User Tag List

First 678

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I didn't change mine until people started complaining about people NOT having thier types down!

plus- my type's in my signature!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Meh. You still don't get your own thread.

But for the record, it sort of annoys me as well.
    To be honest, I knew there was a similar thread, but I was too lazy to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    plus- my type's in my signature!
    I had sigs and avs turned off for a while. I know others do.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I show my type because I like labels. I secretly wish that people wore name tags with a list of personal information. Socializing would so much easier. Never again would would people have to waste each other's time always asking "What's your name?"
    In my case, I have to ask twice because I never remember people's names.

Edit: Ah... I got off subject. Ignore that.

MBTI
    GONE

I also prefer to know people's types and having type in the profile is most direct and useful.

I think depending on how long you've been on the boards, some people's types you will alread know, either from previous conversation or from before they changed their type.

Otherwise, it can be a little frustrating not knowing someone's type. Since the forum is ostensibly also about learning about people and intertype relations, knowing what type everyone is gives you a much better idea of type as well as type stereotype -- meaning once in a while you may be surprised to see what an XXXX says.

And knowing their type can give you an idea of where they're coming from.

Then again, you can say you're just trying to put people in boxes by demanding to know their type, but considering this is a site on personality typing...

I think I'll change my type to something else, just to get back at them.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't think I fit the description of an INFJ but if it means that much to you all then so be it.

i- since the E's are trying to lure me to their side. N- because it's true. f- I can actually make decisions by thinking things through. J- The alternative is unimaginable.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    When I have that happen, I don't want to stop indentifying with the INFP archetype, just figure we are two very different people within the same archetype.
    That's my reasoning for showing my type. I figure it'll become self-evident by seeing me and other ENTP's posting that we're not all the same. If I see three posts all saying different viewpoints but the authors all have "INTP" under their avatar, it only reinforces the idea that there's more to a person than type, displays the diversity within type.

Also, taking into account that people sometimes mistype themselves and change their minds later about their type, it'd be silly to give the letters under their avatar too much significance, but it's useful all the same.

I think it's pretty cool when someone does genuinely realize they're mistyped and change it. Cos then all the people who were reading their posts before thinking "Oh yeah, that figures, that's JUST what a xxxx would say, they're saying that because they're this type and that's how they think" are like...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What if you don't know your type? I mean how accurate can an "online" test be? I'd like to be assessed by a professional (seriously) and have them tell me what type I truly am. Can you pick up various traits from another type?. (e.g. SO, bf etc.) I believe so but what do you think?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What if you don't know your type? I mean how accurate can an "online" test be? I'd like to be assessed by a professional (seriously) and have them tell me what type I truly am. Can you pick up various traits from another type?. (e.g. SO, bf etc.) I believe so but what do you think?
    This is an issue for me. I came here to learn but am striking pretty much out on that. lol I was tested 5 times at work (the long professional test) and I read so much here that doesn't fit my type posted by others who are supposed to be mine. On the not listing type... that doesn't help me learning either.