User Tag List

Thread: WTF is going on? Is everyone else a blob that changes form?

Default WTF is going on? Is everyone else a blob that changes form?

Yes, serious, I wondered that when I was a kid.

I remember spending a lot of time as a kid trying to figure out wtf was going on and what I was supposed to be doing. Why is everyone expecting "this" or "this" from me when I don't get it at all. Most of the time I didn't even get what "this" even was. It was like everyone else had some idea of what was going on and I was just kind of lost. I've been told this is an NP thing.

I'm old enough to know that things that I deal with aren't uncommon so that's not a concern but when I was a kid I didn't realize it. I read recently about a thing I had happen as a kid that means you are detached from your surroundings. I wonder how much that plays into the "wtf am I supposed to be doing??" thing or if it's just an NP thing.

The thing I used to wonder is if there was a finite number of organisms and they would swap out to different people to replace whoever was with me at the time. I actually told one of my siblings and they told everyone (6 kids) and I got teased for thinking everyone was a "blob that changes form" I was pretty young - 9?

I found this site, I haven't looked much but it's funny.

I can't help but wonder the type of people who go through this kind of craziness.

Input into my craziness or information about yours is welcome.

I used to think if I closed my eyes that nobody would see me.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

In high school, meeting all the various cliques around me. I quickly came to the conclusion that people choose their place without putting much thought in it at all. Skinheads, revo's, nerds, chavs, etc.

Therefor, I sought the most normal looking group of friends I could, so I wouldn't feel tied down to whatever weird movement was going on.

Are people blobs that constantly change? Nah, people are blobs that assume change.

For a brief period, I believed that I could get anything I wanted (or anything my family or friends wanted) just by concentrating on it hard enough.
    Something Witty

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I relate mostly to the "WTF is going on" part - I remember as a child feeling detached from my surroundings a lot, like I remember thinking that other children knew something I didn't, and it was very difficult for me to play sports or anything. My connection to the outside world just was not good. This has spilled somewhat over into adulthood, but not as severely.

I also wondered if it helped when I got glasses. I even considered ISFP as a type, that maybe I learned to over rely on Fi/Ni as a kid because of reading constantly, being a bit nearsighted, and social anxiety, but nah I don't think so.

As far as strange beliefs, I thought god could hear my thoughts, but I don't think that's unusual, even for some adults. I would pretend like I was in a tv show and things like that, but I knew I was pretending. I do somewhat relate to Tallulah in that for a period of time I believed in the power of silent psychological will to influence others. I wasn't a child though, I had to be at least 15. I still believe in ghosts.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma