User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So could we change "teaching" to "disseminating opinions" and the bottom to "exploring opinions?" Is that what you are saying?
    Yeah essentially I guess that's what I meant, but I figured people would automatically assume the first one to be a negative thing, which was why I also used the word "teaching", as a more positive word, though really I guess it includes anything from self-glorification to floating malcontent to genuine teaching of varying quality.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, FineLine I'd say you're another positive example of a healthy top righter... say middle of the vertical, near the end of the horizontal?
    Sounds about right. I'm pretty unsocial here (end of the horizontal). But that's partly a function of limited time, partly a pedantic teaching style when I teach, and partly in observance of the age difference. (I can be pretty giddy and silly in my own crowd.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah hence the title 'forum behaviour' and not 'personality'

Course, for some it might be one and the same, I'm just not assuming it is for everyone.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The graph needs more axis... but when you start putting them in you wouldn't be able to visual it too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You make him sound like a virus! (hmmmm....)

Well, he might want to be understood, but it is always on his own terms. He steadfastly refuses to venture into other people's worlds/communication styles in order to truly "reach" them, instead he just beats them over the head with his own approach and forces people to accommodate him... if they can. (And most won't/cant'.)

Good teachers, true teachers (I think), take into account the needs of the student and accommodate how they deliver their information accordingly. BW is more prophetic in nature -- a "here it is, take it or leave it" approach.

But sorry, this really isn't about BlueWing, he was just a data point on your graph.
    BW isn't so bad... He just have very little needs for people. Overall I do agree with position of that point. I think he enjoys informing other people of his theories, on the forum. I don't see it as a bad thing really. Just human nature...

Have to lol at the virus description though.

So could we change "teaching" to "disseminating opinions" and the bottom to "exploring opinions?" Is that what you are saying?
    Teaching might be better expressed as informing people rather than disseminating? Negative connotations on the word. I don't believe it's a bad thing to like sharing your views with other people. It's only bad if you're stuck on the extreme ends of the axis.

---------

Time to place ME on plot!

Hmmm somewhere near Athenian's point after it's been reflected along the "sociality" axis? o_O That looks about right if I discount chat room behavior, although I am tending more towards fluff in blogs these days.

So:

Using x,y coordinate system: Nightning (32.5, 20)

social / unsocial : 35 / 65
    persuasion / absorption : 60 / 40

btw, your sociality axis is slanted sub!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The graph needs more axis... but when you start putting them in you wouldn't be able to visual it too well.
    Yeah haha, that's what CzeCze said and I tend to agree, but I'm sure we can find a way to expand the relevant things and then contract them back again into something easy to visualize. With a fuller working definition or profile for each sorta square on the graph where a person might land, at varying 'health' levels, I think it could be achieved.

btw, your sociality axis is slanted sub!
    It is? Oh, you mean literally - yeah. That's my mouse skills for you with MS Paint!

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Alright seriously I giggled about where you placed me on the axis but I can't say I totally agree with it. I suppose in most situations I tend to be one who appears to be absorbing and learning, and yes that is true to an extent. Although I really believe that if I were to be more confident in myself and my abilities I would actually be more of a teacher than a learner.

Right now in life I am at a tipping point a place where I am either gonna fall forward, embracing me and being excited for all that I have or I am gonna fall back and have to slug my way forward again. There is much about me that I hold back that I don't share, there is much that I observe and silently form opinions and ideas. Silently is the key. Yet there is a voice in me and it's screaming and one day, it will be heard. I am leaning more towards falling forward, to finding me and my voice, to sharing all that I am. I have been caught in some sort of quantum loop so to speak and have gotten caught up in living in the past and as a child. Caught up in coping and defenses and well I am not happy here. One day I promise there will be more of me, more to understand and more to know, more of me as me and not me as in who I think you all want me to be. The game will stop and the reality will set in. Some of you have 'met me' some of you know who I am talking about and some of you are just plain wise and intelligent enough to see through a persona that I didn't even realize I was portraying

so I suggest you stay tuned..... eventually my brain and my thoughts will come into focus and be clear as a cold winter nights sky

~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Well thanks for sharing that targo and setting me straight. Though I don't mean to equate the bottom end of the vertical axis with people being shy or inhibited or anything like that, considering I put whatever not far from you

In a way I'm glad you've reached that stage of knowing something has to change. As long as you let it change and don't try to stop it from changing or yourself from accepting the change, then the change will happen and it'll probably be good. Often people struggle against change, not realizing it's inevitable that that struggle itself tends to bring change of a less positive kind.

MBTI
    INFJ

My feeling about this forum is that ideally we all learn by interacting with each other here and therefore we're all teachers.

If we're talking about MBTI theory, some of us put out information in the form of explanations or theories. Others illustrate those same theories by their reactions, jokes, experiences, hence they're still teaching us about typology.

I also take the point that some explain in order to understand the theories better themselves. Still others (bloggers, eg) offer their experiences in order to express and understand themselves, and the rest of us end up with more understanding. Even someone's confusion can give another insight.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I would be a bit less social than Targo and much more absorbing things than her (meaning that I don't know that much about MBTI yet).

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

As for me: 66% learning- 66% social
    I would agree with Jenifer that she is at the very centre of this table.
    And for the extra axes, I have read a couple of suggestions and what I propose is an axis that combines a couple of these ideas: an patient-impatient axis that may include subaspects such as impulsiveness, agressiveness and friendliness...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas