1) favorite singer: Dame Joan Sutherland
2) favorite of each voice type
soprano: (other than joan sutherland) light soprano- anna moffo, dramatic soprano-Kirsten Flagstad
assoluta: Maria Callas (both a soprano and a mezzo)
mezzo: Milla Edelman
contralto: Ewa Podles
tenor: Franco Corelli
heldentenor: Ramon Vinay
baritone: Robert Merrill
bass: Samuel Ramey
4) favorite voice type: dramatic coloratura soprano
3) favorite composer: tie; Verdi and Rossini
4) favorite opera: semiramide
5) favorite genre: dramatic bel canto (works like Norma, Semiramide and early Verdi as opposed to comic bel canto like The Barber of Seville) it's all good though
6) favorite aria: Santo di Patria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_odCIFVt-c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncQHKMM8wY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9bd_BPCH8k
I love opera.
One of my favorite singers in Thomas Hampson. He is an American baritone. Check out his website at http://www.hampsong.org/
As for favorite composer, I love anything by Puccini. I also like the operas by Gian Carlo Menotti.
My favorite operas... hmmm... Carmen (Bizet), Tosca (Puccini), The Consul (Menotti).
Favorite voice type: bass or baritone. I also like duets with a bass and a lyric soprano. Also a tenor/contralto duet is very nice to hear.
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.
ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
Motivation: Dark Worker
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
MTG Color: black/red
Male Archtype: King/Lover
"You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
"I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire
I don't really like to do favourites. Anybody and anything can be extremely moving at any given time. All I have to do is enjoy.
Some that I listen to fairly often (they're all pretty famous):
1. Magic Flute (Mozart) - Queen of the Night's Aria/"Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" ("The vengeance of Hell boils in my heart") is an absolute CLASSIC.
2. Carmen (Bizet) - Habanera, Les Toreadors
3. The Tales of Hoffman (Offenbach) - Olympia's Aria... even better when watched cos the doll performance is very amusing.
4. Rinaldo (Handel) - "Lascia ch'io pianga" I can cry to this when I'm in the right mood.
5. Rigoletto (Verdi) - La donna è mobile
6. The Barber of Seville (Rossini) - Figaro's Aria
Might add more later.
Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.