User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: I feel used

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think it's particularly reasonable for you to feel "used." When you volunteer information on the internet, anyone can read it. You don't necessarily know that the answer to the question is genuinely needed by the other person. I think of it such that I'm answering the question more to clarify my own perspective and perceptions of people than anything else, and I'm always grateful for that opportunity.

Personally, what I usually do on forums (except this one) is ask a question or two that I needed answered, wait for replies and follow-up with my reactions to them, perhaps answer a few other people's questions (if there are any that I know how to answer), and then leave. I would not feel "used" if someone merely posted asking for answers to questions, and didn't intend to provide anything in return. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just on a forum to answer other people's questions and look for answers to my own. I don't understand this sense of entitlement you think you have to "know" somebody and "expect" something from them.

That said, I didn't think Adam007 asked specific or significant enough questions for me to give a good answer. Also, I tend not to read the Relationship forum... I prefer discussions about introspection, ideas, feelings, etc.

MBTI
    INTj

Moved from the Relationship Forum

I constantly use you all as a source of amusement.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I constantly use you all as a source of amusement.
    That's good, 'cuz I don't do anything serious. (This is all ya get!)

Wait a second -- where did all the religious conversation come from?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Yeah, Adam007 is a bot or something..

It was pretty obvious when his gender seemed to flip flop between every thread he started.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I dunno, it's possible for people to have both a penis and a vagina...they're the lucky ones!

If s(he) is a bot, which is possible, s(he) is a very cleverly designed bot.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I dunno, it's possible for people to have both a penis and a vagina...they're the lucky ones!
    But what are the chances of someone with both penis and vagina juggling a boyfriend and a girlfriend?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    But what are the chances of someone with both penis and vagina juggling a boyfriend and a girlfriend?
    They can take turns! And s(he) can also screw him/herself!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't think it's particularly reasonable for you to feel "used." When you volunteer information on the internet, anyone can read it. You don't necessarily know that the answer to the question is genuinely needed by the other person. I think of it such that I'm answering the question more to clarify my own perspective and perceptions of people than anything else, and I'm always grateful for that opportunity.

Personally, what I usually do on forums (except this one) is ask a question or two that I needed answered, wait for replies and follow-up with my reactions to them, perhaps answer a few other people's questions (if there are any that I know how to answer), and then leave. I would not feel "used" if someone merely posted asking for answers to questions, and didn't intend to provide anything in return. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just on a forum to answer other people's questions and look for answers to my own. I don't understand this sense of entitlement you think you have to "know" somebody and "expect" something from them.

That said, I didn't think Adam007 asked specific or significant enough questions for me to give a good answer. Also, I tend not to read the Relationship forum... I prefer discussions about introspection, ideas, feelings, etc.
    I pretty much agree with you and look at it the same way.

Just for the record, it's not like I'm going to need counseling now or something, for goodness sake. I'm over it already. It wasn't that big of a deal. But I'm pretty sure that I was entitled to my feelings.

I just think when someone is going around deceiving people, it should be brought to light. I'm sure there's no serious harm done.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I pretty much agree with you and look at it the same way.

Just for the record, it's not like I'm going to need counseling now or something, for goodness sake. I'm over it already. It wasn't that big of a deal.
    Ah, okay. I'm glad you weren't too hurt. I thought you were taking this hard, so that's what seemed odd to me.

But I'm pretty sure that I was entitled to my feelings.
    I'll chalk that up to Fi.
    I just think when someone is going around deceiving people, it should be brought to light. I'm sure there's no serious harm done.
    This still confuses me... what did this person promise or claim that they didn't offer? What precisely was lied about? What was the misrepresentation on their part?

I'm just saying... I don't get it, and I'd like to understand.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't really get it either.. I would feel a little deceived if someone I'd gotten to know had turned out to be a fraud (like someone that posts everyday).. but.... some random account that starts vague threads? Who the hell cares?

Edit: INTJMom, my post isn't directed at you, but more of a comment on adam007. Just want to make sure you don't think I'm thinking you care, when you've just stated you don't.