User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The Internet is a social outlet for me, yes. In all honesty, I don't really have any friends outside of it. I feel much more guarded when talking to others online.
    I guess I was picking up on something, then. This isn't really the place to analyze the depths of your hurt and psyche, but I'm always down to talk about shyness and have tons of strategies I can offer for working with it (as opposed to against it). I haven't solved it completely but I'm made significant progress, I think. Thanks for your honesty, bud.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    That's a weak analogy. We're not talking about an addiction to not-introspecting. Introspection is something you can definitely guide someone towards, especially someone who's already started the process. Uber has already begun that process. He solicited countless people on this thread to give him an analysis because he, like everyone here I imagine, is looking to understand themselves better. Isn't that why we're interested in MBTI? This whole site is a testament to the introspection process.

Meh. It's a strawman argument. I didn't say we never need hugs, and I didn't say that they're not effective, either. But in a situation where someone may be on the verge of evaluating themselves, hugs aren't appropriate. Imagine you're in a therapy session, and you're about to make a breakthrough, but your therapist all of sudden jumps up, stops your train of thought, and says "I KNOW WHAT YOU NEED!!!! HUGZ!!!" Bad therapist. Validation is important, but its timing can be even more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I wouldn't call it an attack. I would call it an adjustment. Sometimes I flirt with the line between the two.
    I read that you wanted to be a psychologist/therapist, interesting.

I am an advocate of therapy, and have been in therapy for years.

My philosophy: Bad therapy is a horrible thing, and good therapy is a wonderful thing.

To be honest, I principally disagree with quite a few of your ideologies/perceptions. Because you are intelligent, I do have the inclination to argue against your points of view that I disagree with, but...what's the point, really.

You have your way of seeing things, and I have mine.

You speak to some people, and rub others the wrong way...the same goes for me.

*I am frustrated right now because I want to address what I disagree with in your posts, but... I won't.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    *I am frustrated right now because I want to address what I disagree with in your posts, but... I won't.
    Why the fuck not? Bring it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

To bring, or not to bring...
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

bring it!!!

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

Today, you bring. Tomorrow, you rest.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ygolo is someone who would probably make the best neighbor in the entire world! He's smart, he seems quite organized- at least mentally- he generally makes the rounds checking other people's posts and blogs (I like to be all knowing... so what ) and if he was my neighbor I'd definitly ask him for math homework! ygolo is not an attention whore and seems to have a genuine interest in understanding and explaining things
    I am not that organized physically, however, most of my neighbors seem to like me

whatever seems to use the "last activity" feature One wonders if she is like that in real-life--being able to track what everyone in the room is doing all the time. She is quite playful and high energy. This site has become a lot more lively since she started her blog. I think people underestimate her intelligence and her intellect (including whatever herself), and that is a shame. All in all, I think she would be a lot of fun to hang-out with IRL.

Oh, and to CC. Bring it!

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This really *freaking* sucks.

I was warned on Tuesday to not engage in this, even though I don't think engaging in this is inherently, or at all bad.

Edahn seems to share similar views with some of the admins.

I enjoy posting here so much so that I'll comply to this unfair standard in order to be able to continue to stay.

Much sadness at this unfairness.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    bring it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Today, you bring. Tomorrow, you rest.
    You guys crack me up!!!
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Oh, and to CC. Bring it!
    No...I shall not be baited!!!

BTW: Nice Isopteran mound avatar, I aways enjoy looking at it...fascinating, really.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles