But yes, that was why I did it. I don't know if that would explain anything that happened to your girlfriend/friend whatever she was.

figsfiggyfigs

Attention whoring.

Reverse Psychology.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Attention whoring.

Reverse Psychology.
    It could be because she's in pain.

Some people actually have feelings.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    That's called the superego. It's a good thing.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It could be because she's in pain.

Some people actually have feelings.

What a dramatic way to express it.