User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Naturally there's also the person who masquerades as a learner by asking lots of questions, but in fact, they're a persuader/teacher, because their questions are often rhetorical or 'loaded', framed in such a way as to force the person responding to wind up helping them communicate their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I don't write much about what I've learned
    I think it's also social to learn together, something which may not count as social to most.
    Well I was thinking more of the methods used to either absorb or persuade, whether they were social types of methods (humour, charm, social tactics/manipulation etc) or well, I don't quite know how to phrase the opposite, but what BlueWing does!! I think manipulation can be used to learn as much as to persuade, as in the case of those who sorta ferret out info about someone through other people, rather than asking them directly.

Of course every time we interact with another person in any way it's a social act, but I was talking more about people's priorities, methods and motivations. Like an unsocial type would do social things but seeing the social side of it as a necessary sorta evil to get the knowledge or whatever that they want, whilst an extreme social person would possibly engage with somebody in a more businesslike (rather than personal) manner but seeing that as a necessary evil to earn their respect and gain their friendship.

whatever - it's not about whether people listen to you or not, it's how things are coming from your end, what you do and intend to do, how and why you do it. I dunno, I think you're somewhere in the bottom left corner, sorta opposite athenian, above targo. Cos I'd say though you do often give opinions, they're usually sorta reactive opinions to what you've just learned in a way and often changing and updating, rather than what you sorta came to say. And you seem to me to be more of an info seeker and question asker than info divulger and question answerer. What do you think?

As for me, I'd say my approach was more about absorption and learning (Ne), except that I know in honesty that there is always the intention of using what I learn and wanting others to benefit from it, which involves teaching and persuasion - often the persuasion part is simply getting someone to listen lol but that's the extraversion I think... the desire to be active in and influential on the external world.

Maybe I ought to devise some sort of questionnaire for this...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Where would I go?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Where would I go?
    You're supposed to decide for yourself But maybe direct mirror image of athenian on the top right corner?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTj

Is telling someone STFU teaching?

Because if I have that information, I might be able to place myself on the graph with a greater amount of accuracy.

Thanks in advance.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP

Pretending not to notice the implied insult there () I'd put you in the bottom right corner, right in the corner, with the lurkers and infrequent posters

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Kidding aside, I like to have fun on here and learn about others as I go along. I'd like to be far away from the obnoxious insults area though please as I don't find that to be much fun at all.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Pretending not to notice the implied insult there () I'd put you in the bottom right corner, right in the corner, with the lurkers and infrequent posters
    I'm not insulting you. I'm speaking in general.

But, that would be the Learning corner, correct?

In which case I'd have to disagree, since I haven't learned anything from the sites since that thread about "Why midgets like threesomes" - that was last summer, I believe.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP

ROFL Jen, I think you have an identity crisis going on!!

Haight, it's okay, I'm just saying you resemble a roll of toilet paper. Soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent, even if whatever you absorb is wrung out or thrown down the toilet straight afterwards

But forgive me for having 'absorbed' that it's generally a wise policy to assume some level of sarcasm in most of your utterances from awwwn haaa up thar.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm trying to figure out how some folks can give themselves a number on the scale.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm thinking I'd be somewhere on the right side of the graph since I don't post that often.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ