User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 125

  1. #81
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    but i don't think that means we should kill all murderers on the off chance that they somehow succeed in talking someone else into committing a crime through the bars of their cell.

    maybe cut off their visitors or something?

    i mean, killing them is as extreme as you can get. it seems way fucking over the top.

    and shit, what if the new einstein was sitting in jail doing research? you think we should kill him just because he might tell someone else to jaywalk?
    Well, I suggested killing them since they are extremely high risk, and will always be high risk. Don't act so shocked. Most of the country wants to execute far more people than I do. They want to execute people that can be reformed.

    The point about one being an Einstein is curious. People like to make an anti-abortion case by saying that some situations when we are most tempted to perform an abortion are ones that have produced prodigies in the past.
    That may be true, but is it statistically relevant?
    Could we kill off the psychopaths and still have productive and visionary citizens to a meanginful, perhaps nearly optimal degree? I can't technically prove it, but I think so.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #82
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, I suggested killing them since they are extremely high risk, and will always be high risk. Don't act so shocked. Most of the country wants to execute far more people than I do. They want to execute people that can be reformed.
    yeah, and i disagree with most of the country lol. i'm not shocked at all, btw.

    The point about one being an Einstein is curious. People like to make an anti-abortion case by saying that some situations when we are most tempted to perform an abortion are ones that have produced prodigies in the past.
    That may be true, but is it statistically relevant?
    Could we kill off the psychopaths and still have productive and visionary citizens to a meanginful, perhaps nearly optimal degree? I can't technically prove it, but I think so.
    well, abortion is a totally different topic anyways.

    but i really don't think killing the psychopaths would do any good. i mean, put them in solitary confinement if they prove to be that much of a risk. then they can't possibly do anything bad, but they might still write a groundbreaking essay or something.

    edit: also, what message is that sending? murder is wrong. so if you do it, we'll murder you!

  3. #83
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I dunno, the empathy I've normally ever felt was always towards other animals. And I fear that by saying this publicly, people will know how to manipulate me, perhaps torture me by torturing an animal to get me to talk if I'm ever in that sort of scenario.

    I can't explain why I normally don't have the same kind of empathy towards other people. Maybe it's because of the possibility written above...or at least something similar.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Hexis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    1) you're not 100% sure they ARE rapists/murderers
    2) even if they are, yes. they still deserve certain rights. i mean, they shouldn't be able to walk the street, but they should be able to sit in jail and read books and shit.
    You mean sit in jail and use my tax dollars to have a roof over there head, food, and the best medical money can buy.

    Murderers
    Rapists
    Child Rapists
    Wife/Child Beaters
    and any psycopath who can not mentally decide between right and wrong and would just as quickly stab and gut someone as they would say "Good Morning"

    Deserve nothing less than a slow painful death, your sentiments that someone deserves the same rights as everyone is probably the most outrageous and ridiculous thing ive ever heard in my life. Not all men are created equal, not all men deserve my RESPECT, and alot of them deserve my hate. But not one of them would get any of it for no reason, you reap what you sow. And if a man where to rape my son I can tell you right now I would make him live the rest of his life in absolute misery.
    SDMF

  5. #85
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I dunno, the empathy I've normally ever felt was always towards other animals. And I fear that by saying this publicly, people will know how to manipulate me, perhaps torture me by torturing an animal to get me to talk if I'm ever in that sort of scenario.

    I can't explain why I normally don't have the same kind of empathy towards other people. Maybe it's because of the possibility written above...or at least something similar.
    is it because you think animals can do no wrong?

  6. #86
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    is it because you think animals can do no wrong?
    Animals only kill people out of self-defense, so yes.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that, either.

  7. #87
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Deserve nothing less than a slow painful death, your sentiments that someone deserves the same rights as everyone is probably the most outrageous and ridiculous thing ive ever heard in my life.
    lol. they don't deserve the same rights. they should be locked up.

    plus, the money you would have to spend to make a system that could correctly judge whether or not they should be killed exceeds the money it takes to just let them live.

    i think they deserve not to be tortured or murdered. sue me.

    Not all men are created equal, not all men deserve my RESPECT, and alot of them deserve my hate. But not one of them would get any of it for no reason, you reap what you sow. And if a man where to rape my son I can tell you right now I would make him live the rest of his life in absolute misery.
    i never said they deserve your respect. i never said they don't deserve your hate.

    shit, i hate them too.

    but if someone raped my mom or something, i wouldn't kill them or torture them; i'd be content with them having life in jail.

  8. #88
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Animals only kill people out of self-defense, so yes.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that, either.
    so where do you draw the line? animals live deterministic lives, and humans don't?

    also, i don't think there's anything wrong with killing in self defense. if someone was trying to kill me or someone else, i'd shoot them right in the fucking face and not feel bad about it.

  9. #89
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I dunno, the empathy I've normally ever felt was always towards other animals. And I fear that by saying this publicly, people will know how to manipulate me, perhaps torture me by torturing an animal to get me to talk if I'm ever in that sort of scenario.

    So............ there are some torture-worthy facts you are keeping from us Mr. Uberfuhrer?

    *holds up bush-baby and deadly cheese grater*

    TALK!!!
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  10. #90
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    So............ there are some torture-worthy facts you are keeping from us Mr. Uberfuhrer?
    Well, no, but you know people, some of them like to torture others for fun. And by revealing the things that bother me, people will know how to torture me.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Lack of spontaneous friends for an ESFP
    By shanix in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 09:29 AM
  2. "Cures" prevent the study of spontaneous remission?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 08:24 AM
  3. [INTJ] How many of you would like to see INTJ in tears ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:23 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO