User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Ha, it's not you. I mean, all of a sudden it's in the news, and also appeared on another forum I'm on. I wonder who started it.
    I'm quite sure it is from that researcher > news articles > chatter > forums.

Either way, it is just as funny seeing that CNN decided to write about it... and it is the most read article right now. It's going viral!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Ahh, I've never felt as though I was a Pisces. But now that I'm an Aquarius, I feel like it is a perfect fit. Same goes for my boy, who moved from a Libra to a Virgo. Interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

CAVEAT: Astrology doesn't work. No, really, it doesn't. I've tried (when I was much younger and much more foolish). It's unfalsifiable. If it actually reliably worked, a Ph.D. in astrology would be as respected as a Ph.D. in astronomy.

That said, the topic of the OP has been known for some time: the precession of the equinox gradually moves the position of the equinox through all of the various constellations. Hence, "the age of Aquarius," and so on. The equinox moves backwards through the signs, so early on it was in Aries, then for that past 2000 years or so it was in Pisces, and now it's more or less in (or close to) Aquarius.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o"]Musical interlude[/YOUTUBE]

I've Ascendant and Venus and Mars in Aquarius, so if you believe in astrology, I just have to know what I'm talking about, right?!

The best theory I had for astrology "working" is that it affected the magnetic fields around the earth (gravity is just to weak to justify anything, but electromagnetism is fairly strong). There is enough natural activity that goes through daily (ascendant), monthly (moon), and yearly (sun) cycles that one could posit something resembling traditional astrology that affects human lives. Assuming that it aligns with the yearly cycles, then it is more important that it be consistent with spring/summer/winter/fall than particular constellations in the sky: the yearly cycle is significant in terms of where seasons fall for most living things, but not where the sun "actually" appears in arbitrary constellations around the sky.

Sooo ... the traditional constellations as based on the spring equinox have long been regarded as the "real" signs of the zodiac, in spite of the positions of stars in the sky. The stars are incapable of affecting anything locally, but they make sense as markers for the time of the year, which are simply "off" by a couple of signs (constellations) 4000 years after Western astrology was devised.

Let me close by again saying astrology doesn't "work". It's bogus. It is equivalent to taking the contents of dozens of self-help books and randomly sprinkling their advice throughout millions of combinations of sign, planet, house and aspect. Thus it sounds real and wise, but the advice would apply to just about anyone in any situation, and where the advice doesn't apply, true believers simply ignore it and skip to the next reasonable astrological declaration.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've Ascendant and Venus and Mars in Aquarius, so if you believe in astrology, I just have to know what I'm talking about, right?!
    That would make you ooze sex, am I right? They are not in a conjunction are they? That would be explosive! How do they relate to the rest of the chart?

Hmm... I'm not sure how that should be interpreted since they are in aquarius... I think that would make your libido go through your analytical mind, somehow...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    That would make you ooze sex, am I right? They are not in a conjunction are they? That would be explosive! How do they relate to the rest of the chart?
    Um, yeah. That's the ticket. Forget that bit where I said astrology is hogwash. Yes, I ooze sex.

Venus is conjunct the Ascendant and sextile Mercury. Mars is about 10 degrees off, sextile the midheaven and trine the north node. :rolli:

Hmm... I'm not sure how that should be interpreted since they are in aquarius... I think that would make your libido go through your analytical mind, somehow...
    Aquarius implies unconventional perspectives, not merely an analytical mind. Note how I can invoke either aspect, here, and make it "true."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Um, yeah. That's the ticket. Forget that bit where I said astrology is hogwash. Yes, I ooze sex.
    I agree it's hogwash...

Venus is conjunct the Ascendant and sextile Mercury. Mars is about 10 degrees off, sextile the midheaven and trine the north node. :rolli:
    The sextile mercury would make the sex-analytical mind aspect even stronger (it does bring in somewhat airy feeling to it too, like you don't take your sexual self-image seriously, you play with it). What sign is mercury? Mars sextile midheaven and trine north node would mean that your iniative and assertiveness are crucial for your karma and that will show especially through your career.

MBTI
    ENTP

I knew that already. Pesky precession of the equinoxes How dare the real stars interfere with our arcane theories?

Well, whatever - changing one set of false associations with another set wouldn't influence my life that much...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes I knew, I have fun with it. I always liked being on the cusp of virgo/leo now I am a fully fledged Leo, Woot!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I'm a Capricorn now. A GOAT? (my 3 best friends are Capricorns xD) I mean c'mon I could have been THE SCALES. BUT NOOO. I LIKED BEING A WOMAN WATER-BEARER.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I always knew the Libra description doesn't suit me!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.