User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks everyone. You're all very kind.

I want to comment on the acceptance of noobs by members here. This is the most accepting group I've seen in over 20 years on the net... and I'm not just shining anyone on when I say that. Were it not for that overall tone, I never would have had the "balls" to jump in so quickly. It is a true pleasure to come here each day. I'm learning alot due to the openness and just, generally, find the people and conversations inspiring. I feel very fortunate to have found you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

These are going to be more "neutral" than "friendly/complementary" (they are also a bit shorter since people tend to stand out for me with a smaller amount of quantities).

Jen: Seems like someone who wants to create enjoyment, help people feel good around her, etc., but tries to do it in more conventional ways, on her own terms, without fully realizing it. She seems like someone who's done pretty well for herself in life, and enjoys how it has worked out for her. She seems to enjoy (Even from outside the forums, from other descriptions of her life.) being social meeting people, etc.

Randomnity: Seems like a very fun person to hang around with, who does a lot of things without really analyzing or worrying about them too much (aside from procrastination.)

Nonpareil: She seems like a more conventional person, but driven and looking for achievement in something.

Targo: Targo seems someone that gives off friendliness, but can have difficulty adapting it to different situations. She also seems like someone who would brighten up people she's spending time around. She also seems someone who end up making a lot of decisions on limited information.

Nottaprettygal: She seems to be a very focused person, who lives life hard (In a mental/emotional sense, not a physical one) on herself and things around her, but can get tunnel vision more easily.

Toonia: Toonia seems to have a lot of thoughts and opinions that are difficult to translate well into words, whether because of complexity, a different type of thought process, etc. She seems like a neat person to spend time around.

Ygolo: Ygolo really stands out as someone who would like to have a nice job, money, etc., but there's so much cool stuff to learn about computers, mathematics, psychology, economics, etc., that it gets in the way. Another person who sounds fun to spend time around, at least for people who enjoy talking about that sort of stuff.

(Some of these do seem pretty obvious looking back at them, I tend to have a hard time analyzing too deeply into people unless a solid pattern shows up.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Mempy likes to ask lots of questions, but when she feels that she may have pushed too far or stepped on your toes a bit she's always there with an appology and a I was shocked to find out that she'd designed her own avatar- which is flat out fabulous! She is delightfully open about things- I do beleive she had the most interesting confession of anyone in the secrets thread - and I think that she wants to know just as much about everyone else as she's willing to share about herself

targo is kind and generous and I really miss her posts targo seems to wonder what if a lot in her life and tends to wistfully look at what could have been as opposed to what is. She was always good at explaining obvious things about the forum and its members to me that I was too new to realize

elfinchild is a mix of a little girl who's probably still happy to receive candy and look at rainbows and a grown up lady who can give practical advice on life Her ability to figure out some of wildcat's threads immediatly when it takes me something like a day of thinking shocks and amazes me (and makes me feel really dumb! ) Glad that you joined!

Recoleta underestimates how interesting she is She tends to phrase things rather quietly but the subject matter is really quite fascinating- I really wish that she posted more because I like to read her posts she is enviably organized, in her posting and thinking style and aparently in where she puts her shoes She definitly challenges the idea that SJs don't have an interest in other cultures or travel! I actually beleive she'd be a fun travel partner!

The Sponge is indeed the Martin to my Lewis he hates many things that I do, but I'm always impressed by his ability not to condemn me and to express concern as opposed to stern disapproval He may be good at developing prejudices against things and types, but he is willing to set them aside and be nice to a person despite that, which I think says something to his openmindedness about people! He even lets us call him spongie and played along at one point by making an alternate avatar Like a stern grandpa who warms up and plays with his grandkids in a way

enough thinking for the moment!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

I agree Seanan, which is why I can't help thinking that if people don't feel accepted or welcome then it's either a) just paranoia and in fact they are well loved and accepted, just don't realize it or b) because they just haven't really tried.

I suspect that point A applies in the majority of cases... as it did in mine not so long ago...

I have been thinking of other people to analyze, but I haven't the time to really do them justice. I'd like to pause though and say that whatever is awesome, just freakin' awesome - someone who makes me smile just to think about them, with no complications or reservations. 90% of people I know or deal with in any capacity give me a feeling like I have to censor myself and sorta put on kidgloves of varying thicknesses, but have to wear them nonetheless. But whatever isn't one of those people, she's in the rare and precious few who I feel completely free to be myself with, without having to worry that I could be picked up by an angry lynch mob any moment and tarred and feathered for something I didn't even know I either did, or that it was wrong! She's an incredibly relaxing person to know. I absolutely love the combo of straightforwardness and subtlety, simplicity and complexity. She rocks. And ESTP's are about the only type apart from fellow ENTP's who never say "Can't you ever calm down or switch off ffs? You're wearing me out!" whatever's a perfect example of this - a person I don't have to feel like talking to them is a delicate marriage of walking on eggshells and feeling like I've been needing to go to the bathroom for the last 12 hours but there's a gun pointing at my head that will go off if I relieve myself!!

edit - and I suspect her reckless usage of smileys is done quite deliberately and indeed, defiantly. And I dig that!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

I also wanna say some good stuff about FMWarner, INTJMom, Jennifer, PinkPiranha, Maverick, runvardh, Nightning and aelan, but in case I never get round to it, I want it on record that I intended to!

edit - and Sandy and Varelse too!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    And Uber... um, I'm not sure whether that last part is a compliment or not, but the first part seems like one so I'll just say thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I also wanna say some good stuff about FMWarner, INTJMom, Jennifer, PinkPiranha, Maverick, runvardh, Nightning and aelan, but in case I never get round to it, I want it on record that I intended to!
    Oh and that was a compliment. (I like Q.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Shit yeah, you too Uber. You're one who's really grown on me lately, but I always found you interesting if not as likeable as recently. But I already gave a microanalysis of your hairstyle, what more could you want?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Sub- you made me kinna want to cry thank you!

thank you all! I'm sorry that I'm not really eloquent enough to really express my thoughts
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Thanks, Whatever.

I'm glad that your description was positive but also realistic.
    I know I'm not perfect in other peoples' eyes, but you mentioned the kind of things I'd like to be mentioned about me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh yeah the other thing I wanted to say about whatever is that ever since she had Captain Haddock for her avatar, I haven't been able to help noticing how like him she is

Y'know, like he has all these awesome and incredibly diverse experiences, but never because he's looking for them or consciously seeking them - he just sorta falls into them and finds himself thinking "Oh crap!" and trying to get out of them, before falling into another one right after that. And he wonders, and we wonder, how he always manages to get into those situations, but he does and all we can do is stand in awe and laugh as he shouts "Billions of blistering blue barnacles!" once more, knowing he's loving every minute of it!