User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Go figure that BW's my opposite!

and you're right upon some reflection (aka riding the bus home) I do react more than act, and my threads are question threads as opposed to "this is what I learned- reflect on it" threads!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, regarding Randomnity's question about my automatically considering top left to be negative, y'know I honestly didn't think that at all... that's kinda weird, cos I wasn't thinking or meaning anything negative about it or about BW at all... you seem to have implied that yourself and attributed it to me!

Actually no there's plenty of examples of people who do 'top right' stuff in a positive way. Economica for example, Zergling, Grayscale... etc edit - I don't think BW does it in a negative way either, though sometimes a rather ineffective way, if his aim is to teach/spread his ideas.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    whatever - it's not about whether people listen to you or not, it's how things are coming from your end, what you do and intend to do, how and why you do it. I dunno, I think you're somewhere in the bottom left corner, sorta opposite athenian, above targo. Cos I'd say though you do often give opinions, they're usually sorta reactive opinions to what you've just learned in a way and often changing and updating, rather than what you sorta came to say. And you seem to me to be more of an info seeker and question asker than info divulger and question answerer. What do you think?
    Substitute,

I would hazard a guess that Whatever is playing a teaching role. She's like Jack Nicholson's character (McMurphy) in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." At the start of the movie McMurphy is just raising hell. But by the end, McMurphy has taken a couple of the inmates under his wing and is showing them some basic survival skills.

I think Whatever allows us to see her life close up so people will learn that it's possible to raise a little a little hell and still be intelligent, graceful, charming, and aware of the needs of others. In my experience ESTPs sometimes live on the stage like that, taking people under their wing and setting the example.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just reflecting my own attitude toward Whatever. When I post messages, I'm often in teaching mode. But I'm in learning mode (or at least studying mode) when it comes to reading the posts of certain personality types and members here--like your posts and Whatever's posts.

[Edit: Oops! I missed Whatever's latest post, where she describes herself playing a learning role.]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

80% persuasion; 15% social

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    [Edit: Oops! I missed Whatever's latest post, where she describes herself playing a learning role.]
    you got what I try to do Fineline I had just decided to post what I assume others see me as here! Thank you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you got what I try to do Fineline I had just decided to post what I assume others see me as here! Thank you!
    Good!

You've got some powerful rep points, by the way. Your rep points shot me right over the top!

MBTI
    ENTP

Ah I see whatever, so that presents an alternative view of the teacher who poses as a learner... I guess the question is whether it's deliberate or not, consciously. Cos I guess I think that way too, but it's not deliberate or planned at all.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ah I see whatever, so that presents an alternative view of the teacher who poses as a learner... I guess the question is whether it's deliberate or not, consciously. Cos I guess I think that way too, but it's not deliberate or planned at all.
    often times deliberate- sometimes unplanned

I teach ESL once a week and have learned that the best way to teach is to pose as the student- people are more open to the experience then

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, FineLine I'd say you're another positive example of a healthy top righter... say middle of the vertical, near the end of the horizontal?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jennifer - like I said in the OP, it was tentative and off the cuff, having come from a dream, hardly a claim to cast-iron reliability! I just have an inkling that it has potential as an idea. Maybe by the time it's hammered out it'll be unrecognizable from the original. If we ever get that far!
    Maybe it will. Sorry I sounded so negative, I am not much for cushion today and those were my concerns, I was just curious to know if you had any ways to qualify the positions.

But BW does want to be sure people understand him properly and agree with him, as you can see by the way he responds to others' responses to him. I put persuasion and teaching together but I suppose also could be "propagation of opinions/ideas/info" even though implicitly that is teaching - only the quality and effectiveness of it seems to change what it's called.
    You make him sound like a virus! (hmmmm....)

Well, he might want to be understood, but it is always on his own terms. He steadfastly refuses to venture into other people's worlds/communication styles in order to truly "reach" them, instead he just beats them over the head with his own approach and forces people to accommodate him... if they can. (And most won't/cant'.)

Good teachers, true teachers (I think), take into account the needs of the student and accommodate how they deliver their information accordingly. BW is more prophetic in nature -- a "here it is, take it or leave it" approach.

But sorry, this really isn't about BlueWing, he was just a data point on your graph.

I guess even if the dissemination of info is done out of vanity and self-glorification, it's still at the top end of the vertical axis, cos it's still saying the primary motive is spreading opinions - even if it's just your own self-opinion!
    So could we change "teaching" to "disseminating opinions" and the bottom to "exploring opinions?" Is that what you are saying?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft