User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Usehername is a member whose path I may have not crossed had she not been kind enough to enter my usually boring blog and offer some excellent advice and help in response to the mention of our son in another thread. Ueshername, I deeply appreciate your concern and will long remember your kindness in a time where I was most confused as to what to do.

Jennifer is a member who I first met at INTPc in the sexiest man thread where I choose Sir Ian McKellen as I "ideal" man. In true INTP fashion she dissected my words and irritated the hell outta me! I stalked her here at MBTIc and found more information that I had expected, but she has warmed my heart and has been very supportive of me which I will never forget. I sincerely wish you nothing but happiness in life and am glad to call you my friend.

Uber unless you are putting on one hell of an act, I don't find you to be as bad as I once did. I appreciate your honesty and find myself smirking at quite a few of your posts. I hope you're not a threat to yourself and others as I see potential in you that people irl may not have bothered to notice. I am glad you have MBTIc as a place of refuge and that you seem to feel comfortable enough to know that we're here for you if you need us.

Substitute I honestly like you but sadly I don't think the feeling is mutual. I admire your kindness, spirit and bravery and will always remember that picture of you sitting on your couch with the sun pouring in behind you while you're drinking a cup of coffee.

More later.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    developer - thank you for that rather flattering analysis! I have to say that in the past when people have described me they've also tended to focus on the 'intelligent and educated' angle, which whilst being nice, I have to say sometimes I feel a bit disappointed in myself because for many years it's been more important to me to be a GOOD person, than a SMART person, and I had hoped to hear some encouraging words to make me think I've been getting somewhere on the integrity, honour, compassion and patience front, sorta thing!!
    I see your point, but don't worry: you ARE a good person, and it is evident where your travel is taking you. Yet, if I asked you to describe Kobe Bryant, your first few remarks would probably revolve about him being very tall, dark skinned, and playing good basketball, because that is what makes him stand out in a crowd from afar - and the same thing is true for you and your intelligence.

As famous writers go, I would be thinking more about Francis Bacon than Lord Byron, but then I am not an expert in that field.

MBTI
    ENTP

Wow developer, that's some compliment!

I never thought Byron was very me either. Cervantes, maybe... heh.

Now, Jen is a very interesting person. She's great to chat with in the chat room - she carries her side of a conversation, she's open about her opinions and I've often discussed with her why I really have trouble seeing her as an introvert or a J of any kind. But her type is irrelevant, she is who she is, and that's a very warm person with an amazing capacity to care and to reach out. She comes over to me as extremely genuine and always willing to give and to love, but she's also no sucker. She has a way of making vanity seem cute as well hahah... there are times I do a double take and think "Hang on, no wait, that is vanity, isn't it?" only, it's hard to tell, because it looks ugly on anyone else but it doesn't on her! Somehow she seems to reconcile vanity and humility in a most unexpected way which I think is why it doesn't look ugly on her as it would on anyone else.

She's a watcher-over, a shepherd of sorts, I might say. If my birthday were coming up and I felt self-conscious about starting my own birthday thread, but I was worried nobody would start one for me, you can bet it'd be Jen who probably would, if anyone. She makes it her mission to know these things and to make sure people don't get left out. She doesn't stick with her buddies and homeez and stuff either, she reaches out to everyone and she'll big up a noob just as readily as schmooz to a mod

And she's smart, too. But unlike some smart people, she doesn't wave it in your face. She lets you ramble on like a conceited intellectual, takes it in and then says "Hm, wait... what about...?" in a way that sometimes has me re-evaluating my entire worldview-in-a-teacup

Jen is Jen, she is who she is, and that quiet knowledge that that's enough, together with the acknowledgement of her need to be loved and appreciated, and her willingness to be open and vulnerable, are things that make her a special and wonderful person as far as I'm concerned. I've always got time for Jen and I trust both her words and her motives. She's one of the few people I can just feel relaxed about, I don't feel like knowing her is a case of head games and guessing games. I don't need to worry about her taking things I say the wrong way, and I know she'd never stab me in the back. If someone PM'ed her saying they hated me, I'm sure she'd listen to them and stuff but at the same time, I trust her to put across my POV and not to support idly gossip or bitching about me behind my back.

edit - just read your edit Jen and see, you were wrong!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Sub, you've moved me to tears.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Heheh, you know my birthday's coming up, right?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default 10!

Athenian:

One of the first to welcome me on the forum. I feel you as someone who strives for precision in expression. I think you read and think through all your posts before posting. The feel is that you tend to seek to block out emotions, though you do care deeply?

You express it in terms of clear-eyed advice or concerned questions which do make me (and probably whatever ) stop and think. At times it feels like a bucket of cold water, and irritates me, but if I stop, I do appreciate that alternate view point that cuts through my selfabsorption.

Security and safety matters a lot to you, but I do hope as you mature, you'll also learn that it is ok not to be perfect, and it is impossible to be safe all the time, and you'll learn to open up more IRL too. There's an increasing sense of fun about you and humour that is lovely to see. You're not as robotic as you set out to be.

Raincrow007

An INTP who has distanced herself from that Ti loop somewhat, in that you're willing to listen to others. Experiences and willing to share selectively, which was a great help to me. All I can say is, "gracias".

Sharp insights and witty repartees makes chats fun, and that ability to go deep makes the connection for me.

Carebear

Evil rabble-rouser with a way with words and images. You hide your self-doubt very well. I think there're very few you trust. But you've made your peace with most things in your life.

Jennifer

You burn with a white pain. I don't know how else to describe it. Choices are hard, but sometimes, I feel it is the closure of possibilities that hit you harder than the possibilities themselves. Most of your battles are fought in your own head, where they're likely 10 times worse than in reality. Just wanted to say that pain is inevitable in life, but suffering is optional, to steal a quote from

Dana.

Besides intelligent. Warm. Knows when to cut loss, when to give someone a second chance. But does not trust herself easily too. Emotional distances a little hard for you to navigate, isn't it?

Runvardh

I think sex with you would be great.

Varelse

An INTP who's still young I feel, making your way slowly. A kindness about you that leads to you being taken advantaged of though. It is a mix of fragile strength that derives from a strong pride, and a soft heart. Difficult to navigate that, but I hope you will manage it.

Sub

There's a sense that no matter how much I know about you, I'll never really know you. You're like a memory palace, doors stretching across different kingdoms and spaces, places, faces. Yours is a vibe I'm not able to place accurately. I feel too young to know you, in a funny way. Not sure if this is clear.

wildcat

Nothing but thanks to you. A crypticness and a wry sense of humour, and kindness. But sharp. Your posts where you took digs at some folks made me chortle while at work. I have fun trying to figure out your posts, and I must say I look forward to reading all of them, though I may not respond.

Cze

Seems incoherent, but points are in reality, clear. Stream of consciousness style. Caring, but tolerates little nonsense and self-pity. Someone I can count on to give me the kick in the ass I need. Cze, you're right that this thread could end up self-rubbing, or critical character asassination, but in reality, I think members know how to put the good with the bad, mostly.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan
    Emotional distances a little hard for you to navigate, isn't it?
    That pretty much sums it up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm so glad this thread turned into a circle jerk. I was starting to get worried about you guys.

Athenian - Sometimes I think you might really be a robot. You kinda wigged out with the reputation system, and since then, I've read your posts differently. In your defense, INFJs are my favorite type and I think we'd probably get along pretty well and have some good conversations.

CzeCze - You have great energy and spunk. I think you're deep, too.

Uber - Why does everyone talk about you all the time? I don't get it.

Pink - I love arguing with you and miss ya. You're bursting with intensity and fire, and determination. Sometimes it seems to wear you out.

Aelan - Your avatar is hot. I like watching your mind organize its thoughts. You have good things to say, but I wish your posts were a little more concise so as to accommodate my fleeting attention.

NFs - I'm glad you care about people, but I think you need to strategize more. Always lifting people up and telling them that they're great isn't always the best way to help a person develop. Complimenting people when they're down, in my experience, only temporarily abates the needy cries for attention and affection and usually serves to reinforce it. Being a leader and moving forward with determination sometimes helps too, and that takes a certain degree of dismissal (and sometimes humor).

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Edahn is probably the only one who I'd say is as clever as I am. When I first joined INTPc, (probably a month after he did) he had "your signature +1"

Most of what he said about himself is stuff I'd say about him. He doest sound like he spends a bit too much time trying to figure himself out (a hopeless endeavor, I imagine). He's inconsistent. Good for him. Now that he's confessed his introspection, I'd like to advance on my speculations.

Because of the aforementioned inconsistency, his efforts are unyielding. That sentence can be read two ways, by design. In fact, I conjecture that somewhere in the back of his mind in his unconscious (forgive me Freud, for I have sinned), he's INTENTIONALLY changing his behavior, now that he's set on an internal voyage whose directive is mapping the scape. As he discovers new land, what plots he thought he'd correctly drawn morphs as the tectonic plates beneath them shift.

Essentially, I aim to say that he doesn't quite look deeply enough to find what he thinks (on the surface) he's looking for. Those plates are the true core of the map. Without them land cannot even exist, but his above-sea-level mapping is enough of an entertainment, but if he honestly expects to 'get serious' he'll have to take measures to cool the magma and cork the geysers to keep them in place.

This is probably intentional as it would, presumably, be no fun if he had finally

Sorry for the extended metaphor. It worked. I think I'm turning into Night...
    I was thinking to myself...is this Night? Haha...

Thanks for your honesty! I'll give it some thought.

MBTI
    ENTP

Wow aelan... you're not the first to call me an old soul... haha. I'd say in reality probably most people are too young to know me, in that to understand the world most of my viewpoints come from or are influenced by you'd need to either be Jacques le Goff or over 900 years old!

It's funny though how age doesn't equal maturity... I've known the odd 'old soul' type, but it's funny how that sorta intuititional age doesn't seem to go hand in hand with the maturity one'd expect to go with it! Doesn't with me anyway, for certain... haha

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post

Aelan - Your avatar is hot. I like watching your mind organize its thoughts. You have good things to say, but I wish your posts were a little more concise so as to accommodate my fleeting attention.
    You'll read it if you find it worth it. Otherwise, your loss.