User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

more analyses!

Purple Chickens- your sense of humor kills me! you're so incredibly funny and I don't think that you really realize what a gift you have that way! You're incredibly self depricating and you can phrase things in a way that both manages to make me sad and laugh at the same time. I don't even WANT to laugh at something that makes me sad! You're just that good! I know that you don't enjoy school and have some issues with your friends- it makes me want to beat them up for not appreciating you... I don't think that you realize exactly who and what you are yet, but I really look forward to the day that you do!

athenian200- you actually never fail to make me smile! You're so worried for other people and the dangers that they may get themselves into- and I love that about you! You're always there to help people and give good advice- and you take interest in the wellbeing of both the forum and it's members! I would willingly give up a few toes or maybe even a finger or two to be half as good about things like that as you are You delight me by being so different than me in some ways (you think before acting, you have a rather different view of humanity than I do, you're considerably more reserved than am) but so similar in others (really... I didn't know that anyone else was half as concerned about getting a seat near the door as I am! )! You have a nice sense of humor, but we just see it in flashes

Jae Rae- you've got to be the world's coolest mom! You're so thoughtful and you're so curious about different things- you want to understand what people say better. You are well read and give me good advice on what to read myself you are nice and polite and I don't think I've ever seen you lose your temper and snip at someone (something that I'm kind of jealous of you for ) All around I'm glad that I know you- I always read your posts because they are well thought out and well phrased- and you have a certain sense of innocence about you that really makes me happy!

Kiddo- you manage to combine innocence with experience and curiosity with stubbornness in a way that's both confusing and yet somehow delightful at the same time the way that you'd confess to something and then blush, or insist on arguing out a point until the cows are at home and go to sleep but still keep asking the other person questions always makes me laugh because something about it is rather contradictory in some way I definitly admire the fact that you really care about things though and you're willing to stick with what you beleive without compromising it no matter how many posts you have to devote to it! You're also very curious about things- you definitly start some of the most controversial threads here, but it isn't for the sake of sowing conflict- it's out of curiosity! and you're definitly one of the slipperyist people here

(you too athenian- INFJs.... )

Heart- I'm SO glad that you can post again! You're curious, you're passionate about things and you know so much about a variety of topics! I hope I know half as much as you do some day! I love your style of posting and you've given me some really good advice since you returned here- I love how you're interested in other people and a variety of ideas- you seem to know what you beleive but are still curious as to how others think! I'd buy you a nice cup of tea and chat with you any day... we'd get so off topic!

more later- it's after 1am here!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    GONE

I realize why threads like this and "would you date?" threads make me uncomfortable and sometimes displeased. I always wonder how face-value to take things and how honest (some) people are being. Then on the flip, how cavalier other people are being.

Questions about 'truth' hit very close to me and I don't like uneven/unfair/unhelpful group dynamics when it comes to ostensibly helping. I'm also sensitive to how 'mean' anything labelled as 'truth' can seem.

Basically, I usually find dynamics in situations like this to be very one-sided. There is always an agenda other than the free flowing of 'truth' and my Ne feelers go nuts telling me there's something between the lines and unsaid rules which I don't agree with. People who really need a swift kick in the pants rarely get it and other people get unfairly picked on. Or else I feel like I'm walking into a private conversation and all the participants are patting themselves on the backs drinking the kool-aid and I wanna just bust in, shake someone about the shoulders and yell, 'This is reality paging you! Snap out of it!'

I feel like there are secret police giving me dirty looks to just go along with the party because what I really want to say would be inconvenient to them.

I know this is reflective of my real world experience as well. I've seen way too many nutty and dysfunctional and hopeless people continue being nutty, dysfunctional, and hopeless because no one has ever cared enough to point out the obvious to them. Or else people intentionally or not coddle them and keep them in a state of mental, emotional, and social retardation.

It doesn't even have to be that deep -- look at all the rejects on American Idol who are so very very very clearly incredibly painfully humiliatingly bad -- and clueless about it!

Also, just because something is your truth, it doesn't mean it is the truth. This is where the arguments arise. Your assessment of another often tells more about you than them, especially given the limited scope of an online forum. Except when your assessment is spot-on...and mine usually are

Having said that, I'm going to continue munching on popcorn here.

But, to no one in particular -- I'm watching you!

In fact, I'm Geoff's right hand man. Any below the belt punches and my might index finger will come out and give you the "No-no-no!' finger wagging of a lifetime!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I realize why threads like this and "would you date?" threads make me uncomfortable and sometimes displeased. I always wonder how face-value to take things and how honest (some) people are being. Then on the flip, how cavalier other people are being.

Questions about 'truth' hit very close to me and I don't like uneven/unfair/unhelpful group dynamics when it comes to ostensibly helping. I'm also sensitive to how 'mean' anything labelled as 'truth' can seem.

Basically, I usually find dynamics in situations like this to be very one-sided. There is always an agenda other than the free flowing of 'truth' and my Ne feelers go nuts telling me there's something between the lines and unsaid rules which I don't agree with. People who really need a swift kick in the pants rarely get it and other people get unfairly picked on. Or else I feel like I'm walking into a private conversation and all the participants are patting themselves on the backs drinking the kool-aid and I wanna just bust in, shake someone about the shoulders and yell, 'This is reality paging you! Snap out of it!'

I feel like there are secret police giving me dirty looks to just go along with the party because what I really want to say would be inconvenient to them.

I know this is reflective of my real world experience as well. I've seen way too many nutty and dysfunctional and hopeless people continue being nutty, dysfunctional, and hopeless because no one has ever cared enough to point out the obvious to them. Or else people intentionally or not coddle them and keep them in a state of mental, emotional, and social retardation.

It doesn't even have to be that deep -- look at all the rejects on American Idol who are so very very very clearly incredibly painfully humiliatingly bad -- and clueless about it!

Also, just because something is your truth, it doesn't mean it is the truth. This is where the arguments arise. Your assessment of another often tells more about you than them, especially given the limited scope of an online forum. Except when your assessment is spot-on...and mine usually are

Having said that, I'm going to continue munching on popcorn here.

But, to no one in particular -- I'm watching you!

In fact, I'm Geoff's right hand man. Any below the belt punches and my might index finger will come out and give you the "No-no-no!' finger wagging of a lifetime!

Well, not only are you my right hand man in terms of waggling fingers, you just echo'd exactly how I feel about this thread! You pretty much wrote word for word my reaction.... spooky!

MBTI
    GONE

^^ Kekeke, just don't look behind you.

Boo!

Are you also NF?

Glad to know we are on the same page! This is gonna be fun! I'm totally gonna be a tattle-tale and ride beside you as your esteemed Squire of Finger Wagging.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Whatever: Just like I expected ESTP to be. Funny, lively and just great personality with intelligence!

Pink: Really warm and lovely personality. I hope she gets back soon.

JAVO: I really appreciate him and him being NT in NF's clothes.

Heart: I like her. She seems really nice.

Ivy: I really like his blog titles and him being very helpful madmin! (Thanks again. )

Jen: Very considerate person with lots of fun qualities.

cascademn: She seems very sweet, likeable and nice person.

Uber: I first thought of him: What the...? But then I started to notice sarcastic humor which very much reminds me of the ISTP humor I get to hear daily. These days I find Uber mostly entertaining.

Geoff: Nice person with interesting posts and funny blog.

Aelan: Very entertaining person!

mippus: Seems very nice person and good sense of humor. I appreciate it.

Czecze: Lots of good and interesting post. ENFP's are great, of course!

I'll have probably more things to say about more people but now my brain is empty...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Uber: I first thought of him: What the...? But then I started to notice sarcastic humor which very much reminds me of the ISTP humor I get to hear daily. These days I find Uber mostly entertaining.
    I'm not an ISTP, though!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm not an ISTP, though!
    I know but your sense of humor is very close to the humor of the ISTP living under the same roof as I am. (It's the same reaction I get; first it shocks me then I see the sarcasm through. )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I know but your sense of humor is very close to the humor of the ISTP living under the same roof as I am. (It's the same reaction I get; first it shocks me then I see the sarcasm through. )
    The INTJs and the ISTPs here both seem sarcastic, while the INTPs and the ISTJs seem to be more dry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'm not an ISTP, though!
    The INTJs and the ISTPs here both seem sarcastic, while the INTPs and the ISTJs seem to be more dry.
    Yes, you're right.
    Sometimes I do suspect that the ISTP I know is in fact INTJ.

I'll add here more member analyses:

Wildcat: Always different view of looking at things. It's sometimes hard to undrestand the posts of Wildcat (for me anyway) but still the post are interestingly so different. Wildcat seems very deep and thoughtful person.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Why are you always in my head?

It's a hard balance in threads like this not to get nasty and have people take offense which then swings the pendulum in the other direction and people are drowning in a river of syrupy gook.

CzeCze: It makes me that you recently left DC because if we'd ever had a chance to meet we'd be the Ambiguously Gay ENF Ethnic Duo. I can tell we would've have scads of fun together jackin fools for their Lacoste in G'town, defacing monuments, telling the Powers That Be to chill the fuck out and do something, and shopping at MAC.

What I like about you is you're political. I'm political. Not political in the sense that you know about traditional politics, but that you're aware of social and power dynamics, politicking, and the trickery and deceit that naturally arises from this. You're a true NF, not because of liberal wubbie usage and the "Aww, I'm so sorry" empty trite that passes for NFness round these parts. You stand out to me because so many people here give me the impression that they're not aware of this. I don't know if I'm correct in my perception or not, but that's the way it seems to me. You get into the nitty gritty of people's problems and aren't afraid to tackle all the shit that's frothing out. You recognize the complexity of situations and you're not afraid to say it, but you do it in such a way that's proactive and hopeful. I don't think you're the type of person that would give a person blind support just cause you're they're friend. You'd be a TRUE friend and tell the ugly/beautiful truth. I like your whole conversational style, it's unpretentious, sincere, and packs a wallop.

The way your process your thoughts is quite similar to me. Maybe that's why I like you because you seem like me?! I'd so do me. So then we come full circle back to the Ambiguously Gay ENF Ethnic Duo. I do hereby bequeath with my Sombrero of Honor. Wear it proudly.

Next time, I'll do a Roast!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3