• Uberfuhrer

11 6.79%
  • Other

9 5.56%
First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I'm still amused by the fact that I thought Dana and Jae Rae were both dudes! In fact, I thought they were gay men...and it makes so much more sense now!
    You mean they're not? God damn it, all that work for nothing.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    You mean they're not? God damn it, all that work for nothing.
    Wait...are you a dude? And gay?

Hahahah, I'm going to check your answers Mort.

And you can join me in the 'online dating' thread I started and share your online dating adventures if you really are looking.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Wait...are you a dude? And gay?
    Check the poll results. He's an Uberfuhrer!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Check the poll results. He's an Uberfuhrer!
    *perplexed*

Life was so much easier when you could just check for a wee-wee.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ

I think Sub and Jennifer are very 'good-humored' about their transitioned/transitioning status all things considered.

And absolutely no need to apologize for 'inconveniencing' anyone..for what, your very existence?

While it shouldn't have to be your responsibility or burden to educate people on sex and gender and tell your own stories every time a topic like this comes up, I think it's very valuable for the community. We're all equal members here and have the right to be recognized.

It's also only natural that in a large group of people that you come to realize the diversity that there is in it, including diversity of personal experience and where people are coming from. It's good practice not to get too comfortable in your assumptions and about labels. Diversity is challenging, that doesn't mean it's a negative thing or an automatic buzzkill. Especially as there are folks who IRL these issues have not come up (yet) it can make them more sensitive and aware.

I don't think your contributions have 'killed' this thread. I'm still amused by the fact that I thought Dana and Jae Rae were both dudes! In fact, I thought they were gay men...and it makes so much more sense now!
    Unlike the rest of you, I didn't willingly participate in this poll, instead my name was attached to it. While I don't mind that others know my gender and if there was a place for it, I'd indicate female on the member profile, I do feel the original comment on my being mistaken for a man have opened me up to comments like this one.

Again, I feel people aren't taking the time to actually read my posts and why is that? Is it type prejudice? I've mentioned my husband many times and giving birth several times.

If I have a question about a person's type, I read his/her posts. Or I wait. For me it's a puzzle and eventually the answer is revealed.

I would very much appreciate if the sentence about me were removed from the OP on this thread. I have a feeling this is going to become Sticky and I'll be dealing with this forever.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    ....If I have a question about a person's type, I read his/her posts. Or I wait. For me it's a puzzle and eventually the answer is revealed.
    That strategy works for me too (type, gender, race, whatnot).
    I recommend it.

And if it seems too arduous and one is fairly diplomatic, well, one can always send a PM and ask privately.

Note: I don't necessarily think there is prejudice here. Some people grasp for closure instinctively and don't even realize they're wrong; they also don't have time to read every post by someone, in case a "clue" appears; and so sometimes mistakes happen. Without mentioning names, I will admit to being wrong on people's gender a few times myself and was glad to self-correct.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I've deleted the entire first post. Happy now? I am soo tired of feeling like I have to walk on eggshells for those who are highly sensitive. This is the internet, not a babysitting service. Get a grip.

I am certainly not offended if only a handful of people read my blog and believe it or not I don't think that highly of myself to expect most of the people on here to read or care about me enough to spend their free time catching up on what "Jen's" doing.

And guess what? If someone thought I was a man I would be lmao with tears in my eyes because I am comfortable enough in my own skin not to be offended by such a thing.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That strategy works for me too (type, gender, race, whatnot).
    I recommend it.

And if it seems too arduous and one is fairly diplomatic, well, one can always send a PM and ask privately.

Note: I don't necessarily think there is prejudice here. Some people grasp for closure instinctively and don't even realize they're wrong; they also don't have time to read every post by someone, in case a "clue" appears; and so sometimes mistakes happen. Without mentioning names, I will admit to being wrong on people's gender a few times myself and was glad to self-correct.
    Jennifer, I don't mind that people make mistakes and I've made them, too.
    I understand my avatar could mislead. My chagrin came from being being the focus of a poll.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Unlike the rest of you, I didn't willingly participate in this poll, instead my name was attached to it. While I don't mind that others know my gender and if there was a place for it, I'd indicate female on the member profile, I do feel the original comment on my being mistaken for a man have opened me up to comments like this one.

Again, I feel people aren't taking the time to actually read my posts and why is that? Is it type prejudice? I've mentioned my husband many times and giving birth several times.

If I have a question about a person's type, I read his/her posts. Or I wait. For me it's a puzzle and eventually the answer is revealed.

I would very much appreciate if the sentence about me were removed from the OP on this thread. I have a feeling this is going to become Sticky and I'll be dealing with this forever.

Jae Rae
    Since I know you a little better than other folks here may, I realize how mortifying it is for you to be made the subject of any public conversation. I'm sorry you experienced that here. I used to not understand how someone would be so upset by such attention, but I had an ISFJ friend who was very private and shy, and I learned just how disturbing such attention can be. Now I try to pay more attention to stuff like that.

Hopefully, the whole thing will die down and you'll be able to enjoy this forum once again.

I forget how many posts you need to change the message under your name from "Senior Member" to something else, but perhaps when that option becomes available, you could change the title to "pic of my son" or something similar so people will know it's not you.

If I can't tell if someone's a guy or a gal by their name, I will look at their profile, or their introductory thread, or see if they posted in the member profile thread.