User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Sub is amazingly intelligent, articulate, kind and loyal man among many other things. Not only do I admire his ability to disassemble words and situations, I also admire his ability to reconstruct them with clarity and offer ideas in a fresh new light. He's a gifted photographer and one of the kindest people I've come into contact in a long time. The time where he drove all over creation just so his friend could hook up with the woman of his dreams (hopefully anyway) is still fresh in my mind.

He's also extremely patient, especially when I respond without having read a post in it's entirety.

Living a peaceful life in this world isn't easy, but Sub seems to do this with ease.

Btw Sub, L and I are planning a trip to the UK next year and would love to stop over and have a pint with you.
    Jen is Jen, she is who she is, and that quiet knowledge that that's enough, together with the acknowledgement of her need to be loved and appreciated, and her willingness to be open and vulnerable, are things that make her a special and wonderful person as far as I'm concerned. I've always got time for Jen and I trust both her words and her motives. She's one of the few people I can just feel relaxed about, I don't feel like knowing her is a case of head games and guessing games. I don't need to worry about her taking things I say the wrong way, and I know she'd never stab me in the back. If someone PM'ed her saying they hated me, I'm sure she'd listen to them and stuff but at the same time, I trust her to put across my POV and not to support idly gossip or bitching about me behind my back.
    Thank you for your kind words and I would have to agree. Your analysis is pretty spot on. However, if someone pm'ed me saying they hated you (they wouldn't dare) I would listen but then I also have to kick their ass and make them see the error of their ways. I am very loyal (if you're into astrology which I'm not, I'm a Taurus) and the few people that I do take into my circle, I am always there for.
    edit - just read your edit Jen and see, you were wrong!
    I'm glad I was wrong.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I also wanted to add that I don't think this thread was created as a popularity type thing to make people feel left out. I myself have only a handful of online friends despite what some may thing on here that I felt comfortable enough to "analyze". I used it more to give praise and didn't expect the reach around from those who I analyzed, if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 02-24-2008 at 09:18 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Substitute has quite a hard time with understanding other people's points of view, and can be quite insulting to them in situations such as the one quoted above.
    You know, I've no problem with you Zergling, but the evidence seems to point to that being a quite inaccurate opinion of me. I've many faults, but that's not one of them. I spend my life fighting for the underdog and speaking out for minorities. I'm forever sticking my neck out for the marginalized and have more axe marks on it than you'd care to count. Not agreeing with someone's point of view is no evidence of my not seeing or understanding it.

If you had read me right, you might have realized I was saying something positive.

I was expressing a feeling and making an observation, not badmouthing anyone. I was saying most people have tried and have succeeded in becoming accepted members of this community, whether or not they realize or acknowledge it - you included. Was the insult and neg rep for that?

But thank you anyway for showing me one of the ways in which people can get me wrong. I'll have to work on that

----

Everyone else - thanks, your very nice words mean a lot, though it's becoming slightly embarrassing!!

Oh but Ygolo, your words are kind but slightly inaccurate - I don't see myself as becoming a religious authority figure... just a minor sorta shepherd of sorts... my job's to minister to people's needs, not lord it over them My only 'authority' would be suggesting which contractor to call to mend the church roof... but even that'd have to go through the parish council... haha...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

whatever thanks.......

and Zergling.... you have stated some things that have truth to them, but I challenge you to look beyond the surface of my existence here and see more. I know that I irritate you and you have little use for my 'fluffiness' as you would call it and many others, but trust me there is more to me than meets your eye
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh but Ygolo, your words are kind but slightly inaccurate - I don't see myself as becoming a religious authority figure... just a minor sorta shepherd of sorts... my job's to minister to people's needs, not lord it over them My only 'authority' would be suggesting which contractor to call to mend the church roof... but even that'd have to go through the parish council... haha...
    O yeah. I forgot that is the way people look at the preist-hood, a steward or shepherd of sorts. I haven't met many pastors who admit to being "authorities." Sorry.

---
    I know Zerlging did one on me. I don't really consider myself desirous of money for its own ends. But some semblance of a normal life is something I think I want. I also have a rather strong desire for freedom.

Frankly, I don't know what I want. I'm a knowledge junkie. It does seem to get "in the way" as Zergling mentioned. But in the way of what? I don't know.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

I acknowledge that many people still look to clergy as authorities and there still is an irritating tendency of some to behave towards them with deference and stuff and to ask them what they should think. And I know that this can be a very hard tide to swim against and that many clergy fall into the trap of playing that role and enjoying it a little too much. I can't say in advance whether or not I'll fall for that, but I can say it seems unlikely, considering that my aim isn't to become a parish vicar, living in a vicarage and with a regular gig at a local church... that's not the sorta thing I'm going into at all, and I think it's that sort of position that makes a person most prone to being thought of, and falling into thinking of themselves as, authorities.

I'm heading for chaplaincy. Glorified loitering
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Targo is a gentle soul who tends to put others needs before hers. If we lived closer together I'd drag her out for a spa day because deserves that and so much more. She'd also be my gym partner. And without Targo I wouldn't have nearly as many rep points as I now have.

Targo, this Pitts for you.
    Look, I know he has a little weenie, but Angie and Jen, ok and millions of women all over the world think he's godlike with a body and face to die for and you know you want to climb all over him and since I'm so far away it's the best I could come up with! Love ya! *smooch*

MBTI
    GONE

This thread is interesting, I get the feeling it's spun off several other threads on forum behavior, culture, and personality typing that is really good for forum health and Progress with a capital 'P' and even inter/personal development!

I'm going to stay away from the more 'controversial' members and analyses for right now and do the fun, easy ones first. And lolz, I think Uber asked for an analysis from me? Whooo boy, you asked for it!

I have all kinds of disclaimers and prefaces about the analyses I'll do (or don't do) but I guess if I think of this as throwing coins in a fountain (random, adding to other coins, well-intentioned, and ultimately harmless) I feel off the hook. :nods:

Jeez these 'analyses' things start getting really tricky for an ENFP don't they...

MBTI
    ENTP

Edahn - ruthlessly witty, begrudgingly human, involuntarily genuine. Formidable. If you earn his respect, you're lucky and most likely pretty damn cool. But he probably won't tell you so, because that'd make him lose his edge. Like Haight, he seems to like to keep people guessing about his feelings towards them, to keep the shoe on that foot as it were, so that he's in control and you're obliged to tread carefully. He gets a kick out of seeing you try to do so. Though I suspect that those who dare to put on a pair of steel toe-caps and give him a friendly boot in the gut are among the first to earn that coveted respect.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Edahn - ruthlessly witty, begrudgingly human, involuntarily genuine.
    Yep.