User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    In the right mood, I can wax on about scented candles for a time. Si and memories and such. Then the idea of cinnamon gets me onto the age of sail and then onto classical literature and then history and then...my friend is irritated with me.
    This is the best kind of conversation though.
    Exactly

Tho I can't wax about candles.. They just don't interest me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ugh- talking about scented candles, bargain buys and cars? I'm sorry- you guys know the wrong Ss! conversations about the legality of corpse punching sound like much more fun!
    My ESTP friend would jump into a corpse-punching conversation at the drop of a hat.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I love conversations that go off on odd tangents!

I just have the horrible habit of looping back occasionally in conversations because I think of something that refers to a topic from 10 min in the past or so
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I love conversations that go off on odd tangents!

I just have the horrible habit of looping back occasionally in conversations because I think of something that refers to a topic from 10 min in the past or so
    What's wrong with a loop back?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly

Tho I can't wax about candles.. They just don't interest me
    They didn't me until I was about 30. Si can really pull me off on strange tangents, trying to capture some mood from the past and use scent, taste, music or sight to reproduce it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

What's wrong with a loop back?
    my family likes to joke that if you missed something in the conversation earlier there's a good chance that you'll hear it again when I loop back
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    *pours gravy on himself and steps into the tiger cage*

In my time on this board I've found that INxPs and I are completely incapable of communicating effectively. From my perspective they're so wrapped up in their own ideas and feelings that nothing I say gets through. Probably due to our functions being reversed, my Perceiving is introverted theirs extroverted, my Judging extroverted theirs introverted. Not really sure since I don't grok MBTI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I appreciate your posts sassafrassquatch, you're one of a few that make me laugh. My mother's an ISTJ and we get on really well.
    Seconded! You're one of the funniest people on the forum and I completely dig your laconic observations.

I make an effort to communicate with most people, to the point where I've been told I should've stopped trying. Sensor/Intuitive mean nothing in the real world. I am completely dumbfounded by the mindset that some intuitives are incapable of having more than superficial conversation with sensors. I'm so grateful that I hang around the S/N border and can find some connection with whoever I'm talking to.

If I can't communicate with someone or grasp a conversation (but that really doesn't happen to me unless it's something esoteric that I've never heard of) I figure out a way to depending on my interest level. Of course, it depends on if the person is someone I want to get to know better, but that doesn't have much to do with S/N. I know quite a few intuitives whose paths I wished I'd never crossed. This doesn't mean that I don't think that there are S/N differences in communication, but they don't seem to be as insurmountable as some people have implied. I guess it's about how motivated you are to communicate with someone.

My boss in an intuitive and she's the crappiest communicator I've ever worked with. She expects everyone to intuit her and extrapolate meaning and the gets upset when she's misinterpreted. Only after pressure from other people does she explicitly say what she wants and then I get to hear her rant about how thick people are. The only reason why I've gotten by working with her is because I catch on to what she's saying (sometimes she just wildly waves her hands as a substitute for a word and then I start saying what I think she means and she says yes, yes!), but you shouldn't have to play guessing games in order to understand what someone is saying. I just try to adjust my methods of communicating to who I'm with and it's not that big of a deal to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ

We're talking about I's here.

In the right mood, I can wax on about scented candles for a time. Si and memories and such. Then the idea of cinnamon gets me onto the age of sail and then onto classical literature and then history and then...my friend is irritated with me.
    So you can wax on about candles?

Do you also muse on the Classics?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

My boss in an intuitive and she's the crappiest communicator I've ever worked with. She expects everyone to intuit her and extrapolate meaning and the gets upset when she's misinterpreted. Only after pressure from other people does she explicitly say what she wants and then I get to hear her rant about how thick people are.
    Hmmm... could be perspective. Kinda sounds like hubby and me. Thing is, I think I speak very precisely and succinctly but he might describe me more as you have your boss. I also act pretty much as she does because he's usually missed the one really operative word I've said while he was busy feeling the impact of it.

ByMySword

Cool

See Dewey, I am an INFJ, but I don't mind at all when you explain things. Sometimes my assumptions are wrong. Even though I am Intuitive for the most part, sometimes I need explaining. I think sometimes I piss off Meta because I need him to explain things occasionaly. But mainly I think that's because he doesn't like explaining things. I guess it just shows how borderline I am in some cases. It just depends on the situation.