User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Yes. Measurable? By having them take the test...? Yah, that's done a lot.
    Yes, that is what I was referring to. I just assumed that it was very unlikely that a large enough sample size had actually taken the test and was educated enough about the system to accurately choose a type (since that is virtually the only way, that I see, to conclusively know). But if this is so, then that is good. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, though.

I understand that many places use the MBTI and offer the test to their employees and students. It just seems like most of the people who take the test, dismiss it as just another corporate strategy and don't actually take the time to differentiate between the types.

I've had a number of conversations with students who have taken the test for a class that go something like this:
    Them: "So I have to write this paper on why I'm an ISTJ according to some personality thing."
    Me: "Why? You aren't an ISTJ."
    Them: "Yeah, that's what the test said..."
    Me: mentally slaps forehead
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Yes, that is what I was referring to. I just assumed that it was very unlikely that a large enough sample size had actually taken the test and was educated enough about the system to accurately choose a type (since that is virtually the only way, that I see, to conclusively know). But if this is so, then that is good. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, though.

I understand that many places use the MBTI and offer the test to their employees and students. It just seems like most of the people who take the test, dismiss it as just another corporate strategy and don't actually take the time to differentiate between the types.
    They take the full test and sit down with a test administrator. It gets less accurate the more you know about the test, not the other way around.

The sample, as far as I know, is in the tens of thousands. And the gap is strong enough to weather even a large margin of error.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've had a number of conversations with students who have taken the test for a class that go something like this:
    Them: "So I have to write this paper on why I'm an ISTJ according to some personality thing."
    Me: "Why? You aren't an ISTJ."
    Them: "Yeah, that's what the test said..."
    Me: mentally slaps forehead
    Well, then it will be easy to dismiss all the tests and claim INTJs as the dominant executive. *shrug* I'd say we normalise Ns. That'd be the fastest and most accurate way of making reality confirm what we think.

MBTI
    INTJ

They take the full test and sit down with a test administrator. It gets less accurate the more you know about the test, not the other way around.

The sample, as far as I know, is in the tens of thousands. And the gap is strong enough to weather even a large margin of error.
    Interesting. And good.

Concerning knowledge of the system. I wasn't talking about pre-test taking, where I could see the negative influence. I was talking about being able to see or hear a description of the type you received from the test and being able to identify with it, but I would assume this is taken care of, if its administered like that.

Well, then it will be easy to dismiss all the tests and claim INTJs as the dominant executive. *shrug*
    Yes, it would be.

I'd say we normalise Ns. That'd be the fastest and most accurate way of making reality confirm what we think.
    Ok...so what I said about STJs probably wasn't the most accurate comment and came off as degrading. But I'm not an S or an SJ hater. I just think that some people are suited to certain things better than others. It may seem like I was bashing Guardians, but I was surprised by that. And admittedly, I was mainly thinking of CEOs and not upper management.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

No, but you can get it from "Type Talk at Work", or from CPP (but that's expensive). Might be able to amazon preview it the type talk books.

Wherever you wish to draw the line, there are less NTJs at the higher levels. There are more STJs at the higher level. NTJs do not make up the bulk of higher positions - quite the opposite.

Most studies rank the top two ranks (CxO and President, if they are seperated) as executive, fwiw. Upper management are those that report to a manager but have managers under them (VPs, for example). Middle managers are the ones that manage front line employees.
    Interesting. That is a book I'll have to investigate.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    IMO she got at least Clinton (INTJ, not ESTJ)
    It all makes sense now...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Clinton seems to have criticized Obama's idealism far to much to be an INTJ with dominant Ni. Especially after the Texas debate, ESTJ has become a lot more attractive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Clinton seems to have criticized Obama's idealism far to much to be an INTJ with dominant Ni. Especially after the Texas debate, ESTJ has become a lot more attractive.
    Her integrity < Her desire to be president. IMO she's desperately clutching at straws because she's losing.

Incidentally, we discussed her type in more detail here.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    I disagree. One so-obvious factor: An ESTJ would have been criticizing Obama's idealism right out of the box. They're pragmatic and practical and would have undercut Obama much sooner; Hillary was trying to present visions of her own and finally attacked him after he "out-visioned" her.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft