User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh, regarding Randomnity's question about my automatically considering top left to be negative, y'know I honestly didn't think that at all... that's kinda weird, cos I wasn't thinking or meaning anything negative about it or about BW at all... you seem to have implied that yourself and attributed it to me!

Actually no there's plenty of examples of people who do 'top right' stuff in a positive way. Economica for example, Zergling, Grayscale... etc edit - I don't think BW does it in a negative way either, though sometimes a rather ineffective way, if his aim is to teach/spread his ideas.
    Ok now I'm confused, did you mean top left or top right? You seem to be talking about both now.

I interpreted you to thinking it was negative because you said "can anyone help me find a positive interpretation of why people might be in this particular quadrant"...implying to me that since you can't think of any positive interpretations yourself, your 'default' position is that it's negative, or at least not as positive as other squadrants. Please forgive me if I interpreted that all wrong or read more into it than you intended.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, sorry yeah, hahaha, I did get in a bit of a pickle there Randomnity, sorry!!

What I meant about the top LEFT was that I don't have any default position on it, but was trying to think of a position, whether mine or not, and what I initially thought of, as regards someone who uses social means to persuade and instruct, was actually someone I know, who achieves this by stamping her foot, publicly denouncing as evil those who disagree with her, making them feel guilty by crying and being upset and saying their disagreement hurts her. She's of the "mighty strops make rights" mentality and isn't very interested at all in hearing others' views or taking them on board.

Since then however I've thought about the social teaching methods and realized that it's fairly obvious actually, that many teachers use bonding with pupils, joking, anecdotes and stuff to communicate their ideas rather than dry textbook language and theoretical analogies.

However I somehow read 'right' where you actually said 'left'. Or that is, I might've read 'left' but it's all the same to me, being ambidextrous, knowing left from right has always been a bit of an issue for me ( you should've seen me during my driving test!! ) and I thought you might've figured I had something against academic style teachers/persuaders, so I responded to that.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

Definitely upper left quadrant

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Not that I have an issue with BlueWing or anything, (At least the few type descriptions he typed are very interesting) but I just looked at the graph again... his position resembles an intellectual's ivory tower! I wonder if that was intended -- probably not, but the vibe is there, lol!
    Not really.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

ohh, ok, now I understand

(at sub)

MBTI
    ENTP

Nadir, I'm beginning to see that it could be an intellectual in an ivory tower, but it could also be a Maverick - a straight shootin' whatchamacallit - pedagogue?

edit - The question is: what kind of person is in the bottom right, apart from a lurker or semi-lurker?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Well, it could be anything. I think nemo illustrated that quite well, really! Myself, I was just humoring the "BlueWing" tag...
    Not really.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Nadir, I'm beginning to see that it could be an intellectual in an ivory tower, but it could also be a Maverick - a straight shootin' whatchamacallit - pedagogue?
    Nope, I'm upper-left quadrant.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Nope, I'm upper-left quadrant.
    ROFL I really need to sort out this left/right issue of mine!!!

I really should've labelled them with compass points. Then I wouldn't have got so confused. That's how I've dealt with my left/right issues all my life - by avoiding them altogether and thinking in terms of compass points!

So Maverick, what makes you say that then? Just interested... I sorta see your straight shootin' style as more upper right - "just the facts, ma'am!" I don't see you winning points by force of personality or social means as much as clarity and precision of expression...

it'd be good if anyone who's self-defined would give their reasoning, cos then it gives me a chance to see what possible options of interpreting the thing there are...

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

edit - The question is: what kind of person is in the bottom right, apart from a lurker or semi-lurker?
    I like the ivory tower description for upper right quad... *nods*

bottom right? Uhhh a deeply insecure individual who has difficult forming their own opinion, who wants to be social but is too afraid of doing so? Lurker sounds like a better descriptor to me.