User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    She hasn't learned to keep quiet about that? In my opinion, whatever an INFP shows to others is the barest peek into what they really hug close to their hearts. Just let little snipets of it out and see if any others care to take the hint and if conditions aren't favorable, they don't cast their most precious pearls before the masses. jmo.
    About once a year or so, we'll have a deep conversation usually about our kids or education, but since we're philosophically opposed on most things, we don't get into it too much.

She called the other day because she needed someone to validate her feelings. I feel honored that she calls me for that. But by the time she's done telling me how the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, I'm ready to curl up into a ball in the corner while she just skips along on her merry way!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    About once a year or so, we'll have a deep conversation usually about our kids or education, but since we're philosophically opposed on most things, we don't get into it too much.

She called the other day because she needed someone to validate her feelings. I feel honored that she calls me for that. But by the time she's done telling me how the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, I'm ready to curl up into a ball in the corner while she just skips along on her merry way!
    My sister is ISTJ and we're totally opposite in our politics and religion so I don't go there with her and when she does with me, I just listen respectfully without agreeing or disagreeing, just give her sympathy if she needs it. She's eleven years older than me and I respect her out of all the things she did for me as a child. I have my husband to validate my views on the world and he thinks it is spiraling far faster to hell than even I do so we're well matched for that. I never go on my merry way about it, I am always thinking on these issues myself, but won't talk about it to others all that often offline. What's the point? Most people are more invested in preserving their egos and their illusions than to really look at human evil.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Do you find more in common with any ISTP because of the Ti link?
    It might have to do with ISFPs and INTPs having their functions reversed, but this particular ISFP does seem to annoy alot of people by how narrow the subjects he talks about are, even to other SPs.

I do have an ISTP friend at work and an ESTP. The ISTP has to be one of the quietest people I know unless he's drunk, but we've always got along well. I love the ESTP, he sometimes joins in the Ne styled conversations, and I'm always asking his advice on health matters.

I sit next to an ESFP as well and he annoys the hell out of me, but I'd rather talk to him than this ISFP.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ

When I am talking to S's the conversation can easily become awkward very quickly. When I'm talking to S's they tend to just look at me with a blank stare like "Wth is he talking about?..."

This is a generalization though, as I do have some S's I can easily talk to. It just seems the likelihood of having a bad conversation is raised when they happen to be an S. I think it has to do with finding common ground. I find that my ESFJ mother and I tend to get along great when we have conversations that seem to use our Fe; otherwise she just annoys me with all her little details and bargain buys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

*pours gravy on himself and steps into the tiger cage*

In my time on this board I've found that INxPs and I are completely incapable of communicating effectively. From my perspective they're so wrapped up in their own ideas and feelings that nothing I say gets through. Probably due to our functions being reversed, my Perceiving is introverted theirs extroverted, my Judging extroverted theirs introverted. Not really sure since I don't grok MBTI.

MBTI
    INTP

I appreciate your posts sassafrassquatch, you're one of a few that make me laugh. My mother's an ISTJ and we get on really well.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I can have a really good conversation with any type and about any subject on this planet. I'm really good in leading the conversation to somewhere where it did not start from. I confuse people by doing this. It's probably NP trait.
    I seem to be good at confusing people in how I can link one topic to another as well. Pretty good at derailing threads if I'm not careful. My natural inclination during conversations is to pick up on something someone's said and run with it in a different direction. It's like a ton of little triggers going off in my head that to most people shouldn't be related at all. Hence why I prefer to stay out of most serious discussions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ugh- talking about scented candles, bargain buys and cars? I'm sorry- you guys know the wrong Ss! conversations about the legality of corpse punching sound like much more fun!

we're not all boring and linked to the boring day to day stuff you know
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ugh- talking about scented candles, bargain buys and cars? I'm sorry- you guys know the wrong Ss! conversations about the legality of corpse punching sound like much more fun!

we're not all boring and linked to the boring day to day stuff you know
    We're talking about I's here.

In the right mood, I can wax on about scented candles for a time. Si and memories and such. Then the idea of cinnamon gets me onto the age of sail and then onto classical literature and then history and then...my friend is irritated with me.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    . It's like a ton of little triggers going off in my head that to most people shouldn't be related at all.

This is the best kind of conversation though.