User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    You're forgiven.
    Thank you Rabbi

it's customary to write "EDIT:" so folks know that you added-on to your original.
    Yeah I usually do. If I don't it's because the edit was within seconds of the original and I figure nobody's read it yet, specially in the morning here when most of you Americans are in bed still... (edit) or cos I just forget...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I tried to figure out where I would fit in but then I started connecting the dots and all I could see was this:

It's threads like these that make me feel really mature.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENTP

Nemo, ENTP's FTW!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Nemo, ENTP's FTW!
    I quite liked it too.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTj

Yeah I usually do. If I don't it's because the edit was within seconds of the original and I figure nobody's read it yet, specially in the morning here when most of you Americans are in bed still... (edit) or cos I just forget...
    See! I'm teaching! wOOt!

By the way, when you put BlueWing in the top right corner, is that based on the stuff that he writes. . . or the stuff that he copies and pastes into the forums?

Just curious.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP

Makes no odds Haight... either way it's the same intended effect, no? Whether he writes a loada stuff and puts that up for our edification, or copies and pastes it from somewhere else for our edification, he's still top right *shrug*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hm, I don't think so Jennifer, because some of the most "teachy" people here are P's and there are some J's who seem to want to learn more than teach (cafe, Toonia...); likewise Proteanmix is an E but often talks unflatteringly about social methods of propagating/gaining knowledge and there are introverts who I'd say behave fairly socially such as FMWarner, Uber, and some of the INFx's.
    Exactly. So I have no way in hell of figuring out where I fall on the graph. It does not seem useful in specifying a position for me and (undoubtedly) for others. The axis are not separable or distinct enough. People can fit into both categories, since they are not specific enough or qualified enough.

I naturally like to learn. I also naturally like to instruct/share my ideas.

I can be social and like people, genuinely. I can also be asocial and withdrawn from people.

So I guess you can just put me smack in the middle, or at each of the four poles, if you'd like. (Hmm -- is it a QUANTUM graph?)

Likewise, BlueWing loves to learn (first and foremost)... but then he does love to dump his knowledge... but I wouldn't qualify it as teaching (because teaching means he actually cares that someone learns the information) -- he DOESN'T care, he does it entirely as self-validation and an attempt to bolster his own confidence.

Does it matter why someone is persuasive/teaches? Because the motivation is what defines the personality, not the act of teaching.

Athenian is more of a teacher -- she tends to be more outward directed than taking in. I'm not sure why you put her on the "learning" side.

And so on.

Nemo? I don't know where the hell to put HIM.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Makes no odds Haight... either way it's the same intended effect, no? Whether he writes a loada stuff and puts that up for our edification, or copies and pastes it from somewhere else for our edification, he's still top right *shrug*
    You misread me.

I didn't state that he writes the things that he copies and pastes into the forums. . . did I!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Imagine there was a graph like this...

I've tentatively put some people on there by way of demonstrating what I mean, but by all means feel free to disagree. It's just a theory. It's a work in progress! (I actually dreamed it last night, literally)

Discuss - where are you? Do you see ways to improve the model? can you think of other axes to add? Can you help me think of a positive interpretation of why/how extreme "top left" people get there, apart from manipulation and defamation and foot stamping to persuade everyone they're right? Any other thoughts?

'PHEW' I don't have to guess!

*giggles* THANKS
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Jennifer - like I said in the OP, it was tentative and off the cuff, having come from a dream, hardly a claim to cast-iron reliability! I just have an inkling that it has potential as an idea. Maybe by the time it's hammered out it'll be unrecognizable from the original. If we ever get that far!

Yeah I'll go with you on most of that. But BW does want to be sure people understand him properly and agree with him, as you can see by the way he responds to others' responses to him. I put persuasion and teaching together but I suppose also could be "propagation of opinions/ideas/info" even though implicitly that is teaching - only the quality and effectiveness of it seems to change what it's called.

I guess even if the dissemination of info is done out of vanity and self-glorification, it's still at the top end of the vertical axis, cos it's still saying the primary motive is spreading opinions - even if it's just your own self-opinion!

edit - I'm thinking of a questionnaire that'd help sort things out somewhat and place people/help them place themselves. Anyone wanna help with some questions? Along with answers and where each alternative puts you?