User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    And thanks, Magic. Schoolteacher sounds.. wrong, but thanks.
    Haha.
    It's not, it's not!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

I would like to make a short tribute to Athenian200. Athenian puts a lot of time and effort into her communications with others. Her opinionatedness coupled with her emotional reserve tends to make most of us forget she is quite sensitive, and we in turn trample over her feelings. Initially, I thought she was truly removed from her emotions when dealing with people she is not very close to, but now I see that she is more delicate than I had imagined, and I will respect this newfound information from here forward. I think she is very smart and I always read her posts. She has a unique interpretation of things and offers perspective that I find useful and beneficial to most subjects discussed on this board. I find it endearing how she always checks up with the person she's explaining a concept to with questions like "Do you follow?". She is patient and goes to great lengths to teach others. I don't know how to wrap this little analysis up, but, in short--Athenian has my respect.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Substitute: He is certainly not the stereotype of the dogmatic Christian evangelist. On the contrary, he is extremely open-minded and has an uncanny ability to see and understand other people's perspectives. This makes him intellectually adaptable to the point of having multiple personalities, and that's probably why he identifies so much with Q.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Can anyone analyze a noob like me? How many posts/subjects do you think it takes to be able to do that?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does a psychoanalyst analyze psychos?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

seanan- I'm working on thinking more!

what I do know is that you're a very pleasant noob who has been willing to jump right in and interact with the old folks quite well! You appear to be curious, about both facts and people (you even read my blog! ), and both nice and polite towards the people who you interact with! I think that the way that you jumped in shows some definite balls on your part!

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Can anyone analyze a noob like me? How many posts/subjects do you think it takes to be able to do that?
    I will try since I lured you into our clutches.

Seanen joined INTPc a little while back and after reading a few of her posts, I had a good feeling about her. She sounded as if she had that ever-elusive treasure I like to call 'sense.' When I saw her getting her figurative balls busted in her intro thread over there because she dared not to be 20 years old, I couldn't believe our good luck. I felt as though her experience would make a great contribution to our forum, so I shamelessly attempted to steal her. Seanen has the balanced perspective of an INTP who has lived and when I say lived, I don't mean in her mother's basement all by herself. She is a considerate, but no-nonsense person and though she's still a noob around here, I think she, like many of our other members who have lived a little, has a lot of perspective to offer.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah whatever I agree, Seanan's willingness to dive right in... well I don't want to be using things as digs at people and stuff, but it does tend to undermine this idea that there's an in crowd that noobs feel intimidated by and excluded from... here we have one introvert, new to the scene, and managing to fit right in simply by joining in and interacting and being instantly accepted. I think it says something good both about Seanan and the community here.

And Uber... um, I'm not sure whether that last part is a compliment or not, but the first part seems like one so I'll just say thanks!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, she psyches out analysts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft