User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Personal Satisfaction Analysis - Value Judgement

I'm taking this "Personal Efficiency" course :P. Today I got this little simple assignment which I wish to share because I found it quite enjoyable.

Personal Satisfaction Analysis
    1. Split up your life into categories of your own choise - categories which you find important.

2. Rate each category according to your current level of satisfaction on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being severly unsatisfied and 10 being redicurlessly satisfied).

3. Rate each category according to the level of satisfaction you wish to reach on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being unsatisfied and 10 being redicurlessly satisfied).
    Be realistic, one of my life categories is *health* and while I wouldn't mind reaching a satisfaction level of 10, I'm not willing to exercise on a daily basis, stop smoking and completely leave out junkfood of my menu so a realistic level of satisfaction for me would be is 5.

My Categories
    Marriage
    Current satisfaction level: 8
    Desired satisfaction level: 10

Friends/family
    Current satisfaction level: 3
    Desired satisfaction level: 7

Health/eating healthy/exercise
    Current satisfaction level: 1
    Desired satisfaction level: 5

My work as a designer
    Current satisfaction level: 4

My work as a company leader

Hobbies (reading, useless knowledge seeking, spending time on the internet).
    Current satisfaction level: 1 (I rated it 1 because I spend too much time in this category and wish to spend less).
    Desired satisfaction level: 6

Playing backgammon
    Current satisfaction level: 2

What I got out of this
    I liked this little assignment because it forced me to place a value on my current level of satisfaction and it also forced me to evaluate how much energy and time I would be willing to invest in order to reach a desired level of satisfaction.

I perceive it as value judgement at its best. It makes a messy/airy dissatisfaction seem more objective. What matters, what don't and how much of each?

My life sucks! Great, lets break it down. Which areas of your life suck, how much does it suck and how much time and energy are you willing to invest in making it suck less?

I originally posted this at the INTPC but I thought it could be a fun practice here as well.
    Oh, and I can't figure out if I posted in the right section but I don't know where else to put it.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

This really took off on the other forum. I'm buh bumpin' it, because it has a lot to offer.

Love/Relationship
    Current satisfaction level: 2 (nonexistent, but possibilities)
    Desired satisfaction level: 8

Friends

Artistic Development
    Current satisfaction level: 6
    Desired satisfaction level: 9

Work

Education

Mental/Emotional Stability
    Current satisfaction level: 7

Knowledge/Learning
    Desired Satisfaction level: 9

What I got out of this: I've gotten my life on track as far as personal stuff goes, but I want to work on building friendships and maintaining some sort of social life. I want to read and draw more, and spend less time online.
    Christ, what an imagination I've got!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by luridlemur View Post
    This really took off on the other forum. I'm buh bumpin' it, because it has a lot to offer.
    Yeah, the big question there was if you desire a "10" in a category (usually the relationship category), does that make the desire to be satisfied in other categories near impossible? Is that putting too much pressure on the relationship to decide personal satisfaction?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah, the big question there was if you desire a "10" in a category (usually the relationship category), does that make the desire to be satisfied in other categories near impossible? Is that putting too much pressure on the relationship to decide personal satisfaction?
    I think it depends on what a person's "10" is. If my 10 in my job is to slack off and do everything half-assed and still get paid, well, then that's not very difficult to achieve that. If my goal is to consistently get promotions, raises, etc. then a 10 is pretty difficult to achieve.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I think it depends on what a person's "10" is. If my 10 in my job is to slack off and do everything half-assed and still get paid, well, then that's not very difficult to achieve that. If my goal is to consistently get promotions, raises, etc. then a 10 is pretty difficult to achieve.
    I think that requires a measure of self-honesty when it comes to the absolute measurement of a situation.

Otherwise I could put everything at 10, if all I require for satisfaction is waking up alive in the morning.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I'm taking this "Personal Efficiency" course :P. Today I got this little simple assignment which I wish to share because I found it quite enjoyable.

Personal Satisfaction Analysis
    1. Split up your life into categories of your own choise - categories which you find important.

2. Rate each category according to your current level of satisfaction on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being severly unsatisfied and 10 being redicurlessly satisfied).

3. Rate each category according to the level of satisfaction you wish to reach on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being unsatisfied and 10 being redicurlessly satisfied).
    Be realistic, one of my life categories is *health* and while I wouldn't mind reaching a satisfaction level of 10, I'm not willing to exercise on a daily basis, stop smoking and completely leave out junkfood of my menu so a realistic level of satisfaction for me would be is 5.

My Categories
    Marriage
    Current satisfaction level: 8

Friends/family

Current satisfaction level: 1

My work as a designer

My work as a company leader

Hobbies (reading, useless knowledge seeking, spending time on the internet).
    Current satisfaction level: 1 (I rated it 1 because I spend too much time in this category and wish to spend less).

Playing backgammon

What I got out of this
    I liked this little assignment because it forced me to place a value on my current level of satisfaction and it also forced me to evaluate how much energy and time I would be willing to invest in order to reach a desired level of satisfaction.

I perceive it as value judgement at its best. It makes a messy/airy dissatisfaction seem more objective. What matters, what don't and how much of each?

My life sucks! Great, lets break it down. Which areas of your life suck, how much does it suck and how much time and energy are you willing to invest in making it suck less?

I originally posted this at the INTPC but I thought it could be a fun practice here as well.
    Oh, and I can't figure out if I posted in the right section but I don't know where else to put it.
    Health
    CSL 6
    DSL 10

Relationship/marriage
    CSL 8
    DSL 9

Work... art
    CSL 6
    DSL 7

Family
    CSL 1
    DSL 6

Friends
    CSL 1
    DSL 6

Nurturing... pets
    CSL 10
    DSL 10

Spiritual growth
    CSL 7
    DSL 8

Leisure
    CSL 5
    DSL 5

Home environment
    CSL 8
    DSL 9

Entertainment
    CSL 5
    DSL 5

Financial/Security
    CSL 9
    DSL 10

MBTI
    INFP

Love/Relationship

Friends

Health/Eating Healthy/exercise

Writing

Education

Work

Mental/Emotional Stability

I feel a mutual reciprocal love in my current relationship. That extra bump up will happen if it happens. I'm quite happy with the friends I have though I wish we would go out a little bit more. I feel in somewhat in shape partly due to the fact that I've been skiing at least once a week. Whilst that may cover me for the winter, I do not particularly do strenuous activities. I wouldn't mind going back to the gym to increase my leg strength as well as my overall flexibility. I feel I have a natural inclination to write but I'm still trying to find my voice. It's very frustrating. I'm still pursuing an English degree but have felt rather disillusioned about University in general. I want to read & write more but I can't seem to muster the will to do so so I'm coasting right now to reflect upon my lack of will power (i.e. taking a semester off). I like my current job because I don't have a lot of responsibility and it pays pretty decent. I do not want to stay in the service industry forever though. In the past year, I've never felt consistently happy with myself and my life. If I could better manage my time/priorities, that would rule.
    Last edited by Noel; 03-07-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: made it easier on the eyes to read
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    The numbers you place on desired level of satisfaction is actually a hierachy of values. If a person got 10 in e.g. relationship it just means that it is a top priority.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.