User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

I'll analyze Ivy and Urchin, since they were kind enough to analyze me.

Ivy: You seem very Down-to-Earth and hardworking. You also seem like were a child prodigy. That makes for an interesting combination, and perfect for an admin I still remember you saving the day when T07 (or whatever the name was) by being awake at 4:30 in the morning. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but I get the impression you are both a full-time mom and hold some corporate position too. That, in itself is amazing.

Urchun: A mathmo like myself. Likes logic puzzles and math due their raw appeal. It's nice to know that there are people out there that "get" that. You seem to know a lot more math than I did in high-school. I suggest you get a bunch of Putnam Math Competition problems from your local library and practice. (I was the second highest scorer at my school the year I took it--You are likely to do much better. The problems are interesting for their own sake. It's also fun to do better than the professors who try to match wits with the students. There is also a possibility that it can lead to schoarships etc.)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My problem is that I am shy and agoraphobic, which contradicts my desires to try out new things.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    My problem is that I am shy and agoraphobic, which contradicts my desires to try out new things.
    So, in all honesty, let me ask you this so I can better understand you: Do you think you depend too heavily on MBTIc as an outlet for socializing? I'm shy too, Uber, in certain situations (strangers and attractive women), but certain situations bring out the excited extrovert in me. In the end, I like to be calm and reflective, but the tension between the two makes it hard for me to capture myself with a label like extrovert.

Are you shy at all here?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Pfft. No, we don't need hugs. People need to be able to deal with difficult situations and grow from their analysis and introspection. All this projection is tiring. And by projection, I mean, people project their own fear of dealing with pain and confronting problems in their own character, and using hugs and affection to avoid those feelings.

My admonition doesn't mean I don't respect Uber. It doesn't mean I don't think he'll be okay, and it doesn't mean he's abnormal. Introspection is difficult and part of the growing process. It's a way to deepen your understanding of yourself. It's not always going to be easy, but it happens. It's normal; it's fine.

Just be cool.

People need to be able to deal with difficult situations and grow from their analysis and introspection.

I would agree with that, yes.

All this projection is tiring. And by projection, I mean, people project their own fear of dealing with pain and confronting problems in their own character,

To an extent, everybody projects, but it has been my observation, that the more self aware, and confident a person is, the more likely they'll be inclined/able to step outside of themselves, and hence, not project.

Introspection is difficult and part of the growing process. It's a way to deepen your understanding of yourself. It's not always going to be easy, but it happens. It's normal; it's fine.

Sometimes a perceptive person sees another person better than that person sees himself...but the truth remains... One cannot force introspection on another.

Cliche yet perfect example of this, is of the addict:

An addict will continue to use until *he* himself recognizes his problem and commits to sobriety.

Pfft. No, we don't need hugs.

And I disagree with you here.

Tenderness and affection can go a long way. Sometimes we simply need to be touched/hugged.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

. There're a few people that bug me here and there, but I don't go attacking people randomly.
    So you attack the people who do?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

Introspection is difficult and part of the growing process. It's a way to deepen your understanding of yourself. It's not always going to be easy, but it happens. It's normal; it's fine.

Sometimes a perceptive person sees another person better than that person sees himself...but the truth remains... One cannot force introspection on another.

Cliche yet perfect example of this, is of the addict:

An addict will continue to use until *he* himself recognizes his problem and commits to sobriety.
    That's a weak analogy. We're not talking about an addiction to not-introspecting. Introspection is something you can definitely guide someone towards, especially someone who's already started the process. Uber has already begun that process. He solicited countless people on this thread to give him an analysis because he, like everyone here I imagine, is looking to understand themselves better. Isn't that why we're interested in MBTI? This whole site is a testament to the introspection process.

Pfft. No, we don't need hugs.

And I disagree with you here.

Tenderness and affection can go a long way. Sometimes we simply need to be touched/hugged.
    Meh. It's a strawman argument. I didn't say we never need hugs, and I didn't say that they're not effective, either. But in a situation where someone may be on the verge of evaluating themselves, hugs aren't appropriate. Imagine you're in a therapy session, and you're about to make a breakthrough, but your therapist all of sudden jumps up, stops your train of thought, and says "I KNOW WHAT YOU NEED!!!! HUGZ!!!" Bad therapist. Validation is important, but its timing can be even more important.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So, in all honesty, let me ask you this so I can better understand you: Do you think you depend too heavily on MBTIc as an outlet for socializing? I'm shy too, Uber, in certain situations (strangers and attractive women), but certain situations bring out the excited extrovert in me. In the end, I like to be calm and reflective, but the tension between the two makes it hard for me to capture myself with a label like extrovert.

Are you shy at all here?
    The Internet is a social outlet for me, yes. In all honesty, I don't really have any friends outside of it. I feel much more guarded when talking to others online.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    So you attack the people who do?
    I wouldn't call it an attack. I would call it an adjustment. Sometimes I flirt with the line between the two.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The Internet is a social outlet for me, yes. In all honesty, I don't really have any friends outside of it.
    nothing wrong with that if youre ok with it... but, if you did feel like you would like to make friends in your life outside of the internet, from one introvert to another, i will say that the only thing keeping you from doing that is yourself.

i understand how easy it is to make excuses to get out and do things, but ultimately you have to realize your own potential. you're obviously intelligent, and intelligence can be used to solve almost anything... even the whole enigma of socializing. your good sense of humor certainly wont hurt either

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ygolo is someone who would probably make the best neighbor in the entire world! He's smart, he seems quite organized- at least mentally- he generally makes the rounds checking other people's posts and blogs (I like to be all knowing... so what ) and if he was my neighbor I'd definitly ask him for math homework! ygolo is not an attention whore and seems to have a genuine interest in understanding and explaining things

Edahn may lack confidence in some things, but he does not lack confidence in his own mind and reasoning abilities. He is curious about other people in an analytical way- wanting to know why they think what they do and why people (and animals) behave as they do. He's smart, and he doesn't hide it the way that some people do- and it seems as though he just enjoys toying with people and seeing how they interact at times when bored. Not in a bad way, just in a curious way.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett