MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Tnx, Edahn, interesting!
    However, after read the lemma, I understand that it explains why a group takes more extreme positions, but not why individuals become more outspoken...

(hm, are we off-topic?)
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Tnx, Edahn, interesting!
    However, after read the lemma, I understand that it explains why a group takes more extreme positions, but not why individuals become more outspoken...

(hm, are we off-topic?)
    You're right. I should have linked you to simple Polarization. which is "the process whereby a social or political group is divided into two opposing sub-groups with fewer and fewer members of the group remaining neutral or holding an intermediate position."

I was thinking like this: when you get a group (MBTIc) and divide it into subgroups (type), the members of the subgroups will polarize and become extreme versions (caricatures?) of their own type. Since that depends on whether those who are polarizing actually identify with the SUB-group, you might expect those who identify more with the GROUP (MBTIc) than with the SUBGROUP (their type) to be less extreme. How to assess this? One way might be just to look at how often the person uses type in their explanations of things. [/speculation]

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You're right. I should have linked you to simple Polarization. which is "the process whereby a social or political group is divided into two opposing sub-groups with fewer and fewer members of the group remaining neutral or holding an intermediate position."

I was thinking like this: when you get a group (MBTIc) and divide it into subgroups (type), the members of the subgroups will polarize and become extreme versions (caricatures?) of their own type. Since that depends on whether those who are polarizing actually identify with the SUB-group, you might expect those who identify more with the GROUP (MBTIc) than with the SUBGROUP (their type) to be less extreme. How to assess this? One way might be just to look at how often the person uses type in their explanations of things. [/speculation]
    Interesting theory. I tend to agree with you, and would like to add an extra factor: namely what those members perceive to be essential to their type. E.g. some INTP's appear to see intellectual superiority and bluntness as vital elements of the type, whereas others would validate truthfulness and discretion. And now that I write this, I believe that what people single out as characteristics tells us more about their own personalityaspects, independent of pure type-content.
    It would be nice to have a look at the last thing you suggest: a correlation between typetalk and extremity. (but so much work )
    Sorry to use INTP as an example all the time, it is only because that is the type I know best, but I guess you won't mind...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

FMWarner and I agree on a lot of the things that revolve around our interests. I enjoy him because he and I share sentiments of considering modern entertainment such as movies and video games as legitimate art forms along with literature, painting, sculpture, etc. I think that we both agree that the fact that movies and video games are not considered art in the same vein is because there is a certain closed-mindedness in the academic realm. Let's face it, the only reason Shakespeare and Poe are considered art is because they are dead. Kubrick and Hitchcock are now considered artists because they are now dead. I enjoy FM because he shares my philosophy that entertainment with time becomes art.

FM and I also share a similar sense of humor, I think. I enjoy many of the smart-ass comments along with subtle double entendres he post on here. He is yet another example of an INTJ that isn't uptight and serious all the time.

MBTI
    ENFj

I love to hear one about me but I am not sure I have been here long enough to be described that well.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    istp

Adam007 has a heart of gold and an enduring spirit. He's never afraid to ask questions, as his constant journey for knowledge has shown. He even has the uncanny ability to see the points of view of many people from different segments of life... a truly humbling feat. Adam007's continued courage in asking the questions that truly matter despite the jabs of the ignorant masses is inspirational. His presence is such that it seems he's created more threads than he's read! Although his logical and understanding nature has elicited comparison with a bot, he is never afraid to show his inner feelings. When I think of all the good times I've had with Adam007 I can only wonder how long it will last. Here's to you, pal.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Adam007 has a heart of gold and an enduring spirit. He's never afraid to ask questions, as his constant journey for knowledge has shown. He even has the uncanny ability to see the points of view of many people from different segments of life... a truly humbling feat. Adam007's continued courage in asking the questions that truly matter despite the jabs of the ignorant masses is inspirational. His presence is such that it seems he's created more threads than he's read! Although his logical and understanding nature has elicited comparison with a bot, he is never afraid to show his inner feelings. When I think of all the good times I've had with Adam007 I can only wonder how long it will last. Here's to you, pal.
    I love the way he's added "007" to his name, to match his James Bond like style and panache in starting threads!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Silently Honest

For one not yet 20, I can state with confidence that his maturity outshines many who double him in years.

His genuine capacity to parse wisdom from nonsense was one of the strongest qualities I noticed in him on INTPc - what's more, he took in stride the percolating J-phobia with an evenhandedness that made me positively jealous at times. Silently Honest is likely one of the stronger INFJs I've encountered.

Were I to rewind my years, I'd most certainly try to silhouette the general behavioral visage of Silently Honest. His mixture of reasoned compassion is indicative of an advanced rationale than I cannot personally attest to. I'd look to him for advice on matters that I would normally trust few.

MBTI
    INFP

Targo
    Conscript of Woe.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Ok since no one else wanted to "analyze" me and I'm feeling blah today this is what L (jokingly) came up with. Witty eh?

"Jen is cute and funny at the same time which is rare because normally cute girls are ditzy but Jen is not. Jen is truly outrageous." ~Limey
    Time is a delicate mistress.