First 21293031323341 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Jen -

The epitome of gentility: Kindness given form and wisdom avowed strength.

Jen is my absolute favorite member (alongside Limey) and the person towards whom I feel the strongest connection.

(My sincerest accolades possible)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I haven't really posted anything much here because I just don't feel like eloquent enough at the moment to do it justice. But I guess it is just better to contribute things and hope the sentiment is enough.

Jen is fierce and funny, a sharp-edged whirlwind capable of drawing blood when passionately engaged and yet also unexpectedly becoming the gentle warm breeze capable of smoothing out and soothing the deepest hurts.

She's honest, and you never doubt where you stand (for good or bad).

A beautiful rose with a stem of steel.

You would think that someone with such sharp opinions and passions would be closed... but she isn't. She's one of the most open people I know.

I think, ultimately, she cares, truly and deeply. Positive or negative, good or bad, for you or against you, she cares... and so she engages even when the load is heavy.

Uberfuhrer is quite the enigma. Tries to get a rise out of someone, constantly pushing boundaries almost in a bid for attention, a rogue performance artist... but it also reveals his desire to communicate and be part of what's going on.

That's the inherent contradiction -- the android who wants to be human and just doesn't yet know how.

Just when you think he's completely insensitive, he'll reveal something about himself or offer something kind to someone else. And just when you think maybe his leaf is turning, he'll say something completely outrageous again that would likely get him slapped in public.

But I think he means well, and in some odd way is still thought of fondly by people. (Well, me, anyway.)

Oh, yes... and he knows just about all the details in his fields of interest. A very sharp mind, that way.

Economica is... confuzzling sometimes. Why?

She never backs down. She's utterly relentless.

Even when I rip into her in e-mail, frustrated, hoping it will get some reaction from her, maybe result in her changing tactics, well... it just rolls right off her back. (Part of me fears it just in fact makes her more resolute.)

I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's infuriating... and strangely admirable all at the same time.

She's just impervious to criticism and blind to refusal -- an adamantium wall you can attack mercilessly with every weapon known to humanity... and in the end she will still remain unscratched and standing, while you will still be left staring in disbelief and exhaustion.

A straight-shooter, ProteanMix is someone with whom I always do know where I stand. She is unabashed that way. Sometimes it has rubbed me the wrong way, sometimes we've just been stymied by each other... but at the same time I very much appreciate someone who speaks clearly and truly.

And what's funny is that in the last few months, I have actually found us more in agreement than not during staff discussions, even moreso than I've been with others.

She champions the cause of people speaking their mind, she wants things on the table rather than trying to suppress dissent, and she is ultimately focused on exploring and exposing the needs and desires of the community at large. She's very aware of and concerned about group dynamics and perceptions.

So I'm glad she's around.

Santtu's got a very rigorous mind, one as sharp as the proverbial knife and willing to split apart whatever he sees needing some cutting. His IQ, I'm sure, is intimidating; and in a technical discussion in his fields of knowledge, I see him as a valuable contributor. He lends good critical analysis to any discussion.

Right now, he's much like Will carrying his "Subtle Knife" around a dinner party. The knife cuts anything, but a social gathering has different rules than the science lab. How to wield the knife in those circumstances, how and when to sheathe it, what other tools to use in the meanwhile?

All of those things are still being explored...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anyone care to analyze me?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Sure. I don't know you extremely well but my impressions of you are that you are extremely analytical and very fair-minded. You seek justice and objectivity. You're a bit of a rabble-rouser (at least, you were at first when you joined the forum) but not the trolly kind- I admire that urge to agitate for change.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Ivy - would you be so kind as to do a send-up of me?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I would ask Ivy to do one for me but I scared!

Jennifer that was beautiful, thank you.

Night, I'm not sure how kind I am but thank you for your kind words.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Ygolo is an intelligent individual, passing in and out of threads without great need for social chatter. I feel that I relate to Ygolo, or what I know of him. He started the Mathmo thread, so he's forever in my good books.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Ok since no one else wanted to "analyze" me and I'm feeling blah today this is what L (jokingly) came up with. Witty eh?

"Jen is cute and funny at the same time which is rare because normally cute girls are ditzy but Jen is not. Jen is truly outrageous." ~Limey
    You sure he wasn't talking about Jem?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Night: a card-carrying member of the Fifty Cent Word Club. Sometimes he brings out the dollar words.

Night is one of the last remaining true gentlemen of our generation. But make no mistake- sometimes there's a sharply barbed comment folded into his well-mannered addresses. You may find yourself wondering if Night has just paid you a compliment or issued you a demerit.

All things considered, Night's one of my faves 'round these parts.

(Jen... you asked for it... you're next! Nah srsly I'll be nice. )
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You sure he wasn't talking about Jem?
    Jen/Jem same thing.
    Time is a delicate mistress.