User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Do You Stare?

Talking

Maybe the Staring Man is undercover security?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Maybe the Staring Man is undercover security?

In a car wash and elevator? *raises eyebrow*
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Do you stare at people when you're in public? What type of person does this? Is it some kind of sensory/mental problem that causes people to stare for long periods of time?

I try not to but, must say, I have. I'm not quite sure why I let my manners slide except something grabbed my attention so strongly... usually its been someone I wanted to paint and have, in fact, taken a good enough mental image to do so later. When I've come out of trance, I have, in fact, approached the person and told them what was going on and they've been flattered I think. Those times, I've wished I had a camera with me and could ask the person for a photo.

As for others doing it, I've been stared at all my life and thought I knew why. I've been approached by strangers asking if I'm this or that person as I resembled a couple of celebrities of the day. I got a taste of what celebrities go through. But, now, I don't think I do anymore and they're still staring. I think I just have one of those faces that, as a whole, is me but is made up of individual parts that look like someone else because I still get so many people thinking they know me from somewhere.

I do think people who sit in the park... more like your example, are just entertaining themselves with people watching and are so into it they're probably oblivious. I do tend to be a people watcher but short of staring mostly. I am more of an animal watcher. I can watch them for hours... of course they don't mind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Years ago when we were selling our home in Miami, I had to go downtown to have some permit signed. After I was finished I got on the elevator with a bunch of Latino men (likely in construction) and one of them was seriously staring at my chest. I watched him and let me tell you his eyes never left that region the entire time we were on that elevator. Nasty bastard. :rolleyes2:
    Heh. This is probably why I'm oblivious to that kind of thing: the only thing worth staring at on me, is on the side of my body where I don't have eyes.

I don't think I stare at people. If I make eye contact, I might have to talk to them. I have, in the past, been accused of staring when I was spaced out and didn't even see what I was looking at. Now I try to be careful not to do that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Heh. This is probably why I'm oblivious to that kind of thing: the only thing worth staring at on me, is on the side of my body where I don't have eyes.
    I beg to differ. I've seen your recent pics in your blog and think you're quite fetching. You have the most beautiful hair color!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I suspect I stare sometimes. I'm not really sure where the boundary is between looking at people and staring (beyond the obvious exaggeration, a la George).

I can't help looking at people, they're by far the most interesting thing to see on my commute....It also feels weird to me to rigidly force your eyes away from looking at anything. I've also zoned out while accidentally looking at someone before. I hope I haven't bothered people .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Do You Stare?

No, not usually. I don't usually even notice other people (if I don't pay special attention to them) because I'm most of the time in my own thoughts when out shopping.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The pretties make me do it! I look, but I try not to stare; it's just... they're so pretty
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Does it count if you aren't staring at their face?

but really...i don't stare...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Do You Stare?
    accidently, yes. I stare alot at things and people. I just zone out and don't even realise i'm doing it...

i think staring is usually because one is in thought, it takes over ones mind and well.... your eyes have to go somewhere, don't they? Though i am not staring per se', and just heavily in thought, it would look like i was staring to whoever looks at me at these zoning out times... and sometimes i am not even thinking... it's like a "blackout"