User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Favourite emotion?

I like to feel industrious! But then, that isn't a standard "emotion" That's more like.. a condition

I like to feel accomplished, as well.. but see, that's a non-emotion again.

Pride comes closest.

What's yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

How similar that really is?

To anyone who desires to fluff this, bring it on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    It's exactly the same.
    I don't agree, it's not exactly the same. A smiley is just a image, it doesn't necessarily represent an emotion. He's asking us to describe our favorite emotion, not our favorite icon that potentially represents an emotion.

Still, it might belong in the Fluff Zone according to standards, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, mine is sympathy, because it makes me feel connected to people. It seems to be the most "real" connection to people I've experienced. I described why here:

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200
    To sympathize with someone is to feel their pain, literally "suffering together." Sym (together) pathos (pain). The Greeks were quite perceptive in the way they constructed this. You might think them pessimists because they refer the most negative aspect of caring about another, but it is so true. A fair-weather friend is not a friend at all. Most would agree that a true friend is one who continues to be affected by your feelings regarding something even when it is no longer pleasant. So ironically, the most negative aspect is also the most moving one. But what is the nature of sympathy?

Quite simply, it is finding something of oneself in another. To identify something in another person that reminds you of something about yourself. It could be a way of thinking, an interest, an allegiance, a hardship, or even a goal. In any case, it means to feel a connection to that person based on this, and thus to "sympathize" with them. It's especially strong when something in the very way they process things reminds you of yourself in some way.

MBTI
    ENTJ

*puts his reading glasses on*
    smil ey <smahy-lee< plural ‑eys, adjective
    –noun 1. a sideways representation of a smiling face, :‑), or similar combination of symbols, as ;‑), a winking face, or :‑(, a sad face, created by keystrokes and used to communicate humor, sarcasm, sadness, etc., in an electronic message. Compare emoticon.
    e mo tion <i-moh-shuhn> –noun
    1. an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness.
    2. any of the feelings of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love, etc.
    3. any strong agitation of the feelings actuated by experiencing love, hate, fear, etc., and usually accompanied by certain physiological changes, as increased heartbeat or respiration, and often overt manifestation, as crying or shaking.
    4. an instance of this.
    As my final evidence, ladies and gentlemen - let me present a quote from said thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    What is/are your favourite smiley/s?

Mine are:
    :horor: and
    I rest my case.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Anyways, I think we can get a deeper inquiry into the subject by analyzing why some emotion really is our favourite emotion, how we exhibit it and why.

I arrived to my conclusion by starting from my favourite condition, that of industriousness. Then I just matched it to a list of emotions from wikipedia, in here. No other matched as well, so I deducted being driven to be industrious by pride.

Yet I don't feel excessive proud, nor feelings of grandiose. Do you think this is a valid trail of thought to use in this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

inspiration. usually results from obscurely noticing things that could become better and a desire to implement ideas. Ni all the way then i suppose. It becomes the most full emotionally when I connect it with Fe, as in imagining helping humanity as a whole in some way or people i am close to improve their lives.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hmmm....

not to sound like a bad person, but one of my favorite emotions is the feeling of evil glee that I get when someone who's f*^&#37;ed me over in the past gets what they have coming to them

I also love the feeling of anticipation that you get before something that you're really looking forward to!

and the feeling of relaxed acceptance that you get around people who love you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falc's favourite emotion is 'hope'. Falcarius loves how it's short and sweet. Whenever he thinks of 'hope' he thinks of the bright luring white light of destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Joy. Just feeling completely joyful, happy, delighted to be alive, filled with the rush of the world around me, exhilarated, energized, inspired.

Giddiness. Lighter-than-air feeling you have when you're just starting out a relationship and everything's fluffy, refreshing, new, and exciting. Or at the start of a vacation. Kinda tied to Joy, I guess.

Peace. Being calm and centered and in the moment. Perfectly content with things as they are. Relaxed. Zen-like.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Bittersweetness.

(You see, I can't make up my mind... and pain mixed with joy seems to me to be most indicative of the truth of life.)

When I have true euphoria, I always know it won't last. So... ick.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not to sound like a bad person, but one of my favorite emotions is the feeling of evil glee that I get when someone who's f*^&#37;ed me over in the past gets what they have coming to them
    hmmm...maybe I need to rethink my answer!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft