First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So I have a question, I was wondering what people thought of me, I'll try to come up with something for most of you but the problem is unless I hate the person I have a hard time thinking of something to say accept. I like you.
    So if I write one about you and you respond by saying that you "like" me, I'll know you really hate me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    So if I write one about you and you respond by saying that you "like" me, I'll know you really hate me.
    no if i say "I like you" mean's I like you and that I would so consider risking my life to meet you in person . besides if I hated you I wouldn't be responding.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Jen should write one about me because I'm not easily offended!

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Edahn is probably the only one who I'd say is as clever as I am. When I first joined INTPc, (probably a month after he did) he had "your signature +1"

Most of what he said about himself is stuff I'd say about him. He doest sound like he spends a bit too much time trying to figure himself out (a hopeless endeavor, I imagine). He's inconsistent. Good for him. Now that he's confessed his introspection, I'd like to advance on my speculations.

Because of the aforementioned inconsistency, his efforts are unyielding. That sentence can be read two ways, by design. In fact, I conjecture that somewhere in the back of his mind in his unconscious (forgive me Freud, for I have sinned), he's INTENTIONALLY changing his behavior, now that he's set on an internal voyage whose directive is mapping the scape. As he discovers new land, what plots he thought he'd correctly drawn morphs as the tectonic plates beneath them shift.

Essentially, I aim to say that he doesn't quite look deeply enough to find what he thinks (on the surface) he's looking for. Those plates are the true core of the map. Without them land cannot even exist, but his above-sea-level mapping is enough of an entertainment, but if he honestly expects to 'get serious' he'll have to take measures to cool the magma and cork the geysers to keep them in place.

This is probably intentional as it would, presumably, be no fun if he had finally

Sorry for the extended metaphor. It worked. I think I'm turning into Night...
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

These things always make me a little nervous because I feel so inadequate at putting my thoughts and feelings into words. But I'll try.

Jen is a good soul. She is kind and strong and lively and lovely and smart. She's devoted to her family without loosing her sense of self. She knows what she thinks and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers. She tolerates my cussed opinionatedness and biting sense of humor like only old friends have ever done irl. She is the kind of person I'd want with me if I ever decided to go on a cross-country, hell-raising, crime and shopping spree or go out for a nice cup of coffee. A rare kindred spirit.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

nocapszy is an interesting fellow. He is not in tune with his emotions or those of people around him, but he is friendlier than he might like to admit. He is about as logical as they come but his aggressive nature makes him hard to love for most people. This stems from what I find to be a very wild yet controlled style of thinking that shows in every part of his life. He is animated like a cartoon character, think the tasmanian devil from looney tunes or jack sparrow from pirates (wild and clever). His extreme open-ness is a gift to all those he meets and befriends, makign him an extremely good listener, coupled with his logical skills, a great problem solver and helper. Once again, he might not like to admit his humanitarian efforts (at least for close friends). My favorite part of his character is the comedy in his nature when observing him. His wild and enthusiastic behavior, coupled with his confidence and logic make him the ultimate cartoon character you can actually meet. Of course, most people however, will find him unbearable or overpowering, but that is their own loss. With nocaps, you quite literally get what you see, take it or leave it.

MBTI
    ENTP

GorillaGorilla learns faster than anyone I know. It's not too often you'll be able to present him with something new and expect him to latch onto it, but when you do, you can expect him to know more than you do about it within the hour. Perhaps that's an exaggeration.

If he's conferring with someone on a topic outside his knowledge, he remains humble. He discusses very little with very few about his REAL knowledge.

It's not really about paranoia, but he knows he's got some good goddamn ideas (I'm one of the few, if not only one who's heard many of them), and he knows they'd be snatched up in an instant if he told anyone. He and I bonded quite quickly in a java class (which we didn't bother much with, be it our senior year) thanks to dovetailing intellect. Perhaps more from isolation than anything else: Everyone else in the class was pretty goddamn stupid... I mean... they were PARTICULARLY dumb -- I'm shocked they were in a programming class. It was as if God had hand selected the stupidest extraverts, to bring us together.

In any event, he's always had trouble expressing himself, which is mostly due, I think to an insanely 'right brain' lifestyle. He once told me he spends almost all of his time fantasizing about beating up kids who've wronged others.

He has an immense moralizing drive, but that's not to say that they're not rational. Every one he's explained to me, he's worded in such a way that it made sense. It always makes sense. Even if he can't quite say it right, it most certainly does make sense.

He's kind of a softie, (not a wimp... believe me) and he's got many esoteric interests (typical of the IN_J anyway) in which is expertise would amaze even the pros. Alas, he has very little compulsion for actually showing off.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Gorilla's response of me is centralized around personal interaction with him, and not on my forum character. It's my presumption that the two mentalities differ.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a few I can think of right now...

Jennifer:

Very unique. Her pure analytical skills seem a little mediocre for an INTx (although I'd say she's still smarter than me), but her real-life coping and interpersonal skills seem most exceptional for an INTP. She also has an off-beat sense of humor that leaves you caught between laughing, and puzzling over what was funny about it. Her writing usually gives an odd sense that she "knows" something inexpressible that makes experiencing everything, including (perhaps especially) suffering, worthwhile, even beautiful. Although at times when the strain is too much, you can see her becoming kind of escapist, agitated and jaded, but it usually doesn't last long. She seems very vulnerable/sensitive to other people's feelings, simply because of how much information about her surroundings she absorbs and internalizes, making disharmony excruciating for her. She pulls everything in unfiltered and involuntarily. But somehow, she just... endures.

Whatever:

I was surprised that I liked her posts... I expected to dislike her because she's my shadow type. Thankfully, I was wrong. She's very impulsive and pleasure-seeking (which often gets her into trouble), but she's not greedy or cruel (which I had somehow mistakenly associated with being impulsive). In fact, she seems to have this very interesting awareness of the transitory nature of reality. She knows things are always changing, and that the same opportunities never return twice. She doesn't think about the future, because she knows that the moment is all you can be certain of having... which really makes me think about my self. One thing we both seem to have in common is a sense of choice. We both feel dissatisfied with the idea of letting life happen to us, and want to make our own choices about what we experience and/or how we should experience it (in addition to having a strong awareness that we can do so to some extent). We have an odd number of peculiar quirks in common despite the opposite nature of our general personalities. Wanting to control certain aspects of how we're perceived, being more comfortable sitting near an exit, eating things one at a time. She also seems very open to other people and ideas while still being firmly independent of them... she even has a sympathetic/compassionate streak at times, although she isn't that happy about it. Despite all of this, she has a nervous tension/paranoia inside that can make her easily alarmed by certain things, particularly realizing how dangerous something she just did really was (and can even feel badly about things she has no control over). Finally, she has a very colorful/earthy sense of humor that occasionally borders on being amusingly Machiavellian... it's always so visceral/blunt that it makes you laugh before you even consciously know why it's funny.

Uberfuhrer:

He's an example of appearances being deceiving. When I first came here, I kept wondering why everyone else wasn't trying to find the cops and stop him before something happened. I eventually realized that he was just trying to be shocking/creepy on purpose. Despite his bluntness, lack of propriety, and disrespect for authority, I get the impression that there are internal values that guide him... for instance, I think he would find it difficult to betray a friend for his own gain, and seems to have been incredibly frustrated/hurt by a world full of people who have had no difficulty betraying him. He also seems to have a personal investment in his ideas, and values uniqueness, authenticity, and creativity. He's absolutely indifferent to what most other people think of him or his values, and he makes that as clear as possible. He also has an amazing intelligence regarding his particular areas of interest.

aelan:

Mentally hyper. She seems similar to Whatever at first glance, but is actually quite different. She has this very goofy, complex randomness which actually has a coherent pattern if you know how to look for it. She offered handwriting analysis at one point, gives out random links to assessment quizzes and sources of mental/reflex stimulation, and also keeps a running list of INFJ's on this site. From this, it's clear she's interested in observing and inferring correlations between data points, and finding as many of those points as possible so as to be aware of many possible patterns. While she focuses on the experience, she observes/focuses just as much on the context and meaning as the actual event, and has a need to categorize and relate her experiences to an idea. She also seems playful and imaginative, especially in mentions of her childhood. She can be a bit risque, self-critical, and disjointed in writing, but these traits are fairly common in xNTP's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I hope no one was offended by the negative traits in their analysis. I just felt I needed to include negative as well as positive traits in order to make it more meaningful and accurate... I could think of just as many (if not more) negative things about myself if I wanted to. I hope my descriptions of your personalities were close to accurate, although my perception may be skewed a bit by my own personality/experiences.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

analysis of aelan!

as aelan pointed out- we've had plenty of interaction to do some sort of analysis of one another this makes me really happy actually, because I always look forward to reading her posts because they manage to balance well thought out and fun in a way that very few posters can completely master. I would say that aelan has given me some of the best advice whenever I've asked for it of anyone that I know- in real life or on this site- she's very good at understanding how things work (esp how social systems work) and explaining in nice simple terms what should be done about situations.

I'm dreadfully envious of her ability to reign herself in when confronted by temptations- of which she's been faced by many. I doubt that I could do as well in her shoes- in fact I doubt that most people would do as well! She's faced with a lot of tough decisions and makes the right choices.

She's also very thoughtful- she remembers things that people have posted in the past well and uses them to figure out how to comfort that person when things go wrong. She keeps connected well with those who she feels close to and is genuinely concerned about her friends! I'm very impressed by her ability to throw together hillarious and encouraging posts cobbled together from past posts and jokes that may have taken place months ago and be buried deep within the forum by now! I never really suspected that someone could remember all of the inane things that I usually post and manage to construct something that's not only coherant but also hillarious out of them!

She's also dangerously good at reading people She's good at figuring people out and behaving in the correct way to get what's best for not only her but those that she's close to. She's not an open book straight off- she's too smart for that!

I'm actually really grateful to aelan since she's one of the first people here who really made me feel welcome and that I fit in That actually means quite a bit to me- I was a pretty infrequent poster before interacting with her, and it was because of our batting back and forth of ideas and questions (and sometimes challenges) in threads that I started to post more aelan is a very welcoming person- thank you!

and I must say- certain ways that she phrases things never fail to make me smile

sorry- you did a better job you always do, but would never admit to that!

oh- and I feel closer to you and more comfortable telling you things than I do almost all of my RL friends- you don't judge harshly without knowing the situation first- thanks
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett