First 456

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i don't get what you're saying here. it seems to me as if your first claim is that there is no connection between MBTI and intelligence -- that attempting to connect the two demonstrates a lack of understanding. did i misinterpret that?

i guess what you're probably saying is that connecting MBTI and intelligence is NOT thinking outside the box? that thinking outside the box would be to NOT connect the two?

i don't get this. would you mind explaining?
    My initial statement was more-or-less rhetorical, intended to uplift the notion of diversity as it pertains to intellect and how it is emphasized.

Secondary to this point (though not incidental) is the likelihood of certain intellectual expressions to receive a "second billing" to other forms. I've a particular distaste for this, as I suspect linear metrics reduce coherence, rather than add legitimacy.

(This complaint was not shotgun'd your way; it is a general dislike that transcends forum interaction.)

Ultimately, my thoughts likely align neatly with yours; my second post labored to bridge this probability.

Pardon my direction - the error was mine.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    You believe you can understand anything, as long as it is logical? I certainly do not believe I can. Some things are just too complex for me to grasp.
    no, i guess not. you're right. but as of yet in life, i haven't come across anything that i couldn't comprehend given enough time. maybe i've come across things that i haven't bothered to put brainpower into... but, yeah, i'm sure there are things too complex for me to grasp.

i dunno, i guess it's an ego thing for me. i really have a hard time admitting someone might be capable of deeper understanding that i am. then again, i feel i have a completely coherent view of reality myself -- a view that's encompassed everything i've seen so far. maybe there's a hole in it somewhere, but i doubt it. i'm quite sure this guy has his own coherent view of reality. i'd be surprised if our views were much different, actually. bleh, more ego, i guess. or not. i'm not exactly the most objective judge of myself.

This makes me think that you guys are trying to feel you are just as good as this guy, by trying to make him into an S (unconsciously, of course). If he is an S, and you yourself an N, then he might be smarter than you, but you are more creative.
    heh, i had the same thoughts. he's totally an INTJ anyways. Si dominant? yeah right.

MBTI
    INTJ

I just realized something.
    I used to be a bouncer.
    I guess that means I'm highly intelligent, too!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I went on to Pt 3 and thought he was an INTP until then. I don't know if an INTP would say "Put me in charge."

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I went on to Pt 3 and thought he was an INTP until then. I don't know if an INTP would say "Put me in charge."
    Yes, he seems very much goal-directed and a tenacious visionary. He also seems to have this cosmic connection with what we may call the 'infinite living divine mind'. Langan even has this very inward-oriented attitude of narcissism that he can be the one to transform the globe, like the "put me in charge" quote indicated. Indeed this radical revolution he seems to be constructing mentally seems alien to the more balanced and logical ways of INTP.