5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    He is my touchstone in life.
    This is my touchstone in life:

MBTI
    INFP

Anything I say just wouldn't do justice to the extent of my gratitude.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    This is my touchstone in life:

Hey if that rubs you the right way then I think you should embrace it.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Hey if that rubs you the right way then I think you should embrace it.
    Well, it does appear to be a ball scratcher of some sort!

Okay, back on topic!

Dana, please say something!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You're more of an attention whore than I am and that's saying something. In fact I haven't come across a person such as yourself online in years! That being said despite my negative first impressions of you, you're an alright guy with quite a remarkable sense of humor, which in this day and age is a rarity!

Oh yeah and never underestimate an NF.
    Puh-lease!

You had a negative first impression of me, eh? In te res ting... I'm nicer in real life in relationships to people in my family once you get to know me at INTPc to British people to dogs.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Alcearos has to be one of the nicest people here- she always thinks to check in on other people's blogs and comment, which really actually makes me feel kind of special that someone would read that You're incredibly nice, but not in the sickly sweet cotton candy way that is a turn off and you're so friendly! I love how you have special affinities for certain emoticons like :horor: and enjoy finding a good excuse to place them in your posts And your mouse and the way that you want it gone but don't want to hurt it both cracks me up and illustrates the fact that you're a genuinely nice person, an animal lover and you can make every day things seem rather funny!

CzeCze if you ever have a talk show I'm going to have to watch it every day! You'd give Oprah a run for her money! You are hillarious- you tell some of the most off the wall stories and I have to wonder where they're going until you hit the end and wrap it up perfectly to make an excellent point! I love you're Aunt CzeCze advice as well! You MUST start a talk show- and I think you'd be fun to go out on the town with for an evening!

Jen is very fun- she seems to really enjoy this site and do her best to add some levity to it! She's good at commenting on people's posts and knows an incredible number of pop culture references (which I find to be awesome!) She's a girls girl- she loves to give out advice on makeup and is very supportive of the rest of us here- whether openly or behind the scenes- but she's also quite good about playing with the guys Look forward to seeing you in June!

Uber terrified me at first! :horor: being someone that the Nazis probably would have loved to eliminate I wondered if I'd actually stumbled across a Nazi youth! After a while I warmed up to him though- he's not a bad guy really, he just has a really off the wall sense of humor! I think that he's really actually a nice guy, despite some of the insults he enjoys throwing around, and is really shy and isn't always quite sure how to relate to people He seems to know a lot and enjoy playing with words- which he's quite good at! Probably would be a lot of fun to watch the Oscars with!

Substitute manages to mix deadly seriousness with being able to tell a great story and joke really well! For some odd reason I was convinced that he hated me at first but I realize now that I don't think that Sub could ever really hate anyone- he's too curious and wants to understand people! You have a great mind- you like to learn about everything and seem to try and get the most out of life that you can, no matter what cards you've been dealt. If you're ever in the Midwest tell me- I'd love to buy you a drink and chat- you've got to be one of the world's most interesting people and greatest conversational partner!

Runvardh was one of the first people here I got to know- his INFPishness has always confused me somehow and the fact that he processes new information in a manner completely differently than I do- but he's a really nice guy- the type who gets stuck listening to some drunk idiot blather on and would give them a shoulder to cry on and help them home even though he had never met them before! Sad not to see you around as much as you used to be you were always so good at quietly wandering in and leaving a nice post for us!

Edahn is someone I can totally beleive went to law school. He's an odd mix of frat boyishness sex references and hitting on girls and an almost unshakable beleif in his own logic. If he didn't hate my posts so much he'd probably be fun to innocently flirt with!

Jennifer you have the most delightfully vicious and intelligent sense of humor! You can cut someone down in a single line and that is IMPRESSIVE! (I'm jealous ) I've always known that I could ask you any questions or advice about the site and such... you seem so approachable that way. Thanks for listening to me about things and helping out! I'm always impressed by her ability to balance her own busy and chaotic life with being here on this site and listening to other people's troubles and giving advice- there's a lot I have to thank you for

Wildcat is probably the most fascinating person here- I love the way that he tells interesting little stories (which you can learn from in themselves) in the process of forcing me to think- he seems to look at things from a completely different way! He's well traveled and very well read- he's curious about the world around him and he's also curious about the world within his and others' minds. There is an old spanish painting in the art museum that I always stop and look at every time I've gone- I could stare at it for hours on end- it fascinates me- but I don't understand quite what's going on in the painting and there's no explanation given- the painter seems to want for you to guess what it is for yourself- and I can never quite figure it out. That's you Wildcat!

Dana you're awesome and you'll never beleive me when I tell you that. You're smart, you're thoughtful, you're insightful and you understand intellectual topics so naturally that I'm quite jealous of you I love your posts because it shows so well that you really THINK and look at people's brains! You're a smart girl and a nice girl and I really wish that you'd beleive me when I tell you that!

Cascademn you seem to know what you want out of life and how to get it. You don't post as rabidly as I do, but in overall post quality average you beat me out hands down. If I could be anyone else on this site I'd be you

and more later!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i dont think it is really possible to get to someone's "real essence" so easily... and therein lies my issue with making the type of conclusions that were made here. when someone answers a math question when a significant portion of it is erased, you have to wonder how accurate the answer is.
    It depends on how much of the equation you have, where the holes of information are, what other equations you have already seen that seem to match up "pattern" wise, and so on....

So I don't disagree with you in general -- there is definitely potential for mishap, especially depending on how "significant [missing piece]" is defined -- but it's not impossible to reasonably interpolate what the equation could be depending on what data you do have.

(Put another way, you can still see the form and shape of someone even if you can't make out all the details. Sometimes details even make it harder to see the person.)

So ... we have both sort of said something without really saying anything. [We'd probably have to discuss specific examples to clarify things.]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It depends on how much of the equation you have, where the holes of information are, what other equations you have already seen that seem to match up "pattern" wise, and so on....

So I don't disagree with you in general -- there is definitely potential for mishap, especially depending on how "significant [missing piece]" is defined -- but it's not impossible to reasonably interpolate what the equation could be depending on what data you do have.

(Put another way, you can still see the form and shape of someone even if you can't make out all the details. Sometimes details even make it harder to see the person.)

So ... we have both sort of said something without really saying anything. [We'd probably have to discuss specific examples to clarify things.]
    the tinge of self definition in the words one says comes from one's perception of themself. this is, by nature, prone to inaccuracy... the eyes can see out but not in, and reflection is prone to the same limits of the perception we have of others... the limits of interpretation and whatever indications one picks up about the brain of the person that the mouth and fingers are connected to.

words are a choice of words, as easy as the movement of the lips, the tongue, the vocal cords required to form them. or in this case, the typing. without seeing the translation and rate of exchange for actions that hold the water of someone's character, we can't know their value.

just as much as the internet is devoid of the visual representation of a person is it devoid of their actions outside of the choice to participate.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Cascademn you seem to know what you want out of life and how to get it. You don't post as rabidly as I do, but in overall post quality average you beat me out hands down. If I could be anyone else on this site I'd be you
    This means a LOT. Wow. I'm flattered. Thank you so much!

(oh...and yes, I know a certain amount of what I want in life, and once I know, I DO know how to get it, but there are many unknowns too)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Cafe: I love the nicknames you use for your children. Someone else does that: Ivy, I think. "Thing 2 forgot his lunchbox today..." "Starfire." I love that. I like the things you share in your blog. The few times I have looked in on it, I've enjoyed the time spent there. I like how open you are about your problems. Some of your problems make me laugh in sympathy and sigh in exasperation at the same time.

Cascademn: You're so gentle and sweet-hearted. I'm flattered you even bother to read my journal. I appreciate your input in my journal, have always like your username, and am glad we seem to agree on at least a few things I consider very important! Thank you. I'm always comforted by your support and your input. I appreciate the feedback, too. Tell me if you ever disagree, because I love your opinions!

Antireconciler: There are quite a few things I could say about you. I suppose I've gotten to know you better than anyone else on this site, despite the fact that you're kind of new and you're not the only person I've talked to in pms. When I read the first post in your journal, I was immediately drawn to you, because it sounded so much like how I felt inside. After our initial misunderstanding, in which I thought you were patronizing me, I got to know a passionate and deeply wise and intellectual side of you, in private, that I am so honored to have seen. Your innocence, intelligence, optimism, and compassion all make you, you, and make you someone I like.

I love our rapport. I can't say it enough. Maybe I'm being a Johnny-one-note about it, but I love talking with you.

I can see how deeply you empathize with people and their human foibles. I've said this before, that I see so much potential in you, so much ability, so much conviction and strength. Strength. That's the word. You know the character you most remind me of? Ashitaka, perhaps, from Princess Mononoke. His life was shit. Cursed with a mark that would devour his flesh and bones and kill him in a slow and agonizing way; mistrusted by the people of Iron Town; laughed at by Lady Eboshi; hated by San and the wolf tribe; shot; threatened; all alone in a strange land. He had nothing to live for. He could never go home. No one cared about him. All, for him, seemed lost, and YET - he never quite gave up. He saw beauty in people and in himself. He believed that nothing was lost as long as he was still alive. I see the same fire in you, the same passion and compassion. He picked himself up, and you do the same.

FMWarner: You are so intelligent and kind. Talk about chutzpah. Who wouldn't admire you for following your dream as you do? Your chutzpah is the shit. You have a deep and wise picture of the world; impartial; kind; empathetic; damn I didn't deserve any of the encouragement you've given me so far, but I really appreciate it. You're rational but compassionate, humble and earthy. Funny! Judicial. You're not afraid to enter a thread with your well thought out and well-explained opinion, with your worldly wisdom, even if it is one of marked disagreement with the person you're responding to. You're gentle, and cool, and that is what I like about you, FM.

Ah, Whatever... You are so passionate and full of energy. I'm sure everyone says that about you. You're also humble, and I find that endearing. Unafraid to admit to your human foibles, or perhaps afraid but brave enough to go through with it anyway, you hold nothing back, from what I can see. Your jovial sense of humor is pretty good at breaking the ice and restoring looseness to a situation. I don't know why you'd ever believe you might not be wanted here. You probably have ten times the rep of anyone else! I also like that you accept your selfishness as a good thing. I LOVE that about you! High fucking five!
    Last edited by Mempy; 02-22-2008 at 06:48 PM.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love