User Tag List

123 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default Morality question/dillema.

So, at the store I picked up a Tillandsia aeranthos (http://www.pbase.com/plbh/image/38598308), marked $6.97, and a stick of wood to place said Tillandsia upon. I was a bit preoccupied thinking about something when the checkout lady knocked my new Dendrobium over, which caused me to be preoccupied with removing the flower spike from the cart without knocking all the buds off (why do they sell them with spikes and not just with pictures of the flowers it will have?). Anyhow, while I was up to this, she scanned the rest of the items as I was watching out of the corner of my eye. I could have swore she missed the Tillandsia, and I told her that, but she insisted that she scanned it. Well, I have returned home to find no charge on the receipt for $6.97, and there are only 8 entries, not 9 for the number of items I bought.

The store is quite a drive (time consuming), gas is expensive (in two trips I will pay for the item in gas), and she insisted that she scanned it.

What should I do?

MBTI
    INFP

i would do whatever put my mind to rest.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

even in your distraction you mentioned that she forgot it, and she didn't bother to check and was insistent that she hadn't I wouldn't worry about it
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    i would do whatever put my mind to rest.
    The only reason my mind is not restful is that she argued with me about it. To be totally honest would take wasting more money than the item is worth to get over there and back...again...to argue with some manager to get them to charge me for the item so I can pay it...on top of the waste of time and petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    even in your distraction you mentioned that she forgot it, and she didn't bother to check and was insistent that she hadn't I wouldn't worry about it
    That's my thought, but I wanted to check with the more moral types. Should I return there anytime before I forget with such copious free time as required to argue that they forgot to scan my item, I'll pay for it then...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wouldn't go all the way back. You did try to tell her. If it keeps you up at night, which I don't think it would me, I'd send them a letter of explanation and a check.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

since she took it lightly, you can too. and if you can't, then do whatever it takes to get it off your mind, if that means driving back to the store -__-
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTp

Absolutely no guilt. You gave her the opportunity and she didn't take it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    So, at the store I picked up a Tillandsia aeranthos (http://www.pbase.com/plbh/image/38598308), marked $6.97, and a stick of wood to place said Tillandsia upon. I was a bit preoccupied thinking about something when the checkout lady knocked my new Dendrobium over, which caused me to be preoccupied with removing the flower spike from the cart without knocking all the buds off (why do they sell them with spikes and not just with pictures of the flowers it will have?). Anyhow, while I was up to this, she scanned the rest of the items as I was watching out of the corner of my eye. I could have swore she missed the Tillandsia, and I told her that, but she insisted that she scanned it. Well, I have returned home to find no charge on the receipt for $6.97, and there are only 8 entries, not 9 for the number of items I bought.

The store is quite a drive (time consuming), gas is expensive (in two trips I will pay for the item in gas), and she insisted that she scanned it.

What should I do?
    Are you really an INTJ? And if so, shame on you for trolling for NFisms.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Are you really an INTJ? And if so, shame on you for trolling for NFisms.
    If you couldn't tell from that post that I'm an INTJ...you must be an INTP.

And, yes, I guess you could say I was trolling for the opinions of the NFs, for a warm morality injection into my cold logic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    If you couldn't tell from that post that I'm an INTJ...you must be an INTP.

And, yes, I guess you could say I was trolling for the opinions of the NFs, for a warm morality injection into my cold logic.
    Why go looking for that?

And your post screamed SJ.